Preview Changes: Round 21 Vs St Kilda + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Cam is a no for me. Schulz is a lot better, quicker and his pressure is immense. He ll grow into it. Cam offers nothing defensively, isn’t quick, goes missing for large periods.
I want Lobb/Darcy/Sandi. Need to dine on their defence. They will he looking for intercept marks by Carlisle. Banfield probably make way. Keep the mosquito fleet but with Lobb and Darcy deep forward.

Seriously silly comment.
Kid has played 5 games and you cut him on that body of work.
Minimum start contract is 2 yrs so is contracted for 2020.

Give him a contract. He’s useful, fast and solid. He gets in the right spots. Need those sort of players. He’s not a priority delisting. The talls will be delisted.

This will sound ridiculous but I reckon the 8 day break doesn't serve us well with this momentum.

We've lost every 8 day break this year bar one and that was at home.

It's all mental though and I'm sure enjoying the win for a couple of days isn't a horrible thing, sore bodies shall recover etc.

St Kilda has the 8 day break as well. So it cancels itself out. Beside we ll be there Friday. Most important thing is to start well and pressure, not like against Bulldogs with open gameplan.

Very interesting comments regarding Mundy v McCarthy with regards to pure numbers.

Anyone at the game would straight away disagree with just pure numbers pointing to equal output.

Mundy often led down the middle and was rarely used. Either by choice or as a decoy. This created space behind him where our smalls ran into.

McCarthy doesn’t have this sort of work ethic.

I said the same thing to a mate about Mundy in that we may as well of had McCarthy out there. It then became increasingly obvious the difference in the 2.

I also have no doubt Mundy was/ is sore.

Cam is a no for me. Schulz is a lot better, quicker and his pressure is immense. He ll grow into it. Cam offers nothing defensively, isn’t quick, goes missing for large periods.
I want Lobb/Darcy/Sandi. Need to dine on their defence. They will he looking for intercept marks by Carlisle. Banfield probably make way. Keep the mosquito fleet but with Lobb and Darcy deep forward.
This is a weird one isnt it?

Cam does offer very little defensively.

Offensively, he offers something on a good day though.

Cam McCarthy will either get his 10 disposals and not harm the scoresheet or get his 10 disposals and kick 3-4 goals.

Schulz hasnt been too bad.

Its strange as the only experienced tall forward not injured, if you call him that is Cam.

Very interesting comments regarding Mundy v McCarthy with regards to pure numbers.

Anyone at the game would straight away disagree with just pure numbers pointing to equal output.

Mundy often led down the middle and was rarely used. Either by choice or as a decoy. This created space behind him where our smalls ran into.

I said the same thing to a mate about Mundy in that we may as well of had McCarthy out there. It then became increasingly obvious the difference in the 2.

Mundy is silky and McCarthy wouldn’t score that left footer. He runs the lines better and has a better understanding. He’s stronger and held off his opponent. McCarthy often gets beaten 1on1. That’s telling tbh. Probably needs to work on that. Not lose easily in aerial battle and if he can’t, at least split the contest.
If the midfield needs a chop out, Mundy is a great addition. Thankfully he wasn’t needed in the middle all game.

Mundy stayed deeper than McCarthy does. Mundy also ran less than McCarthy but was often in better sports. McCarthy often runs to places where ball carrier does want to kick.

Mundy stayed deeper than McCarthy does. Mundy also ran less than McCarthy but was often in better sports. McCarthy often runs to places where ball carrier does want to kick.
I think it was part of our forward set up to have Mundy or big Sean really deep. It created space in the forward 50 and our little guys took quite a few marks.

I really do not know how we go in this game. Mundy is a funny one. It is all good saying he played a good decoy role and this and that, but you could say the same thing about McCarthy for most matches! You can look at the upside in Schultz with 12 touches and 3 tackles, saying that he had a game high 5 clangers. In a good win everyone looks ok. The week before Ballas had 14 touches and 2 clangers, and in a loss it was a very average performance. I am not saying to bring back Ballas.

I do not know. Every game is a final now. I am certain we need a target up forward apart from Darcy or Sandi rotating through. We need Fyfe in the middle and the talk of him playing as a key forward is not the answer. He rotates through but he is a clearance beast, and that was glorious to watch with Sandi.

Lobb will not be tackling at all, so that is the risk there. McCarthy suffers the same problem Mundy did, in he works hard and leads a lot, however our delivery in the forward line can be atrocious.

Happy to wait and see. I thought the team we put up against Geelong had no chance, however it somehow worked, so I will be interested, and back the call of our coaches!

We need Mundy in the middle against the Saints. Steele will tag Fyfe. I was glad to see McCarthy upped his performance at Peel so hopefully he gets a look in even if he touches it only 7 times he probably jags 2 goals..

We need Mundy in the middle against the Saints. Steele will tag Fyfe. I was glad to see McCarthy upped his performance at Peel so hopefully he gets a look in even if he touches it only 7 times he probably jags 2 goals..
No mundy wont go into the middle hes sore.

I reckon Geelong did their best to quell Fyfe. It didn’t work.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For Fyfe to be fully effective he really does need the physical support from teammates without that being a primary focus in their own roles.
Rowan Marshall has been excellent for the Saints and mobile...we will need to nullify his around the ground work. No Lobb so who?

I liked the way RTB stuck fat with Mundy & left him forward, even if he was sore. Mundys 7 touches & 2 goals is always a better option than Dardy, only because Mundy can go into the midfield if required. Darcy can only go to the bench like 2 weeks before.
With no tall forwards, the mosquito fleet is the only way forward for the moment & allows less predictable entries for the opposition to defend. Hopefully there are some lightbulb moments for the coaching staff, particularly when Tabs, Lobb, Hogan come back in & the bombs away approach is the last option.
If Mundy can stay forward, then Dardy stays any Peel for me.
I mentioned it before, but Richmond won a flag with one tall forward.

Tell you what, we win this week and it gets pretty damn interesting.

With Essendons injuries, we'll start favourites at home.

Could be a mouth-watering do or die with Port in the last round.

If we bring the intensity from the weekend we'll win our next two games and have a shot at Port, depending on which Port turns up

I really do not know how we go in this game. Mundy is a funny one. It is all good saying he played a good decoy role and this and that, but you could say the same thing about McCarthy for most matches! You can look at the upside in Schultz with 12 touches and 3 tackles, saying that he had a game high 5 clangers. In a good win everyone looks ok. The week before Ballas had 14 touches and 2 clangers, and in a loss it was a very average performance. I am not saying to bring back Ballas.

I do not know. Every game is a final now. I am certain we need a target up forward apart from Darcy or Sandi rotating through. We need Fyfe in the middle and the talk of him playing as a key forward is not the answer. He rotates through but he is a clearance beast, and that was glorious to watch with Sandi.

Lobb will not be tackling at all, so that is the risk there. McCarthy suffers the same problem Mundy did, in he works hard and leads a lot, however our delivery in the forward line can be atrocious.

Happy to wait and see. I thought the team we put up against Geelong had no chance, however it somehow worked, so I will be interested, and back the call of our coaches!
Lobb had surgery he won’t play again

If we bring the intensity from the weekend we'll win our next two games and have a shot at Port, depending on which Port turns up

Thats what I mean about a win gives confidence - Snuff is a believer again in the unimaginable - 7 wins and we hold the Prem Cup. Can be done...I believe ....hahaha

Don't do it to yourself man. One week at a time and all that...

You could be talking about Freo or Port

Port supporter: "If we bring the intensity from the weekend we'll win our next two games and have a shot at Freo, depending on which Freo turns up"

Petty good Saints names waiting to come back in incl Newnes and Steven. Not as confident with this game as the Cats at home last week.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back