Preview Changes: Round 3 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

Coaches love Hannan and they especially love rushing him back after injury.

Very interesting forwardline, that.

VDB can play tall and bring the ball to ground. I guess Smith can switch forward and run and jump at it.

Keen for Kozzie and Bennell (after his warm up game) to swoop on those ground balls inside 50

* the dons. Dees by 50

Hannan can take a big mark. AVB can play on whoever the * he likes and make em s**t. Fritta is a good mark. got the original spud mac down there as well. Got plenty of pressure in the air and ground

Sure, but when we got a perfectly good player in Petty out of it who wouldn't be out of place as a first round pick I'd happily give up another for a 22yo Lever, I just don't understand why everyone's so upset.
Fair enough, can’t agree with you on Petty at best he has shown glimpses as a forward, long way to go before he is even a regular let alone considered a good player but he has time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hurley, Hooker and Francis are all tall and capable intercept marking players, if we bomb wildly (let's face it we probably will) they could kill us. TMac please stop the Chris Dawes impression it's not funny anymore.

as long as AVB and TMac take a body and Fritta and Hannan dont try to wrestle and fly then we'll be alright. Rather have mid size markers over tall spuds who do * all in the air then stand still on the ground

Don't dislike the changes but it seems a lot of trust is being placed on TMac to do his job, which hasn't been the case for a while. I'd have Weid in there for Hannan, but obviously Weid ran over Goodys dog and is only good as a cheer squad.
images.jpeg
Not really relevant but I find it odd we only play Essendon once a year in recent history.
Between 11-18 all games were Essendon home games not that it matters because some have been at the g. Anyway the past 10 go like this.
2010 home hame at the g bombers kick the last 6 to lose by 18 points.
2011 the week after being called bruise free.
2012 an upset victory after we started the season 0-9. Neelds first win as coach, garland played forward.
2013 the unforgivable 148 point loss.
2014 salem goal after the siren.
2015 both teams were average hurley killed us to memory.
2016 rd 2 after beating gws we lost to a top up Essendon team. Daniher dominated lucky I went to the storm game.
2017 scrappy first half from both teams we broke away after half time.
2018 much the same as 2017 with that Essendon supporter flog yelling at gawn.
2019 - probably the most unaccountable football you'll ever see (from both teams.)

Smith is lucky.

Has a slight feel of 2019 bringing in underdone players, but i have faith in Burgo knowing who is ready. They are saying Jones has some niggles, possibly to save face, so hopefully they aren't stuffing around with unfit players.

Weid really must be poor on the track. He has shown ability to tackle, lead up and he has a uncomplicated kicking style. Consistency obviously the issue but he isnt inspiring faith in the coaches to let him gain it.

Feeling alot more positive about the team with the changes, 3 players being used out of position for 3 forwards. Hannan and Kosi smart around goals and AVB just a wrecking ball. Front 6 will look a heap better.

I like the changes on paper too, but I'm a nervous wreck about having so many underdone/first up/injury prone players in the team at once. Wouldn't surprise me if we had two on the bench and out of the game by half time honestly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back