Prediction Changes: Round 4 Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

I think they either bring JOM in or play him at Peel, hard to be sub for too long.

Who comes in may depend on what happens at Peel today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ras is the sub. Simpson would really surprise me, just because of his age. I think if they bring him in it’s against lesser oppo.

I think Blues will be too strong this week, need Jackson to play a huge game to win.

Also need Pearce to continue his with great form, McKay and Curnow a huge challenge with our missing players.

Pearce will take McKay and Draper Curnow.

Ryan will take Curnow

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

One of the issues we are going to have is the Hub in Adelaide for two weeks, whoever we take won’t be able to press a case at Peel.
Unless he’s a genuine chance to play, can see Simpson staying in Perth to get some game time into him. NOD and Chapman probably in the same boat.
Travelling emergencies likely to be Reidy, Worner and Ras.
They can always fly players over the 2nd week and fly a few home that won't be playing against Port for Peel if they like.

It's not really an issue

I’d be happy to try Simpson in for Emmett, for a full game in a big clash against a good team, see what he’s got - and perhaps juggle JOM for Erasmus as sub.

But I can’t see us doing that unfortunately
Bringing in a debutant against a top team?? Massive unnecessary risk in my opinion... this is how you ruin a young man's confidence!!

I can't see them playing JOM as sub three weeks in a row. Into the 22 or, if Ras/Brodie kill it today, "managed" next week

Wouldn't be surprised if JOM comes in for Fyfe in the next couple of weeks. Give the veteran an extra weeks rest. Ras/Brodie more likely to be involved in a swap with Johnson IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can see this being unchanged.
But what that of JOM? What’s the point of him being sub when he’s not a high impact player?
Erasmus with 36 disposals today.
Didn't see the game, but they're impressive numbers. As I said after round 2, Ras was no worse than JOM as sub this year and has the extreme advantage of being 10 years younger and the future. JOM out.

Didn't see the game, but they're impressive numbers. As I said after round 2, Ras was no worse than JOM as sub this year and has the extreme advantage of being 10 years younger and the future. JOM out.

He was good today. Accumulated but still burnt a few kicks.

He would definitely have the running capacity to burn players off in the last quarter in an afl game

JOM is miles ahead of Ras, IMO.

Interesting highlights from Ras on the AFL website (around teh state leagues). Of the 7 kicks in this vid, 2 go directly to oppo, 4 to a contest or open space, and 1 to a team mate. At the pace of a WAFL game, I'd be hoping to see him finding an extra step to make a better decision and use the footy better, instead he seems to just chuck it on his boot.

I didn't see this game and I know people rave about him, but I think his disposal and decision making is still a fair way off. I think he's an ideal sub. A quarter or a third of a game to give him more exposure to the pace of an AFL game would be good for him.

But if we're talking starting 22, I'd go for JOM, then Brodie, before Ras.

The real selection issue is Emmett (and to a degree Banfield) providing limited offensive threat. Losing Lachie Schultz has hurt us.

I'd be bringing in JOM to play Acres style on a wing and Frederick spends more time forward.

Do people see Cooper Simpson as a legit half forward or is he really a midfielder?

Interesting highlights from Ras on the AFL website (around teh state leagues). Of the 7 kicks in this vid, 2 go directly to oppo, 4 to a contest or open space, and 1 to a team mate. At the pace of a WAFL game, I'd be hoping to see him finding an extra step to make a better decision and use the footy better, instead he seems to just chuck it on his boot.

I didn't see this game and I know people rave about him, but I think his disposal and decision making is still a fair way off. I think he's an ideal sub. A quarter or a third of a game to give him more exposure to the pace of an AFL game would be good for him.

The real selection issue is Emmett (and to a degree Banfield) providing limited offensive threat. Losing Lachie Schultz has hurt us.

I'd be bringing in JOM to play Acres style on a wing and Frederick spends more time forward.

Do people see Cooper Simpson as a legit half forward or is he really a midfielder?
I seriously don't see what JOM adds to the team. He's such a nothing player and is just stopping guys like Erasmus from getting a chance to actually develop and improve at AFL level.

I seriously don't see what JOM adds to the team. He's such a nothing player and is just stopping guys like Erasmus from getting a chance to actually develop and improve at AFL level.

I’m strongly in the same camp as you. His 2023 form, along with Brodie going downhill, was the reason we were s**t last year. Along with Pearce playing injured.

Once Young replaced JOM onball we looked a lot better.

This year we look better because Pearce is back in form and the midfield is humming.

JOM has very little lateral movement and doesn’t apply pressure. I note he was credited with 6-7 pressure acts as sub against Adelaide but I’ll need to rewatch that last quarter, because I felt he was not at the level required in terms of pressure. He also doesn’t have the tank to run end to end as an outside mid.

His time in the best 22 is already questionable and he’s in his 2nd year of a 4 year contract. I’m not sure if he drives standards behind the scenes, because he’ll have to work as a mini development coach because he’s largely outside the 22 most of the time. I don’t anticipate he’ll get better with age.

JOM doesn’t have the tank to play as a winger. Hawks fans always said he did his best work in bursts as a forward. Not sure why we don’t play him there.
I’m with the poster above. Play him or Ras in Emmett’s position & Simpson as sub.

Think Ras gets another week in the WAFL, no point playing him sub and missing out on experience he could be getting from a full four quarters in a tough game. Let him gather more confidence in his game so when he does sub or get a call up he is overflowing with it instead of showing the unsureness he has in the past.

Only change for me is JOM and Emmett swap.
Can't say I am confident it works think that's where the coaches will go. Gives us more flexibility with rotations in wing and centre and an extra calm head. Also Emmett as a sub player feels perfect, would be high impact he never needs to warm into a game he goes 100% every time.

JOM doesn’t have the tank to play as a winger. Hawks fans always said he did his best work in bursts as a forward. Not sure why we don’t play him there.
I’m with the poster above. Play him or Ras in Emmett’s position & Simpson as sub.
JOM doesn’t apply enough defensive pressure to replace Emmett, good at hitting targets inside 50 but not so good locking it in. Erasmus could potentially take that spot from Emmett as he’s a good hunter/tackler.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back