Unofficial Preview Changes - Round 23 Lions v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Also there is a fair chance we finish 16th not 17th. We just need to gain 120 points or so on GC which is not completely unreasonable. I can see us beating North with all their outs by 50 and Port flat tracking GC by 70.

Could we do a shocker and promote Eagles, since Skinner can be put on the LTI list now? Sneak him in for a game down back in the big time? Or Promote McInerney as reward for his outstanding season so far?

Could we do a shocker and promote Eagles, since Skinner can be put on the LTI list now? Sneak him in for a game down back in the big time? Or Promote McInerney as reward for his outstanding season so far?
Not looking like the week to play 2 rucks... play whoever helps us get the win

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schache only touched the footy 4 times on the weekend in the neafl. He needs to do a lot more than that to warrant selection I reckon
He had a similar game against GWS last time we played them in the Neafl.
There were people at that game who were saying that he seemed to be playing a diversion type role drawing their best key defender (Tim Mohr) away from the play to nullify his influence.
I wonder if he was playing a similar role this week.

He had a similar game against GWS last time we played them in the Neafl.
There were people at that game who were saying that he seemed to be playing a diversion type role drawing their best key defender (Tim Mohr) away from the play to nullify his influence.
I wonder if he was playing a similar role this week.

Was not the case at all last week vs. Gws.

Anyone watched the injury update and can give me an update on Berry?
Berry doubtful at best. Can't see why we'd risk him.
Interesting that Jack Frost had concussion related symptoms and won't play again this year. Sounds similar to Clarke. Not good.

Berry doubtful at best. Can't see why we'd risk him.
Interesting that Jack Frost had concussion related symptoms and won't play again this year. Sounds similar to Clarke. Not good.
Hopefully the Frost bashing that has gone on will cease,and some more thoughtful comment on the Neafl boys takes place at what will be a tough and insecure time for quite a few.

In the Mix: Who's a chance for Round 23?
Lions - With the team in such good form over recent weeks, it's hard to see too many changes for the wooden spoon battle against North Melbourne on Saturday.

Impressive first-year midfielder Jarrod Berry has a nagging foot problem that has kept him out the past two weeks the Club is hoping he might be able to overcome. If Berry does return, it will be hard for Chris Fagan to find someone to omit. Claye Beams appears the most likely, but he has been solid the past two weeks.

North Melbourne - It's anyone's guess who makes the Roos' 22 for the all-important clash with the Brisbane Lions, with a mounting injury list and all sorts of 50-50 scenarios.

Jarrad Waite (calf) should go close to playing his 11th game of the year after missing the past three rounds. But it seems unlikely North would risk Mason Wood (calf) or Corey Wagner (ankle), who haven't played since rounds 15 and 17, respectively.

There is also varied doubts about Aaron Mullett (calf), Todd Goldstein (scratched eyeball/knee), Jack Ziebell (foot), Dan Nielson (concussion), Braydon Preuss (shoulder), Cam Zurhaar (back) and first-year draftees Nick Larkey and Josh Williams.

Any opportunities that open may go to second-year swingman Ben McKay – who is yet to make his debut, but has impressed in the VFL – and midfielder Jed Anderson.

Could veterans Lachie Hansen and Lindsay Thomas get a look in? Coach Brad Scott said last week he was not considering handing out farewell games.

Also there is a fair chance we finish 16th not 17th. We just need to gain 120 points or so on GC which is not completely unreasonable. I can see us beating North with all their outs by 50 and Port flat tracking GC by 70.

I'll be there on Saturday cheering for the win so we don't get the spoon but not for any result to put us above GC. We are improved but we are still one of the worst sides and deserve all the help we can get.

Port somehow getting smashed would be the best result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back