Prediction Changes: Round 4 Vs Adelaide Crows + prematch discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Would you do that deal again … right now ?
I think so

The more we drop down the ladder the worse it gets though

I was very clear last year that we were buying on potential though, I got to watch a little bit of preseason so I've seen he can take those marks, could be a very important part of the team when he starts marking the get out kicks down the line

I also rate Lobb much higher than most on this board, we really are missing his marking

Short term pain, long term gain for Dogga IMO

We have players like Sturt Erasmus and Johnson who could be electric

Why play plodders

Do you think Collingwood would be as good if they played both Daicos's in the 2nds. Imagine that

A more apt comparison for Sturt would be Ash Johnson. JL would never play a guy like him. From memory he wasn't doing too much in the VFL last year before he made his debut and is a similar sort of player to Sturt, just with a bigger leap.

I am struggling to see why they even bothered to resign Sturt if they have no intention of playing him. Will also be looking at how Stubbs goes in the WAFL. He was going to be more competition for that position of left right out.

I get the feeling Freo are preparing to concede this one against Adelaide. Play all available against the Sharks this arvo and fly the best of them to Adelaide against the Suns.

If Freddy was dropped for the back flip celebration then that is dumb. Playing Banfield instead of Sturt is not going to help in 2024 or 25. Banfield will not get any better. He has reached his ceiling. An honest player like Sutcliffe, Sheridan or Suban but not likely to be there holding a premiership cup.
Freddy was dropped because of the back flip
Not injured
Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

With the team being poor over the ground in contested ball is it nearly Erasmus’s time to be selected?

I understand that with Johnson and Amiss already playing that it would make us a very very young team but wouldn’t his size, speed, mongrel and just his competitiveness be welcomed in a team that just does not win the ball.

Would welcome him into the team as a replacement for Hughes, Henry or Banfield (dislike none just think Erasmus can be significantly better).

Frederick had the quad injury pre season.
Surely not the backflip. He already had the alcohol ban, the backflip can just be easily as a chat behind closed doors.
Crisp gets nude and thousands saw it, plays the next day.

Has to be a bit sore

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the team being poor over the ground in contested ball is it nearly Erasmus’s time to be selected?

I understand that with Johnson and Amiss already playing that it would make us a very very young team but wouldn’t his size, speed, mongrel and just his competitiveness be welcomed in a team that just does not win the ball.

Would welcome him into the team as a replacement for Hughes, Henry or Banfield (dislike none just think Erasmus can be significantly better).
All eyes will be on Ras, Sturt, and Treacy in the Peel game this arvo.

Frederick had the quad injury pre season.
Surely not the backflip. He already had the alcohol ban, the backflip can just be easily as a chat behind closed doors.
Crisp gets nude and thousands saw it, plays the next day.

Has to be a bit sore
He got struck in the eye in the derby.. I guess just precaution.

Last edited:
The problem is that there's a committee in the first place. Decisions by committee always end up safe and middling. The 'extreme' views are always outvoted.
Clearly not true.

The extremely conservative position was not outvoted.

In all seriousness it's probably down to something like understanding of the game plan, demonstrated ability to execute it and versatility.
Doesn't mean I can't yell at the clouds that they're treating our Sturty bad.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back