Prediction Changes: Round 3 Vs Cartlon + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Think Fyfes role last week would be the same thing, mobile link man. His tackling and kicking would arguably be better than Fyfes anyway, don’t think you lose any mobility. Giro out, Freddy more wing, Walters to the forwardline

Fyfe's mobility and ball winning ability very much makes up for anything that Treacy is better at though.

Young Josh deserves a debut but in his first game will come in a crash a few packs and kick a few goals but anything else being expected from him (including link up play) is too early and not fair on him imo.

Freddy also was a bit of a missing link in our forward line last week. Worked hard presenting. I don't know why we'd want to take Freddy up to a wing so we can make sure Treacy gets a game.

Fyfe's mobility and ball winning ability very much makes up for anything that Treacy is better at though.

Young Josh deserves a debut but in his first game will come in a crash a few packs and kick a few goals but anything else being expected from him (including link up play) is too early and not fair on him imo.

Freddy also was a bit of a missing link in our forward line last week. Worked hard presenting. I don't know why we'd want to take Freddy up to a wing so we can make sure Treacy gets a game.
Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’ll be nothing on Fyfe but the structure is a lot more like for like then Fyfe of Walters. Would argue we are better team with Freddy getting Giro wing minutes

We’ll regret not bringing in Treacy. I agree with other posters, why not be proactive and bring in a tall who kicks straight regardless of last weeks result.
I agree with ya because we will be playing 3 talls in the future. Jlo said his game plan was to rely on a 'system' and not specific players. If our system is three talls than Cyclone should be playing.

I hope Treacy delivers in the future because people sure are placing a mountain of expectation on him. If we lose it's not because Sturt and Treacy didn't play, we're just not there yet all over the ground.
Not kidding.

I’m having visions of burning cardboard cut outs of J-Lo and the match committee because the chosen one Treacy hasn’t been picked this weekend.

I didn’t expect him to be picked this weekend but he will get his debut very soon - possibly next week. The reasons outlined in the press conference are fine with me.

If we lose it will definitely be because Treacy didn’t play.

I swear to god that when I read your comment I immediately thought you were referring to Tim Ruffles. Thought his run of luck continued post freo

It didn’t seem to get much better, at least footy wise. I think he was a player–coach for Werribee after his reco but seemed to disappear shortly after

Oh, don’t get me wrong, he’ll be nothing on Fyfe but the structure is a lot more like for like then Fyfe of Walters. Would argue we are better team with Freddy getting Giro wing minutes

Maybe. Freddy (I'm pretty sure) had 7 i50's last week. They were leading up from the forward 50 or over the back on the wing but in a forward position. I liked the look of that and just not sure about Freddy burning himself up and down the wing including getting back defensively instead of being a guy in dangerous forward positions.

Why does everyone assume Tracy is out. Teams have not been announced.

Correct.
Just because JL says something in a presser 4 days out doesnt mean things dont change come game day.
It could all be smoke and mirrors from the club which seams to be a bit of a thing now AKA Bell.
I would expect The Big Cohuna is an emergency anyway.
Tabs has a bad back, Darcy has a bad body and has Sonny really recovered from a hammy so fast?
If Blakely and Thomas didnt travel who is the injury sub?

Correct.
Just because JL says something in a presser 4 days out doesnt mean things dont change come game day.
It could all be smoke and mirrors from the club which seams to be a bit of a thing now AKA Bell.
I would expect The Big Cohuna is an emergency anyway.
Tabs has a bad back, Darcy has a bad body and has Sonny really recovered from a hammy so fast?
If Blakely and Thomas didnt travel who is the injury sub?
Henry

Watson and Treacy travelling members

Agree with your other comment. If Darcy or Tabs don’t get up then Treacy will play.

So we go in a midfielder down compared to last week? Actually one and a half midfielders down as Fyfe has been playing more midfield than Walters who hasn't played a decent stint in the midfield for ages. Not the best way to bring a guy back from a hammy as well asking him to do more midfield time imo.
No. Walters plays forward and someone like Fred or Colyer plays Giro's role. Roles are fungible.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. Freddy (I'm pretty sure) had 7 i50's last week. They were leading up from the forward 50 or over the back on the wing but in a forward position. I liked the look of that and just not sure about Freddy burning himself up and down the wing including getting back defensively instead of being a guy in dangerous forward positions.
The guy is seriously fit. The commentators on Kayo which I assume is fox footy were banging on about how Freddy had smashed (out run) his GPS over the pre-season. Not sure what they were saying but sounds like Freddy had smashed his Personal Bests in repeat sprints and endurance.

Watching his spread on Sun was a pleasure long striding past players in i50. Rewatch that check side goal from Fyfe in Q2.

I think the lack of changes is because our connection between mid and forward week 1 was so poor. mid forward connection can be a fickle thing. jlo must seek to preserve the mid forward connection from week 2. jlo i think will make changes once its consistent.

I never believe who is in the final 22, until they run onto the ground.

JLo could be holding his cards, close to his chest.
Yeah spot on, JLo said only one change at his presser (Walters for Fyfe) but there's two extra spots need to be filled given Blakley played for Peel yesterday. One of either Treacy, Henry or Watson have to come in, at the very least as a sub.
I doubt they would start a debutante as a sub (well I'd hope not!) so it's either Treacy in and maybe Coyler or Acres as sub (first choice Giro but doubt they would want him with reduced game time 2 weeks out of 3 as he subbed in R1), either that or Henry/Watson as a sub and Treacy still on the sidelines.
Either way that's two changes needed, fingers crossed it's the Big Kahuna !!

As much as I want to see Treacy thrown straight in tomorrow I'm more than happy to let him really earn his spot.
Last year he didnt play at all this year he has play a few scratchys with the big boys and had a preseason with an AFL team, not bad for a rookie that only Fremantle thought worth a shot with a late pick.
Let him catch up so he is not set up to fail.
He is not the second coming, he is a kid that looks like he has potential to be a great pick up for Freo.
Lets all allow him to grow into that potential so when he does get his call up he Cohunas the F*@k out of the opposition and kicks a ton!!

As much as I want to see Treacy thrown straight in tomorrow I'm more than happy to let him really earn his spot.
Last year he didnt play at all this year he has play a few scratchys with the big boys and had a preseason with an AFL team, not bad for a rookie that only Fremantle thought worth a shot with a late pick.
He is not the second coming, he is a kid that looks like he has potential to be a great pick up for Freo.
Lets all allow him to grow into that potential so when he does get his call up he Cohunas the F*@k out of the opposition and kicks a ton!!
If Jlo wants three talls in the forward line we should be playing that setup against Carlton. We need to test that setup to see if it works so when Lobb comes back we have polished our forward structure.

Why he Didn't play last year ?

If Jlo wants three talls in the forward line we should be playing that setup against Carlton. We need to test that setup to see if it works so when Lobb comes back we have polished our forward structure.
I would rather win games to be honest than test things

Remove this Banner Ad

Back