Preview Changes: Round 20 Vs Geelong Cats + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Wilson hasn't been right since the Melbourne game, maybe earlier
he got hurt around then and hasn't been same - they should have let him recover and give another bloke ago - that was a mistake IMO. Some players can play thru injuries, others can't. don't think he can
Depends on the club policy and where and what the injury is. It seems our policy is to keep on park no matter what and if in foot disregard the player won't be able to kick. Same happened to Pierce last with poor long term prognosis. Some clubs especially with lower leg injuries will rest and treat immediately.

I agree that someone else should have been given a go and Nyhuis and Duman were both kept out of the team during this period. Get Dardy a coach for kicking and confidence and give him a structure for delivering the ball to him on a lead and no reason he can't be in the team instead of Lobb! Might have been handy if Cox was available as well.

Don't think it's a co-incidence that Col Young criticises injury treatment and both Lobb and Wilson who weren't named in the injury list are suddenly injured and being rested and treated.

he got hurt around then and hasn't been same - they should have let him recover and give another bloke ago - that was a mistake IMO. Some players can play thru injuries, others can't. don't think he can
Pretty hard to perform when you can't feel half of your foot I imagine but you're spot on in that he should have been given time to recover.

I don't think we, or any other team for that matter, would field a full twenty two if we benched otherwise fit players because they needed a jab to play.
Agree but in the foot really effects the way you can run and kick. I remember last year the same thing happened with AP, he couldn't hit a target by foot.

Our Injury Team

Wilson, Pearce, Ryan
Stephen Hill, Cox, ...
... , Valente, Giro
Hogan, Taberner, Bennell
Lobb, ..., ...
Kersten, Meek, ..., ...

Just add in Fyfe, Walters, Hamling, Brad Hill, Ed Langdon and Mundy and we have a team.

I thought about including the first round draft picks we are also missing like a ghosts of the past/injured best 22 but that is really ugly.

We are missing our first round draft pick from 2009 (Morabito), 2012 (Simpson), 2013 (Apeness), 2015 (Bennell) and shifted the 2014 (Weller) into a second 2017 pick (Brayshaw)

The 'alternate reality' Dockers for this round:
Wilson, Hamling, Ryan
Logue, Pearce, Weller
Morobito, Neale, Yeo (taken by Bris pick 30 - we picked Foster at 29)
Walters, Hogan, Bennell
Matera, Lobb, Bobby Hill (taken at pick 14)
Ruck: Grundy (taken by Coll pick 18 - we picked Simpson at 17)
Foll: Fyfe, Kelly
Int: Mundy, Menegola, B Hill, S Hill

All I'm hoping for are better kick outs after they score a point. This will at least show they have addressed a gameday strategic issue from last week.
It would be exciting to see Carter take the ball & sprint away from the goalsquarebefore launching the ball past half back.

The 'alternate reality' Dockers for this round:
Wilson, Hamling, Ryan
Logue, Pearce, Weller
Morobito, Neale, Yeo (taken by Bris pick 30 - we picked Foster at 29)
Walters, Hogan, Bennell
Matera, Lobb, Bobby Hill (taken at pick 14)
Ruck: Grundy (taken by Coll pick 18 - we picked Simpson at 17)
Foll: Fyfe, Kelly
Int: Mundy, Menegola, B Hill, S Hill

Can't have Bobby Hill and Hogan/Lobb cause without trading down we don't get those two players. But if you want alternate reality. Maybe Apeness is fit and firing and we don't need Hogan. Maybe Jayden Pitt is in his prime.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't have Bobby Hill and Hogan/Lobb cause without trading down we don't get those two players. But if you want alternate reality. Maybe Apeness is fit and firing and we don't need Hogan. Maybe Jayden Pitt is in his prime.
Hill went at 23 - we took Sturt at 17

I can have him in. Without the trades I'd have Ben King.

It's not only some players can play through injury or not, it's where it is and how they play. Wilson is a dash and delivery by foot player - that's his thing, the foot issue has messed that particular ability up. So stupid to have kept playing him because he's so average at everything else.

As you say, we had options to try and should have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back