Preview Changes: Round 21 vs norf

Remove this Banner Ad

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Changes this week are a very serious matter so choose wisely. Here's what we're playing for

A win to norf pretty much ensures they play finals. Anywhere from a 6th to 8th finish.

A win to us pretty much ensures they miss and finish 9th.

It's a free hit for us.

No change

No change

If Gowers is available, he would be an upgrade on Lynch (who was playing mostly forward against St Kilda).

If Gowers is not available, I'd be happy with no change.

Not sure on status of Roarke Smith. He may miss with concussion.

If Gowers is available, he would be an upgrade on Lynch (who was playing mostly forward against St Kilda).

Ah yes that's true. Gowers for Lynch if possible would be good.

I've had this game pencilled in for a while as potentially being the most satisfying win of the season should it pan out that way. I've got my wish, just have to close the deal now. Leon will be frothing at the mouth in anticipation:p

Smith will miss, Beveridge virtually said so at the press conference. He also said Adams is the only one of the injured players who may come back this week.

Don’t shoot me but wouldn’t be surprised if moz gets a week for the collision with battle, MRP go off injuries and battle got a concussion from a clash of heads when moz bumped him.

Clash of heads is where the concussion came from, but only trouble if it was shoulder to the head. Just a footy accident

Clash of heads is where the concussion came from, but only trouble if it was shoulder to the head. Just a footy accident

Not that I agree with it but I thought it was any contact to the head from a bump is what gets a player done if they choose to bump even a clash of heads from it. I hope your right though

Not that I agree with it but I thought it was any contact to the head from a bump is what gets a player done if they choose to bump even a clash of heads from it. I hope your right though
Should be fine both going for the ball

Changes this week are a very serious matter so choose wisely. Here's what we're playing for

A win to norf pretty much ensures they play finals. Anywhere from a 6th to 8th finish.

A win to us pretty much ensures they miss and finish 9th.

It's a free hit for us.

No change
You make a compelling case NW.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For cases like this I always refer back to Burton on Shaun Higgins from earlier this year and surely that means Morris is well and truly safe

Don't agree with "resting" young players with only three games to go. Its the fourth quarter of the Grand Final, suck it up and push through it. The best players are the ones who can work through fatigue and find that extra gear to grind out a game. The end up "resting" by playing a VFL game anyway

In: Adams
Out: Smith

Would love to see English and Porter at some point, but unless we have further injuries it may be a little difficult

Don't agree with "resting" young players with only three games to go. Its the fourth quarter of the Grand Final, suck it up and push through it. The best players are the ones who can work through fatigue and find that extra gear to grind out a game. The end up "resting" by playing a VFL game anyway

In: Adams
Out: Smith

Would love to see English and Porter at some point, but unless we have further injuries it may be a little difficult
In past years it's been common for clubs to rest players, listing it as "general soreness". Haven't seen it yet this year but I expect it will happen, e.g. for a top 8 side playing Carlton.

Sides headed for the finals have the most to gain by freshening up some of their squad. However all clubs have a duty of care to both the player and themselves not to drive some of their kids into the ground.

It's not always just the kids either. Sometimes it's a more mature player listed as "soreness". The older you get the slower you bounce back.

Lynch will almost certainly go out. Beveridge conceded that they "had to" move him to another part of the ground despite losing a defender early. The defensive side of his game fluctuates between passable and terrifyingly bad - I think his offensive flashiness makes him look like more of a net positive than he can be at times. Think he'll spend a bit more time in the 2s.

In past years it's been common for clubs to rest players, listing it as "general soreness". Haven't seen it yet this year but I expect it will happen, e.g. for a top 8 side playing Carlton.

Sides headed for the finals have the most to gain by freshening up some of their squad. However all clubs have a duty of care to both the player and themselves not to drive some of their kids into the ground.

It's not always just the kids either. Sometimes it's a more mature player listed as "soreness". The older you get the slower you bounce back.

I don't mean top 8 squads, probably should have mentioned it. For a top eight team its understandable, but for a crap house team there is no reason to. Fatigue is a part of the game, and cannot understand the calls to drop players to rest when they still end up playing footy that weekend anyway, you're a bottom eight team with nothing on the line and there is only three measly games left. Little late to rest the likes of Richards etc

Will be interesting who Beveridge puts on Brown. Pretty much has to be a rookie in Naughton or Adams. Am I missing someone?

Mr. Fix It

288478-tlsnewsportrait.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back