Bicco

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 23, 2013
Hobart
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle, Socceroos
FMD McCarthy and not Dixon. If we've picked a marking forward based on tackles then our small forwards better be ready to snap a few goals off the pack.
Dixon in the squad would have been nice for him even if he was never going to play.

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Steven and Hannebery make them look good on paper, but its not like they are adding two players who have had great seasons. Steven hasn't played since Round 6 and Hannebery has played 2 games this season.

Any thought Nyhuis could come in and we keep the same forward set up without McCarthy...using Blakely/Cerra as the extra mid rotation to give Mundy and Fyfe the forward role. That's what people were asking for last week.

Even with the loss of Gresham, St Kilda are a bit more nippier in their forward half than Geelong's selected line-up last week.

Marvel Stadium is much the same size as Optus - so there's no issue being too tall or too short if we play the same the same way as last week.

bushchook

All Australian
Dec 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
I reckon there's 2 people in the entire football world who think Ballantyne deserves a game this week....and one of them is Ballantyne.

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Steven and Hannebery make them look good on paper, but its not like they are adding two players who have had great seasons. Steven hasn't played since Round 6 and Hannebery has played 2 games this season.

Any thought Nyhuis could come in and we keep the same forward set up without McCarthy...using Blakely/Cerra as the extra mid rotation to give Mundy and Fyfe the forward role. That's what people were asking for last week.

Even with the loss of Gresham, St Kilda are a bit more nippier in their forward half than Geelong's selected line-up last week.

Marvel Stadium is much the same size as Optus - so there's no issue being too tall or too short if we play the same the same way as last week.
Very desperate ins tbh. Hardly much match fitness, and they’re both a shadow of themselves. Back our younger, stronger inside.

But Saints will go out hard. Will be a brutal hard game. We move the ball better and focused, can win. Just another four quarter effort.

Jul 15, 2007
Too far from my bed
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Patriots
It’s such a Freo thing to do, to let us down the week after such a stirring win
So I’m hoping for but not expecting a win

I think it's also a young, mid-table team thing to do too, especially away from home. On top of that as E Shed said above, Geelong played into our hands a bit, attempting to control the ball with slower methodical movement and backing wins in the ruck contests - Saints don't play with that same style, they'll play helter skelter style that we'll struggle to keep up with on the fast deck too. Think we're capable, but to back up and get this win would be a big call.

Doubt we'll do it myself, but hope we give it a red hot shake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Greyhairs

Senior List
May 6, 2019
Rockingham
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City, Boston Bruins.
I was one who thought that bringing in Ballas for his experience was a good thing, turned out I was way, way wrong.
I think having him in the team against the Saints might be way, way wrong also but we’ll see.

Apr 14, 2018
Just up the street
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC
Saints confident of quelling Fyfe,

Attachments

• FB592933-0E41-49B5-BE82-3E406AF73152.png
    FB592933-0E41-49B5-BE82-3E406AF73152.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 175

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
Dixon is a chance to debut according to Ross.
If he does get a gig instead of Cam then that may mean the latter's cards are marked.

Not sure what time frame Ross had for Dixon's debut. Picture here has Hugh Dixon in Tasmania yesterday afternoon (unless Twitter is really slow to upload in Tasmania). I suppose he has time to fly back for the WAFL on Saturday.

Last edited:

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Unchanged team this weekend. That's good to see, you don't fix what isn't broken. Also helps develop a winning culture.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back