Prediction Changes: Round 2 Vs North Melbourne + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get prepared for disappointment. Good chance it is Banfield into the 22 for Taberner. The main thing stopping it would be if Walters is deemed fit and JL can go back to his 1 wood of playing 4 x small forwards and Banfield as the sub.

NOD for Hughes could also happen, depending on fitness.

If JL gets more imaginative than that, then I will be surprised.

Tend to agree. Disappointment is something I'm getting used to after 28 years of supporting this club.

If moldy old Ross can come up with a gameplan to block our scoring after being 3 years out of the coaches box then it stands to reason that a superior coach in Clarkson can come up with some plan this week as well...and he's got a full forward that's leading the Coleman.

If moldy old Ross can come up with a gameplan to block our scoring after being 3 years out of the coaches box then it stands to reason that a superior coach in Clarkson can come up with some plan this week as well...and he's got a full forward that's leading the Coleman.
Larkey certainly likes beating up on poor old West Coast

Anyone else think this is a ligit 50/50 game?
Shocked Jaws GIF

I wish I shared the optimism. I think our weaknesses are glaring and it might take more than a week to fix. If we were up against some numpty coach like Voss I'd be more optimistic.

Very happy to be proven wrong here.
Last week was as much attitude as it was anything else. We played the robotic process game, underestimating the ‘Lyon sacked by Freo’ motivation that the Saints had bringing great effort & passion. They cared, we balanced the books.
We need to find a balance between process & passion & should expect a response this week. Anything else is just unacceptable.

Changes:
Hughes out for NOD
Treacy out for Amiss
Brodie out - Fyfe to the middle and Walters in up forward
Walker in for Wilson, rough on Wilson I know but we need Walkers dash and dare.
Sturt as the sub

If Erasmus or Johnson are showing anything I’d bring one of them in ahead of JOM too but I don’t think that will happen
WTF
Brodie was our best mid
& Wilson the only back who actually took the game on

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We shall see, but Clarkson didn't have too much luck doing it the last few times his teams played us.

I wonder if they will flood our f50 like Lyon did? Keeping the total score under 120 points will go a long way to snatching a win for Clarkson, JLo might need a plan B.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Am I suffering from false memory syndrome?

In our scratchie v Crows (yes yes, just a scratchie but even so) the boys burst from the blocks super-fast to take Q1. Sure they went on to lose but that aggressive start had me excited about Freo's season.

Did I dream that? If not, what's happened?

Am I suffering from false memory syndrome?

In our scratchie v Crows (yes yes, just a scratchie but even so) the boys burst from the blocks super-fast to take Q1. Sure they went on to lose but that aggressive start had me excited about Freo's season.

Did I dream that? If not, what's happened?
that fast start came down to dominance in the centre square, much easier to do against the crows then a half decent saints midfield evidently

happened a fair bit at the end of last year where our mids just got completely outworked and were invisible, need to see a statement by our vice captains this week

I wonder if they will flood our f50 like Lyon did? Keeping the total score under 120 points will go a long way to snatching a win for Clarkson, JLo might need a plan B.
If they do they win, because we won’t be doing it to them. You don’t need talent to beat us, you just need discipline to give us no space, create the turnover and beat us with run. That’s how we lost last year and we continue to lose to it this year

Serong and Brayshaw had their publicity headshots up in the Saints changerooms. Stringbag Lyon would have given very explicit instructions about what was to happen if either of those boys got the pill.

Late in the game, Serong finally got a free for being held during a bounce. Blind Freddy could have seen that one but it had actually been happening all day. And if either he or Slayshaw actually got the agget, they were pounced by one or two dudes. Just drilled.

Which is great. Figuring out how to deal with that sort of attention is now their current challenge. And they seem the types to thrive on challenge.

What bothers me is WTF JOM and Brodie were getting up to while all this was going on.

Oh, that and the fact Fyfe seems rustier than nun's lips.

Oh, and that Treacy goes reactive when it's the real deal. Just running around clueless, looking to bury dudes when he should just be charging at the ball-carrier. (The match-up they found for Treacy was really good incidentally. I thought that bloke was going to go to Fyfe but apparently Fyfe didn't need minding, just the dream we have of him.)

Oh, and that Taberner is a ******* crab.

I am not going to be at the game on Sairday but if I were, I would be looking very closely at how we set up at stoppages. No point having Brodie at the end of the chain. And JOM needs to be guarding their exit route.

Also, don't put Jacko in the middle to rove when we are getting pumped. Do it as a surprise. Get them to react.

my proposed changes:
  • Sturt for Banfield (Banfield showed nothing so why persist when we can give Sturt a go against a bottom 4 team, i.e. if not now, then when would be better?)
  • Amiss for Tabs (If you are getting subbed out, then should you be an automatic selection? Get games and experience into Treacy and Amiss. They are the future and Tabs is on his last legs, and Treacy needs to learn when to go hard and when not to. Best to learn that now and learn leading running patterns with Amiss so they get use to playing together)
  • Don't think Walters or O'Driscoll are probably quite ready fitness wise after achilles and hot spot issues, respectively. It's a long season and no reason to rush.

Back the boys to come out and respond, no one will be dirtier about what was dished up last week then the boys themselves.

Tabs and Treacy will be given a life line but if they don’t respond then they’ll be out of the team.

Would love to see Sturt come in and would also like to see Fyfe go to a few centre bounces and throw his weight around, especially if JOM or Brodie go missing again.

OUT: Hughes, Banfield

IN: Walters, Noddy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back