Changes Round 4 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rich listed as "Test" in the latest injury list. Along with Hinge and Paparone (would be in the NEAFL)

Is he a chance to return? Would be huge with his kicking on the MCG.

Honestly, you probably give him the extra week’s recovery as a safeguard. Especially when we’re coming off a really good showing against Port.

I for one am looking forward to Robertson/Gardiner vs Martin. Both players have been in very good form. Robertson to follow him through the middle, Gardiner running with him when he drifts forward.

Honestly, you probably give him the extra week’s recovery as a safeguard. Especially when we’re coming off a really good showing against Port.

I for one am looking forward to Robertson/Gardiner vs Martin. Both players have been in very good form. Robertson to follow him through the middle, Gardiner running with him when he drifts forward.
I would give him another week.
Let him get some confidence back in the ankle and bring him back in for GC.

yep, he got tagged out of it last week. Expect one of the robbos to go with him.

sorry for the intrusion

he didnt get "tagged out of it", he played forward the majority of the game and only had 70% time on ground compared to 86% and 87% in rounds 1 and 2 respectively

i would say he was either not feeling 100% or was carrying a little niggle as those TOG% figures dont add up and he was rarely sighted in the midfield

sorry for the intrusion

he didnt get "tagged out of it", he played forward the majority of the game and only had 70% time on ground compared to 86% and 87% in rounds 1 and 2 respectively

i would say he was either not feeling 100% or was carrying a little niggle as those TOG% figures dont add up and he was rarely sighted in the midfield

He was still BOG in the first half I’d say, setup roughly 75% of our scoring opportunities from half forward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never said I didn't rate them... just not ready yet. Need some time to develop a bit more and a stint in the reserves would do them well at this stage not only for them personally but our senior team as well.

You labeled Cox a squid said Matho has no talent. Surely that equates to not rating them..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The calls for Tom Bell to be recalled are ridiculous.Disposal horrible.Physical presence disgusting.Work below his knees terrible.Neafl for the season and move him on at seasons end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While there can be some over the top reactions by people to some posts, as mentioned before its largely not what people say when critiquing players, its how they say it and the words they use which gets most of the backlash from my observations. You don't see Quigs and others drawing the same ire that others due for pointing out peoples flaws. I'd say thats because they don't use terms like squib, no heart and giving 10% effort. They're pretty extreme words to use when describing any AFL player who regularly puts their body through not insignificant levels of pain and discomfort most days of the week of their professional lives, quite often sacrificing their future health to play the game.

I don't believe that players deserve those sort of words from someone sitting on their couch and if you're going to use that sort of language then people shouldn't be shocked that they get a reaction from it. When people use personal attacks on players with demeaning and belittling words I don't think they can sit their and complain when they get the same sort of response from others towards them. Whats the difference? They're calling a player a squib, but then are taken aback and complain when they're called an idiot? Both seem pretty personal and demeaning so using one would tend to convey to me that they are comfortable with the use of such language and tone and shouldn't have an issue copping it back.

Now the above doesn't hold in every instance but its worth keeping in mind in some cases.
As someone who’s fortunate enough to have friends who have made it at AFL level I’ve seen first hand the sacrifices these blokes make to make it at AFL level. How damn hard they work. I for one know I wouldn’t be up to it and to be honest I don’t think many of us on here would.

It’s a ******* intense lifestyle that goes way way beyond the norms of any job. How more of them aren’t quivering messes breaking down in the streets beats me.

Accusations like that are not only inflammatory but 110% completely untrue

As someone who’s fortunate enough to have friends who have made it at AFL level I’ve seen first hand the sacrifices these blokes make to make it at AFL level. How damn hard they work. I for one know I wouldn’t be up to it and to be honest I don’t think many of us on here would.

It’s a ******* intense lifestyle that goes way way beyond the norms of any job. How more of them aren’t quivering messes breaking down in the streets beats me.

Agree that it would be intense, Swann mentioned that for the first month after Rayner and Wooler arrived that their life was basically eat, sleep, train and repeat. They were absolutely exhausted at the end of each day. But it also shows that the human body and mind adapts rather quickly and the load eventually becomes bearable.

If Rich and Beams come in then I would say that it would be Cutler and Cox to go out. They do provide us with some run and carry though which I can see as being part of our game plan and hope to see them back in the team sooner rather than later. For those wanting to see Bailey come in I actually would like him to stay in the NEAFL for awhile. We already are a young team as it is, would like to see him have the chance to learn and develop at that level and when his game warrants it for him to then be elevated.

If Rich and Beams come in then I would say that it would be Cutler and Cox to go out. They do provide us with some run and carry though which I can see as being part of our game plan and hope to see them back in the team sooner rather than later. For those wanting to see Bailey come in I actually would like him to stay in the NEAFL for awhile. We already are a young team as it is, would like to see him have the chance to learn and develop at that level and when his game warrants it for him to then be elevated.

I’d be pretty disappointed if we dropped Cutler after his performance. Reward good form.

I’d be pretty disappointed if we dropped Cutler after his performance. Reward good form.
The only reason behind my thinking was that as the emergency he was elevated and therefore would be the one ommited for Beams. Similar thinking for Cox as he came in for Rich. Simple minded thinking I know but we've played pretty well just haven't got the rewards as of yet.

Definitely agree with you on Bailey. Last year Berry and McCluggage didn’t debut until round three and played one or two games in the NEAFL to show that they were ready. We now have the luxury of having a young midfield and Bailey can develop and be promoted when he’s ready. In the end, I’d suspect he’d be like Witherdon, who was in the reserves until we were sure he was ready. Witherden ended up performing right away and I hope Bailey can do the same.

Some might remember an aboriginal kid from Brisbane names Hooper, he never made it just a few games. He used to just wander off and not turn up then there would be the big hoopla and he would have to earn the respect of the playing group back. I went and watched the first training session back he had. they had him separate from the group and they run that kid into the ground. After he there up the first time they made him do more sprints around cones until he threw up again. i wanted to jump the fence over and over and tell them to stop that he had had enough. It was terrible to watch. People on here would call for him to be axed, that he had no talent and all that stuff but that kid kept going that day. I totally agree just to get to a list is success to me as a sportsman in your chosen field. They might not be as good as the elite but they are better than the majority.

I think plenty on here remember Hooper, and I don't think many of us would have claimed he had no talent. He was a massive favourite on this board. I just wish he could've put it together off-field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back