Preview Changes round 23 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Numbers wise JJ was doing ok, but plays very safe and quite slow with decision making etc. Maybe Gus goes back to the wing? Or they rotate a couple through there (Hunt for run? Salem, ANB maybe?)

Felt like we got stuck on JJs wing a fair bit last week and it did slow us down and made us look pretty predictable. Agreed, you would think Gus back to the wing, or Hunt.

I would think so as well, he has a lot of footy brains and I think they can maximise his value on the wing.
I think it helps our defence with Brayshaw on the wing.
I think it allows our defenders more latitude in leaving their home base, somewhat. Brayshaw drops back in a timely way, on a regular basis; for the intercept mark, or the heavy spoil of the pack.

It means we can play 6 defenders, plus Brayshaw's smarts, reading the play. I think it's Brays best possy.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surprised we didn't forget him at the airport after the Grand Final last year.
netslave Can you please shop up a Home Alone Lost in Perth with James Jordon for me.

Sparrow very lucky to not just be straight swapped for Harmes.

Harmes to Neale and then flick the attacking switch I say. Back the midfielders to win it cleanly and back our defence to hold up better in an attacking game, particularly if Gus goes to wing or defence. Look for Spargo around HF and maybe even push Brown up there too - he's not bad putting into the F50. Get Melk and Fritta on the lead and 1v1 as much as possible.

Then have the maturity to know when to slow back to the ol' Melbourne DNA defensive slog if they start to get a run on.

*, I should be a (s**t) coach.

G’day Dees fans,

Both sides very close to full strength so should be a cracker.

Re Melksham, is his defensive role generally a tall or creative type? I saw someone say he would play on Andrews. Saints put a hard tag on Coleman who is a Salem-type so thought that might be an option…

G’day Dees fans,

Both sides very close to full strength so should be a cracker.

Re Melksham, is his defensive role generally a tall or creative type? I saw someone say he would play on Andrews. Saints put a hard tag on Coleman who is a Salem-type so thought that might be an option…
Tends to be taller types (recently Weitering, Moore and Allir), so will almost certainly go to Andrews.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back