Prediction Changes: Round 22 Vs West Coast + pre-match discussion (DERBY TIME)

Remove this Banner Ad

Can’t play Meek in this type of weather. Darcy will be fine handling Nic Nat and Williams on his own. WCE is basically playing a man down with him in their side. Watched their game against GC and he was useless.

Can’t play Meek in this type of weather. Darcy will be fine handling Nic Nat and Williams on his own. WCE is basically playing a man down with him in their side. Watched their game against GC and he was useless.
I could see them just plugging in Banfield for this game, with the expectation Fyfe will be back next week.

I'd prefer to give Treacy a go but I doubt it'll happen.

As long as we win, I don't really mind too much. Percentage means nothing thanks to our draw (unless there is anothe draw with some of the teams around us) so we may as well go for four points, as bruise free as we can and get some experience in to players in unfamilar positions so we can have some more flexibility for the finals

I could see them just plugging in Banfield for this game, with the expectation Fyfe will be back next week.

I'd prefer to give Treacy a go but I doubt it'll happen.

To be honest whether we like it or not, banfield is good for between 1-4 goals a game. And has played most of the year. Crazy not to bring him in.

And swifter is by far our best defensive pressure small forward. I think with Tabs going out Banfield and Switta should be the only changes

However I would not be upset if they bought Cyclone in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To be honest whether we like it or not, banfield is good for between 1-4 goals a game. And has played most of the year. Crazy not to bring him in.

And swifter is by far our best defensive pressure small forward. I think with Tabs going out Banfield and Switta should be the only changes

However I would not be upset if they bought Cyclone in

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'm a reformed Banfield delister, he's improved a lot this season.

But why I want Treacy is for structural reasons, he'll compete more for the kick down the line or forward.
With Switta presumably coming back in I think what the team needs is someone else who can be a target.

I hope West Coast view this as their grand final and go as hard as they can.

Our Boys need to start getting used to the pressure ramping up. Two light and easy games vs WC and GWS will be the worst prep possible for our first final in years.
Conversely, 2 games were we are miles on top, win by 60+ points and kick 18+ goals is great for confidence, as it shows the guys that the systems work...
But I get your point about pressure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unlike Acres, Tabs and whoever else, Switta seems to be able to impact games the first time coming back from injury, so I’d just play the campaigner

Well the eagles won't even give a stuff.

Funny thing was i didn't care when we lost to them from 2016-2020. We all knew Freo were struggling.

To me that 11 game fluke derby streak was a fluke between 2015-2021.

Should of beaten them at least twice in that period.

You look back to that Freo derby win in early 2015 only 4 guys made it to our next derby win at the end of 2021 : Nathan Fyfe, Michael Walters, Matt Taberner and David Mundy .

Fyfe and Walters didn't play in our 2021 derby win. Both were injured. I was happy Freo had 21 new players getting their 1st win vs the eagles on dockers colours.

I hope we don't go through another losing streak of that again.

Losing to the eagles for 10 derbies in a row was bad. It was also worse that the streak should of been broken at least twice as I previously said.
What 2 derbies should we have won.

The opening one at Optus in 2018 was a missed opportunity.

I can't recall another one we got close though.

What 2 derbies should we have won.

The opening one at Optus in 2018 was a missed opportunity.

I can't recall another one we got close though.
The last derby in Subiaco in 2017. West coast won 11.8.74 to 5.14.44.

Just sprayed our shots.

Also round 4 of 2019.

West coast won 10.9.69 to freos 7.14.58.

3 quarter time score was 8.5.53 to freos 4.12.36.

Horrible Freo kicked 1.9.15 at half time

Last edited:
On more pressing matters will Gaff getting booed again this week.
I know the more reasonable people will say let it go, but I will never let it go, it was the most outrageous act of thuggery ever seen on a footy field to a teenager. I will be at the airport on the day he leaves to return to Vic to make sure he gets his final boooing as well.

Conversely, 2 games were we are miles on top, win by 60+ points and kick 18+ goals is great for confidence, as it shows the guys that the systems work...
But I get your point about pressure.
Absolutely about HOW we play. Hopefully these games are a chance to really tune-up, however the opposition turns up. If the WC and Giants are up and down in the games, all the better as it might allow us to get our game going, while being tested at times as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back