Prediction Changes Round 4 v 2016 GF Losers

Remove this Banner Ad

Probably no change after that performance. I was wary about the team selection against Essendon but they proved me wrong.

Lipinski would be the best chance of coming in, probably would have to be for Jong. I thought Jong was good as a marking half forward though and I’d give him another chance.

They go with Sinclair and Towers in the ruck so a second ruckman to help English is probably not a huge preference this week.

I reckon we'll go in unchanged or we'll find someone to make room for Boyd.

Every chance there's an injury to someone that we don't know about.
Boyd? Doesn't sound like he did much in the VFL again, would be massively surprised if he magically gets considered after a win. Shouldn't Roughead be right after his week off? Room will be made for him before Boyd if it's possible.

Most likely no change unless injury. Nobody deserves to get dropped.

If Roughead is fit does Bev make room for him? MAYBE Jong if it had to be someone.

Lipinski close, cross our fingers and pray Boyd improves in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully Roughy comes in if he's ready. I don't think we will lose much mobility or run with him in, gets around the ground well and can help out back or fwd if required. At one stage yesterday I thought Naughton did his hammy and knowing that would have left just Zaine and then Wood as the tall defenders was scary.

I love Jong but Roughy for Jong would be a good change IMO, I expect no change though if everyone is fit and that's fine, they earned it.

They will have to monitor the two first year players Naughton and Richards as well as
keep an eye on Tim English, they are still too raw to play every game yet even run
out a full game. Naughton should rotate with Young and Richards should rotate with
Lynch or R.Smith. I want to see more players exposed to the top level even if it
does cost us a few games. As Aretha Franklin (no relation to Lance) said you better
think, THINK.

No Rough this week for mine. Settle this structure until it stops working. We were still beaten in the middle in patches against a team that is weak in that area - it's not time yet to add another tall to the mix at the expense of another runner/mid rotation.

Either Jong goes out for Lipinski or no change, in my opinion.

Hope teams keep being picked on tactics.
Example Honey tagging role.As really has no awareness.Maybe will come like Sucklings lately.
Jong also needs more awareness.but takes marks and gives size structure..Tick for me.
I personally hate hate hate having Bont in the ruck.
Let Boyd be the battering ram.His time is now.
In Boyd (Lipinski hopefully soon)
Out Honey

Hope teams keep being picked on tactics.
Example Honey tagging role.As really has no awareness.Maybe will come like Sucklings lately.
Jong also needs more awareness.but takes marks and gives size structure..Tick for me.
I personally hate hate hate having Bont in the ruck.
Let Boyd be the battering ram.His time is now.
In Boyd (Lipinski hopefully soon)
Out Honey

Honeychurch was one of the best on the field to be honest. can't drop that

If Roughead is right then he comes in for Jong (I’d prefer Boyd but that’s not going to happen). I don’t really see what Jong offers at all right now and he’s just too big a liability with ball in hand.

A guy that can share the ruck duties and not cook English, bob up and take a mark here and there at either end of the ground whilst allowing us to not put Bont in the ruck looks far valuable than what Jong is doing.

Like others, I think Jong out for Lipinski should be the only change considered. But I'm happy to give Jong another week.

After seeing Boyd play in the VFL on the weekend, I really can't see how he could be seriously considered unless we are super desperate to get another tall in. He needs to show a bit more than he has at the lower level, and I desperately hope he does soon.

It's absolutely amazing year after year that Jong is the whipping boy.
I think it's amazing year after year that any suggestion to drop Jong or any commentary over a poor game is met with responses like these.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back