Unofficial Preview Changes - Round 20 Lions v Western Bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Keays needs to get some confidence. Runs to all the right spots but seems to be rushing disposal and causing turnovers regularly. Need to get rid of this part of his game or others will overtake him next year.

With Cox, I just don't think you can drop a player that creates that much run off half back. Of course he'll make mistakes... even the best two players in the competition are clanger kings.

Keays would be a little lucky to survive the cut this week (if there is one). He seems a little off it and can't handle the pace of the game just yet.

Keays needs to get some confidence. Runs to all the right spots but seems to be rushing disposal and causing turnovers regularly. Need to get rid of this part of his game or others will overtake him next year.
You are 100% correct about Keaysey. He is a confidence player & a very confident young man. (maybe a little over confident to offset other issues) I have no doubt that this is affecting his performance as skills will become affected & fumbles creep in. This will improve as he matures as a person & insecurities disappear. He was almost faultless in the U18's carnival when he plays against opposition he knows he can beat and for the first time in his career he is not an automatic selection. I have no doubt he will overcome his problems. He's a classy player & will improve in this area.
Further to this, I am more concerned about Rhys Matheson. He really struggles with his defensive pressure & needs to dramatically improve his running or he will be the one that is left behind imo.

Also worth noting that Harwood is now seen a defensive forward, not a defender where he played all his other games. I like him forward
We have some good users out of the back half now, better than Harzy, but he still has that attack on the ball and hardness we desperately need.

He certainly hasn't been the same since it happened.
And Beams visibly struggling as well, racking up the possessions the last couple though.

Sublaxed the shoulder against carlton again I'm fairly sure. Difference between Rocky and Beams is an unstable joint vs pain threshold. Rocky should be in for surgery as soon as possible where I think Dayne could finish the year with jabs.

Biggest concern for me is Mathieson spending the lowest amount of time on ground- ok equal with Jansen, but the point is still valid. Unless he's injured or very fatigued, 66% tog isn't good enough. I thought he'd turned a corner after that GWS game, but he hasn't produced anything close to that level since.
At the risk of being repetitive, I thought he had one of his better games at this level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back