Preview Changes: Round 3 v Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Smith actually had a pretty good first half but some of the free kicks he gave away with dumb attempts to mark, not to mention crashing packs and only cleaning up his own players for the entirety of the second half , absolutely comical šŸ˜‚

Can't help but feel he was only kept on the list so he didn't sue the club for neglect after last year's JLT debacle.

I agree. Didn't have much of an impact but showed glimpses, which is effectively all Weideman has done his entire career bar one game. Think Petty has shown more as a forward in his limited games.

I agree he needs to get 2-3 so Iā€™m not saying drop him Iā€™m just saying he will certainly not learn to play the game and become a good footballer with us. You see this all the time in the business world when M&A doesnā€™t work because the acquiring company didnā€™t understand what it was good at and what it would be adding the the company it acquired and just *s it up

Im not saying he canā€™t be awesome, but itā€™s clear heā€™s not a natural and needs development . Itā€™s the MFC thatā€™s the problem

Hereā€™s what I think after watching only the first half of the highlights clip :)

Jackson will never do anything at our club, we canā€™t develop players so shouldnā€™t have drafted a project player - ridiculous waste of a pick for the MFC. Good pick for a club that can develop talent. New rule: We can only draft ready made players

Jones is finished and a legend though he is shouldnā€™t be getting a gane

May is crap and even when he isnā€™t fat heā€™s fat on the inside - delist. Better than hogan but only just

Iā€™d also like Goodwin to get a mystery illness so we can get someone who might actually react in game

like couldnā€™t we have a simple rule- if they get 3 in a row we slow it down and play possession football
I agree with your sentiments but a bit harsh on a first gamer. Yes he could have held a few of those marks, but if he did I reckon most people would have been reasonably impressed.

Agree with saj on the Jackson calls. Yes he was a step slow yesterday but it's his first game ffs and he's an 18yo ruck, most teams arent dumb enough to play a guy who isn't ready yet but we are. May as well play him for a few in a row now that we have already gifted him a game.
I'd play him against Essendon and then leave him out against Geelong. Their talls will flog him at the cattery. We need someone like weid who can bring the ball to ground.

Out: Smith, Brayshaw
In: Lockhart, Kozzi

With Daniher not playing, May can take McKernan and Lever can play off Townsend. No need to bring in OMac as far as I can see.

Harmes is the only one that can go with Stringer, and Jones should be given a shut down role on Devon Smith. With the shortened quarters, there's no reason why he can't go with him for the full match.

Brayshaw has shown no improvement. He's still turning the ball over because he's always in such a rush to get rid of it. If he were a rookie in his last year of his contract, instead of a high pick on a nice four year contract, he wouldn't even be getting a game based on his performance.

Would drop TMac before Jackson, at least Jackson brought it to the ground most times, TMac struggles to even do that.

If they want him in form they need to get him behind the ball getting some touches. We would be better off playing a small forward line and have Trac and Fritsch rotate as the deepest forward. Play one of Jackson, Brown or Weid to give Gawn a chop out where necessary and then just play with speed up forward.

Funnily enough we're short favourites against Essendon, can't believe everyone still hasn't realised what a mess we are, betting against the dees last season was free money most weeks.

Smith should probably make way for Hibberd.
ANB or Hunt for Kossie.
Leave Jackson in, thought he showed something in his first match.

I'd play him against Essendon and then leave him out against Geelong. Their talls will flog him at the cattery. We need someone like weid who can bring the ball to ground.

Luckily we're playing Geelong at the MCG.

We are playing at the mcgery not cattery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe bring in Bradke then

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

What does it even matter at this point? šŸ™

Talking about replacing Jackson with OMac, Bradtke or Pruess. God help us. This reminds me of the days when changes discussion was about bringing in Magner with Bail. * me we are in trouble.

Doubt weā€™ll see bulk changes after we made 7 from the round 1 side.

Iā€™d actually drop Jones before ANB or Hunt but that wonā€™t happen.

I thought Smith actually had a pretty good first half but some of the free kicks he gave away with dumb attempts to mark, not to mention crashing packs and only cleaning up his own players for the entirety of the second half , absolutely comical šŸ˜‚

THANK YOU IT COST US ABOUT 4 GOALS WITH THIS BULLSHIT EVERYONE JUMPING AT THE HIGH BALL IN D50 s**t HOW THE * HAVE WE STILL NOT LEARNED NOT TO DO THIS

In: Weideman
Out: J Smith

Put Tmac in defence for a few weeks to see if he can get his confidence back, and we might even find we are better off with him down there anyway. That way Tmac and May play the lock down tall roles and Lever can do what he does best by intercepting and positioning to slow down opposition ball movement.

It's seemed Goodwin wanted Joel Smith or 'whichever player is being experimented in defence this week' to do the intercepting, yet Lever was one of the best in the league, until he came to us.

Drop Smith and bring in Weideman to play key forward, would be interesting to see what happens without Tmac there, might even allow Melk to come more into the game. Weideman will at least fly for his marks, he drops more than he should but our small forwards ought to realise this is more constructive than a currently non existent Tmac.

THANK YOU IT COST US ABOUT 4 GOALS WITH THIS BULLSHIT EVERYONE JUMPING AT THE HIGH BALL IN D50 s**t HOW THE fu** HAVE WE STILL NOT LEARNED NOT TO DO THIS

Yea, ******* useless.

Meanwhile, at the other end of the ground. Speaking of completely comical. I know we all hate the long bombs forward but my god, it's unfathomable how often we are out marked by the opposition. Our forwards are completely useless. Can't even bring the ball to ground and halve a contest anymore. Pathetic.

THANK YOU IT COST US ABOUT 4 GOALS WITH THIS BULLSHIT EVERYONE JUMPING AT THE HIGH BALL IN D50 s**t HOW THE fu** HAVE WE STILL NOT LEARNED NOT TO DO THIS
Definitely. ANB and Hunt weren't great all game but when we were winning the ball and they were getting the opportunity in the first half they did what they needed to. Jones butchered every kick into inside 50 like he often does. He lowers the eyes and kicks it straight to the opposition. The forwards should be leading to the spot he kicks it to, but if they aren't he just kicks it there anyway.

Smith was atrocious. Thinks he is Howe trying to take speccies in defence and knocking all his teammates out of the way. May and Lever being on field "leaders" has still not fixed this. I wish we had a better alternative than Omac but at least he defends the goal square, even if its pretty ineffectual most of the time.

Nothing to do with changes but just on the long bombs inside 50. Forwards in particular Fritsch need to take some responsibility here and now when to lead up the kicker or try and get out the back. The only time fritta leas up was the opening minute of the game the rest of the time her tried to get it out the back.

One instance in the 3rd quarter melksham makes and handballs to Jones (poor choice to start with) but the fritta leads out the back to his left instead of leading on a 45 to allow jones to kick it to advantage. Fritta forced jones to try and impossible 55m hook kick on his left.

TMac is just as bad to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back