Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I didn't see anything wrong with Draper's game. The first half was a defender's nightmare because of lack of pressure in the midfield so the ball was coming in too fast. After half time the whole backline looked much better.. Re Tabs yes he kicked 2 goals but he also clutters Amiss's line a few times. And if he hadn't maybe Amiss might have had a few more. I would like to see Voss but it really depends on Adelaide's defence. Which I don't know enough about but maybe Tabs is a better match up. I am happy to leave it to the MC but hopefully they at least consider Voss.

I was wondering this about Tabs. Can anyone at the game confirm if Tabs was getting in Amiss’ way? It’s hard to tell from tv

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t make changes. You could consider Ras for JOM so that JOM gets a full game under his belt at Peel. Brodie didn’t play yesterday so he could also do with a full game.

Ras back to sub. He was named as one of the best players for Peel. Also Hugh Davies as an emergency because he was named one of the best.

Those match-ups mentioned of APearce on the Texan, Ryan on Fogerty and Draper in Burger is exactly how I’d roll.

Voss and JOM the other two in 26. All 26 can be held over given a Fri evening game and Peel play East Fremantle on Sat.

Fyfe shouldn’t be rested unless injured and Brodie can be the sub for cover. Everyone else the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide supporters seem very low on confidence going into this and on the team in general. I can't say that fills me with confidence, I reckon Adelaide can and will give us a run.

I think they are a bit like us last year. A few of there older guys are out of form, a few key injuries.

Walker is a shell of how he played last year. Tilthorpe is injured. Midfield is losing the battle, and 1 or 2 out of the backline.

I think they are a bit like us last year. A few of there older guys are out of form, a few key injuries.

Walker is a shell of how he played last year. Tilthorpe is injured. Midfield is losing the battle, and 1 or 2 out of the backline.

I reckon Adelaide have one of the best forward lines in the comp, but no midfield and no backline. Geelong (who have the best forward line) also have no midfield but beat Adelaide because they have a better defence or more precisely, Tom Stewart. Our midfield should chop up Adelaide and hopefully the ball will spend most of the game in our forward line and their average defence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I reckon Adelaide have one of the best forward lines in the comp, but no midfield and no backline. Geelong (who have the best forward line) also have no midfield but beat Adelaide because they have a better defence or more precisely, Tom Stewart. Our midfield should chop up Adelaide and hopefully the ball will spend most of the game in our forward line and their average defence

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Walker looks slow this year, maybe playing injured. . Thilthorp is out. Fogarty can't step up.

Walker was huge last year.

Should we go easy on Walker seeing it's his first AFL game after an extended break from serious injury?
Ive just watched the game a second time. Walker was really good.

Maybe he was a bit tentative in two contests early on, which is totally understandable. Once he smashed his bandaged knee into the fence, hobbled back on to the ground and found it was all still intact, he really seemed to hit his straps and seemed to gain confidence in it. He had multiple eye catching runs and earned three courageous free kicks in the third quarter which helped us turn the game. Cant recall a direct time he was beaten man on man.

I was there at the G for his horror show against the Pies, so I know what he can be like when he plays a mare but when he plays good we should at least acknowledge it. In fact I would go so far to say this was one of his best games and I`m much more bullish on him than I was last time I saw him play.

Hes a lock for next week and I suspect may be hard to remove going forward. Good on him too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back