Preview Changes: Round 23 v West Coast - Walker and Talia OUT

Remove this Banner Ad

You aren't making any sense. Your original post stated "Cameron's intensity in finals compared to Menzel is polar opposite". You were comparing Menzel in finals to Cameron in finals. You can't make that comparison because Menzel has a grand total of 23% TOG in a single final as the sub and a 7th gamer. Charlie Cameron has played four full finals matches. Making a comparison between Cameron and Wigg, or Menzel and Wigg, also makes no sense for the same reasons.

I don't know. Haven't seen enough of Menzel in finals to make that assessment. What I do know is Cameron's current form is awful and I doubt he'll do anything in finals unless he has a monumental turnaround.
Menzel couldn't tie Cameron's boot lace

Righto - I'm backing him to make a fool of you and Menzel to struggle to put an AFL career , evidence is on my side

I'm not suggesting Menzel will have an awesome career, jury is well and truly out on that one. But a) there is no point comparing Cameron's finals record to Menzel's; and b) Cameron is horribly out of form and unlikely to do much good for us in finals this year

Righto - I'm backing him to make a fool of you and Menzel to struggle to put an AFL career , evidence is on my side

Can I back Charlie to make a fool out of Scorpus and Menzel to make a fool of you ;)

CC well ahead. Has runs on the board. People are quick to forget his first couple of months. Menzel has done nothing to really support my confidence in him, but I just think he tries his guts out now. Just needs to string some high quality games together to get some confidence and think his natural talent will take him the rest of the way.

Jeez I want everyone to relax on Cameron , built for high intensity finals
Trust me - he I'll be fine and we should worry about others before him
I'd love for Cameron to succeed. I want to see him tear it up as he's shown us that he can. I want him to burst through the middle after a couple of bounces then nail a leading forward on the chest and kick a bunch of goals, even 2/game --- but he doesn't and he hasn't, not for several weeks now.
To compound things, his accuracy from set shots is the worst in the team @ 42% and kicked 1 goal in the last 4 games. That makes him a liability, not an asset. Better hope that if we have to win a final from the last kick, of all our forwards Cameron is not the one taking the shot.
In high intensity finals, I'd like to see our blokes kicking goals from 25-35 metres out. Cameron hasn't, lately, and that is poor form.
I'm genuinely curious --- why/how will he "be fine"? Whom should we worry more about? On present form, and I've quoted Pyke in a previous post as saying that he picks his best side on form, who would you drop before Cameron, and why? I want to add that I'm not trying to be smart or provocative. I'd really like to know.
Atkins had a poor game last week in that he delivered poorly, burned the ball, but was really good before that. Even Mackay has lifted his game in the last 4-5 weeks.

Cameron has been seven shades of shite in recent months. Coasting on a gold pass. A lot of faith shown. Will need to repay it or should make way before he's a liability when it counts.

Does seem like he's checked out

If he had to kick that clutch goal against the bulldogs now I would be shitting bricks
Yeah, was thinking same.
The problem allied to that is the effect/s his goal-kicking yips might have on his teammates
--- in terms of morale ie it takes a fair bit of work to set Cameron up for a shot 25-35m out and can be deflating when he misses (but true of all such missed goals, not just Cameron) and also
--- might affect decision-making ie whether to kick to CC 35m out, or say Jenkins 45-50m out?
The stand-out poor form of one player must affect those around him.

I was thinking about this, too:
CC well ahead. Has runs on the board. People are quick to forget his first couple of months.
Yes, well ahead of Menzel and Milera one would think, but you're talking about form that is more than 2 months old.
We've all seen what Cameron is capable of, but he has not produced it in his last 4 games. How many such games can he be carried for in the hope that he plays a blinder? That was true of Mackay back in May/June too, when many were calling for him to be dropped for similar reasons.
Maybe all the speculation, true or not, about CC going back to Qld has got to him and affected his on-field performances ...? o_O
Whatever it is, the Cameron of those "first couple of months" hasn't been seen for a while ... and I repeat I'd love to see him turn it on again, hopefully tomorrow!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking about this, too:

Yes, well ahead of Menzel and Milera one would think, but you're talking about form that is more than 2 months old.
We've all seen what Cameron is capable of, but he has not produced it in his last 4 games. How many such games can he be carried for in the hope that he plays a blinder? That was true of Mackay back in May/June too, when many were calling for him to be dropped for similar reasons.
Maybe all the speculation, true or not, about CC going back to Qld has got to him and affected his on-field performances ...? o_O
Whatever it is, the Cameron of those "first couple of months" hasn't been seen for a while ... and I repeat I'd love to see him turn it on again, hopefully tomorrow!
All Cameron needs to do is turn those near-misses into goals. He also kicked a poster last weekend, so hopefully a turnaround isn't too far away. His defensive and tackling pressure is still first rate. This weekend should determine whether he stays for the Finals or makes way for the other incomers.

Can I back Charlie to make a fool out of Scorpus and Menzel to make a fool of you ;)

CC well ahead. Has runs on the board. People are quick to forget his first couple of months. Menzel has done nothing to really support my confidence in him, but I just think he tries his guts out now. Just needs to string some high quality games together to get some confidence and think his natural talent will take him the rest of the way.

CC does have credits by he has clearly used them up

Can't be carrying a player that has been out of form for some time into finals

If he doesn't put it on the park today he should be dropped

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

No it isn't. His SANFL form has hardly warranted a recall. He's been selected purely on potential.

I'll eat my words if he comes good, but I want players in good form in the seniors at this point. He and Cameron shouldn't be playing this week.
I agree with you on form but reject that the reason is because of the draft pick from c
Cameron has been seven shades of shite in recent months. Coasting on a gold pass. A lot of faith shown. Will need to repay it or should make way before he's a liability when it counts.

Does seem like he's checked out
we should have dropped him 4 games ago so he could find some touch . His X factor is really valuable when he's on but lately it's been missing.

The most interesting thing about this game won't be the result, but how we react to the result. We've deliberately rested 3 key players with basically nothing on the line, and West Coast have a lot to play for.

If we lose, just keep in mind that Sydney lost their last two games in 2012 and went on to win the flag. Our planning and management is clearly on the Qualifying Final, as it should be.

Lots of run added to the side Milera, Seedsman, Rat, Cameron, Rat and DMac all fighting it out to play in the Aualifing final

Lots of run added to the side Milera, Seedsman, Rat, Cameron, Rat and DMac all fighting it out to play in the Aualifing final
I feel the inclusion of two wingers when Rat, Charles and DMack are our 3 most talked about under-performers means this is really an audition game, and may decide who plays finals.

I just realized this is exactly what you just said.

I think the moon boot doesn't tell us anything other than Tex having a foot injury, and they're maximising his recovery with the moon boot. Though if he can play the whole game against Sydney and walk off the ground without hobbling, I don't think Tex's foot injury is a real serious one. Certainly, if a minor foot injury, I doubt it if there should be any concerns for Tex to return for the Finals, hopefully fit and firing (we want the mongrel Tex)!

He re-tweaked it at training.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back