Changes Round 4 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

There's been some issues with bigfooty which means that a range of recent posts have been lost. The boffins are looking into it.
Members of The Over 50’s Clique know how this feels. Many of us struggle with short term memory and often lose recent posts.

A danger game for tiges.
No rain, then ruck stocks and brissy's open forward line will make it interesting.
If rain, then a 4 qtr slog will be equally interesting, and make our next game even tougher.

Richmond were carrying mental scars for years from the Grand Final defeat Fitzroy handed them in 1944.

Then, just as they were recovering, we handed them their arses in front of Her Royal Highness Queen Elisabeth II in Round One of 1970. Let’s face it, Richmond are our bunnies when it comes to the big occasion games and there is none bigger than this weekend’s “Official Over 50’s Clique Cup Clash.” Dubbed by the AFL as “Daydream Time at the G,” Richmond are sure to CHOKE on this one.

Fitzroy by 34 Points.

Last edited:
Turned on SEN this morning to Gerard Whately's show just as Daisy Pearce was critiquing our game against Tiges........would have to have been one of the best appraisals of our team I've heard. She knows her football.

She thinks the Tiges will win, but she thinks we will give them and others a real scare over the season, believes we will be a team to watch . Went through our team, named the boys and gave opinions etc......unfortunately I'm no good at repeating everything she said, but I was really impressed.

If anyone can find a podcast (or whatever they call it) of her part of the show, well worth a listen imo. It would've been approx. 11am this morning there abouts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turned on SEN this morning to Gerard Whately's show just as Daisy Pearce was critiquing our game against Tiges........would have to have been one of the best appraisals of our team I've heard. She knows her football.

She thinks the Tiges will win, but she thinks we will give them and others a real scare over the season, believes we will be a team to watch . Went through our team, named the boys and gave opinions etc......unfortunately I'm no good at repeating everything she said, but I was really impressed.

If anyone can find a podcast (or whatever they call it) of her part of the show, well worth a listen imo. It would've been approx. 11am this morning there abouts.
Think they call it - best of whateley

Some might remember an aboriginal kid from Brisbane names Hooper, he never made it just a few games. He used to just wander off and not turn up then there would be the big hoopla and he would have to earn the respect of the playing group back. I went and watched the first training session back he had. they had him separate from the group and they run that kid into the ground. After he there up the first time they made him do more sprints around cones until he threw up again. i wanted to jump the fence over and over and tell them to stop that he had had enough. It was terrible to watch. People on here would call for him to be axed, that he had no talent and all that stuff but that kid kept going that day. I totally agree just to get to a list is success to me as a sportsman in your chosen field. They might not be as good as the elite but they are better than the majority.

Rhan hooper- fantastic to watch. Could move like a dream. I went and watched him play a couple of times at Ipswich just cos. He just couldn’t reconcile the demands of Afl with his outside footy life. I think these days he would get a lot more support and less of the draconian fines (iirc he was fined tens of thousands of dollars). The off field support has improved dramatically in the last 10 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back