Prediction Changes: Round 4 Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Here's hoping it progressively gets harder and harder to make a spot on the A team.
damn right, you know things are going spanky hanky when you're struggling to fit everyone in including many whom might be deserving of their crack ;)

Most of the media talk is calling us the game of the round

Going to be very interesting if we show up, I know it's not primetime but if everyone is watching then we may have to break the primetime curse

Most of the media talk is calling us the game of the round

Going to be very interesting if we show up, I know it's not primetime but if everyone is watching then we may have to break the primetime curse
at least we got Adelaide oval to play on . mostly i gues due to so many Carlton supporters. But good to practice there before we come up agisnt port the following week.

I hear most of the team are spending the two weeks there in South australia.

I did, I was watching at work!! Shhhhhhh, don't tell 'em, no admin around on Easter weekend!

I know what you mean, it's obvious he will need to build a case going forward and I fully expect that will be the 'conservative' route they'll take, it's just...I'm an impatient emotionally warped footy fan and want me some Cooper Simpson x-factor in the team even without using any preferred sense of logic (Something I struggle with anyway :tearsofjoy:) . Or if he even deserves a call up!

He is so young, I know. Hopefully he has an exciting debut when his chance does arrive though
am so glad he is getting the opportunity to develop

No changes to the team. Just have to wait for Sub announce 1 hr before.

at least we got Adelaide oval to play on . mostly i gues due to so many Carlton supporters. But good to practice there before we come up agisnt port the following week.

I hear most of the team are spending the two weeks there in South australia.
There'll be the Blooz cranks at that game in droves. Obnoxious as ever no doubt.

I think we have been 'resting' JOM for this game so he can battle it out with bigger bodies
Dunno, but I'd be surprised if Jaeger is the sub again. Ultimately it's J-Lo's call and I'm happy with it either way

Dunno, but I'd be surprised if Jaeger is the sub again. Ultimately it's J-Lo's call and I'm happy with it either way
there's method in his madness

I believe we have taken a better look at the opposition this year. We have also been ignored by the media - our match wasn't even played on FTA in Victoria. Carlton have been displayed everywhere, so JLo and the boys would be well aware of their game plans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You're probably right based on this interview (was put in the injury thread, but this segment specifically applies here, starts around the 3:50 mark (https://omny.fm/shows/wide-world-of-sports-6pr/justin-longmuir-and-his-undefeated-dockers)).

Q: Jaeger has been the sub 2 weeks in a row now, how sustainable is being the sub week in week out?

A: Probably wouldn't want to do it more than 3 or 4 times I wouldn't imagine. We got that decision to make this week clearly. Part of Jaeger starting as sub was just to get his build right leading into the season. He missed a fair bit of pre-season with a calf injury and had another little hiccup with his knee in the last practice match, so missed a chunk of work headed into round 1 and then obviously missed round 1. It's about making sure we set him up for success throughout the season and part of that is building his game time. We'll need to make a call on his role and his build this week.

Probably won't be something that a lot on this board will be a fan of, but that answer tells me that JL still views him as "when fit, clear best 22." Idk if it will be this week (may well be), but JOM is gonna be in the starting 22 soon and will stay there unless injury/a drastic drop in ability/a drastic rise in others' ability squeezes him out.

Until Darcy, Chapman and potentially NOD are ready, can’t really see anyone we’d bring in, Ras is just unfortunate that that the midfield positions are taken.
potentially against West Coast we may drop some players for management and bring in some newbies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back