Preview Changes: Round 21 Vs St Kilda + Pre-match discussion

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'm looking forward to a Sturt debut as much as anyone (except may Joao) but I think he's just not physically there. Just not enough of a tank or size on him, which, given his concussions already, means he's likely close to no chance.

Reckon he'll give round 1 a good shot next year though, just desperately needs pre-seasons
I very much hope he can play a bit after watching Ian Hill yesterday, Hill looks like a ready made Ballantyne replacement who can already bob up for 2 or 3 goals and create opportunity for others.
Sturt looks clever and classy but sometimes I wish we would go with the sure thing.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle
Sorry but Shultz is a delist

Thought Shultz did some really good things yesterday.

If Lobb is available which I don’t think he is, I’d bring him in for the unlucky Darcy if we genuinely think we’re a finals chance.

Don’t think we should change a winning team even though it’s at Marvel.

No Changes, back them in.

332docker

Club Legend
Apr 23, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Western Force
Bit like how most on here think crowden is a spud and should be delist too??
i'm going to go early out on a limb, but I reckon Crowden might be similar to Neale in another 3-5 years, a bloody good inside mid who loves getting the the guts and getting the ball out to the outside. He has been developed well under Lyon.

I'm happy they extended him and have been putting some integrety back into selection this year. It will help him and Banfield become good long term AFL players.

summerthebat

Premiership Player
Apr 8, 2007
Teenage Mountain
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cam McCarthy is no David Mundy, I think we can all agree on that... but surely you have to have some sympathy for him after watching that game last night.

Mundy (our lord and saviour) played McCarthy's exact role last night and did absolutely nothing until the last quarter, which is where Mundy's class prevailed. Aside from the two clutch goals, he put up McCarthy numbers, simple as that.

Cam is a great set shot for goal and takes his chances and I'm confident that his reduced output in our recent downturn, is due to the garbage being served up further up the field and the structures put in place that have been haunting us for years now.

Jan 14, 2008
AFL Club
Fremantle
Cam McCarthy is no David Mundy, I think we can all agree on that... but surely you have to have some sympathy for him after watching that game last night.

Mundy (our lord and saviour) played McCarthy's exact role last night and did absolutely nothing until the last quarter, which is where Mundy's class prevailed. Aside from the two clutch goals, he put up McCarthy numbers, simple as that.

Cam is a great set shot for goal and takes his chances and I'm confident that his reduced output in our recent downturn, is due to the garbage being served up further up the field and the structures put in place that have been haunting us for years now.

Mundy was the on field forward coach for the youngsters, he did what he was put there for.
Kudos to him .

rgauci

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 16, 2004
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
DOCKERS

The difference is, if Fyfe is being beaten in the middle. You can swap Mundy and Fyfe. But I agree, as a full time forward, Mundy = Cam.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
i'm going to go early out on a limb, but I reckon Crowden might be similar to Neale in another 3-5 years, a bloody good inside mid who loves getting the the guts and getting the ball out to the outside. He has been developed well under Lyon.

I'm happy they extended him and have been putting some integrety back into selection this year. It will help him and Banfield become good long term AFL players.
I don't see Lachie in Mitch, not as clever I don't think. What he does have is more pace and a better kick. Hopefully we can teach him to use it at stoppages.

Better tackler as well.

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I'd swap Cam for Shultz too but no changes would be equally reasonable. Why would we bring Wilson back, he's been poor for weeks.

Outshined

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 12, 2009
WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
The forward line we fielded yesterday was surprisingly effective but we can't afford to carry two limited scoring small forwards.

In saying that, we've been chopping and changing a lot recently so it'd be fair enough to take the opportunity to give the same 22 another go at it away from home. Schulz deserves more than a single game in isolation to judge his output.

Boppo

Premiership Player
Mar 21, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Sth Freo
I wish we could use Cam as an old fashioned leading forward instead of a bomb to a stationary 1 on 1 situation. Study the Josh Kennedy video at wc and have him lead in the same manner..he'll kick em from anywhere.

Jul 18, 2010
Australia.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Perth.

I saw his draft video and thought similar. Good evasion skills. Good kick. Runs well. Another couple of pre-seasons and I think he may well take flight like a swan :)....

Sep 8, 2012
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GWS
Just had a look at the ladder predictor, and if we win our remaining games, we are a serious chance at finals. Imagine that with the last few weeks we have had.

Need Adelaide and saints to lose their remaining games, but if you look at the fixture, none of them are gimmes for them.

I think we are too inconsistent for it to happen, but you never know

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers

Its amazing isnt it? We all love David Mundy for his hard work and loyalty for the club. He has stayed with us through thick and thin, Just like the fans staying loyal to this club. I loved his grand final game in 2013. Plus his 2 game winning shots vs Richmond in the MCG in 2015 and 2017 too.

Cam McCarthy has had an Alright year. 16 goals and 5 behinds from 10 or 11 games isnt too bad. I still see cam mccarthy as a 30-40 goal a season forward. Not that its a bad thing.

I still remember people frustrated at Ross Lyon not Playing Matt Tarberner when at one point, Matt Tarberner was the only tall forward in our team not injured. He was playing in the WAFL to improve his goal kicking. He was accuarate in 2017 or 2018, It was one of those years. Yeah we were slowly developing him.

I am probably going to be alone on this. But I am going to miss shane kersten. He wasnt a great key forward. But I reckon he wasnt too bad at set shots either.

Back