Prediction Changes: Round 4 Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

They are already! So extra TOG.
There are 6 forwards we also have amiss,treacy,Tabener and even Jackson comes down to rest forward for the talls plenty of forward options. Need some good interception defenders eg Hughes,Walker,worner,Ryan and get young to drop back with the flow of the game. Kind of flood it with these guys and rebound

Who thinks that playing next week on a neutral ground will favour - us or Carlton?
Depends if they bring Carlton’s umpires or not
I’m pretty happy it’s at a neutral ground
I so badly want to bring them back to earth but the 3-4 goal advantage they get every week whenever someone touches McKay or Curnow is hard to overcome

The crazy thing is Draper is the likely one to take either Curnow or McKay. Pearce will take the other. Curnow and McKay are 150% the keys to the game. We stop them and we win. We need guys to intercept them. Worner inclusion can help this. We need our defense to block their spaces to run into and intercept. Bring in worner
So we play RossBall ?
Flood the hell out of their forward line , play defensively and grind it out ?
Pressure across the ground is key
That’s a reason to keep Emmet in

There are 6 forwards we also have amiss,treacy,Tabener and even Jackson comes down to rest forward for the talls plenty of forward options. Need some good interception defenders eg Hughes,Walker,worner,Ryan and get young to drop back with the flow of the game. Kind of flood it with these guys and rebound
A large part of Jlos game plan is fwd half pressure and turnover. Don’t let the ball transition easily to Curnow and that’s half the battle. We already flood back but taking a rotation out of the mid/fwds will leave us vulnerable in red time.

Depends if they bring Carlton’s umpires or not
I’m pretty happy it’s at a neutral ground
I so badly want to bring them back to earth but the 3-4 goal advantage they get every week whenever someone touches McKay or Curnow is hard to overcome
I had a bad dream last night that Scott Camporeale rocked up with his two sons to umpire the game.

Ok, so I have 3 scapegoats on my list….
2 perennials names and a young fella who does my head in because he can just be that much better if he goes balls deep at every contest:
Taberner
Hughes
Don Walker

All have been good to very serviceable this year.
Tabs spoil in the 3rd against the Crows to create a goal - never thought I’d see the day !!!

Hughes - with 2 talls down, he is doing a good job, still looks fckn confused most of the time but hey - see ball destroy ball type, just don’t like the ball n his hands.

Don - great pace, but a couple of times just needs to smash into a ground ball or 50/50 contest - then I will be happier with the mistakes he does make….

Changes-
Bring in EraRasMus to go high half forward- apply pressure, tackle and kick a couple…
- Drop Emmett

Johnson to run with Cripps…

O’Meara sub.

Amiss t kick 5

Bailey Banfield to kick 4…

a young fella who does my head in because he can just be that much better if he goes balls deep at every

This. It was a rehash of the North game on Friday, two really poor efforts in the first quarter that led to scores, and then he worked his way into the game better.
He needs to get put onto a punching bag or something in the rooms twenty minutes before the game starts to generate some angry energy for the opening bounce.

This. It was a rehash of the North game on Friday, two really poor efforts in the first quarter that led to scores, and then he worked his way into the game better.
He needs to get put onto a punching bag or something in the rooms twenty minutes before the game starts to generate some angry energy for the opening bounce.
Exactly, in the North game in the 1st, that contest at half forward where he neither committed to the contest or stayed with the inside runner !!!!!…hopefully he learns from instances like that, but it has been a noticeable issue with his commitment to the contest.

Walsh, Martin, Motlop and possibly Cripps, not like your structural talls though

Been a good move for McKay to do stints in the ruck, gets him engaged more if he is having quiet periods foward

Unfortunately (for us) you don’t need to worry about Cripps it is his first, they always come a week or two late

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

They are very confident on their Board.
Need to win the midfield, and then we've got a good chance.
Our backline has been impressive, hopefully same again

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They are very confident on their Board.
Need to win the midfield, and then we've got a good chance.
Our backline has been impressive, hopefully same again
If i were them I'd be confident as well. Been their bunnies for a while now.

As you said midfield, midfield, midfield!

Got to win the clearances and stop any easy kicks inside 50. We simply can't let McKay and Curnow get fed easy ball. Owies is another that bobs up so Clark will need to be all over him.

If i were them I'd be confident as well. Been their bunnies for a while now.

As you said midfield, midfield, midfield!

Got to win the clearances and stop any easy kicks inside 50. We simply can't let McKay and Curnow get fed easy ball. Owies is another that bobs up so Clark will need to be all over him.
We beat them comfortably in early 2022 when both teams were up and about. They don't feel like a bogey team to me.

I think most of it can be put down to form lines at the time we played each other and both teams have had wild form swings over the last few seasons.

We beat them comfortably in early 2022 when both teams were up and about. They don't feel like a bogey team to me.

I think most of it can be put down to form lines at the time we played each other and both teams have had wild form swings over the last few seasons.
And the last 2-3 times before that we lost to them by under a goal in the final seconds of the game. And the last two times we've played them they've completely destroyed us. Definitely a bogey team.

And the last 2-3 times before that we lost to them by under a goal in the final seconds of the game. And the last two times we've played them they've completely destroyed us. Definitely a bogey team.
The last two times we were woefully out of form and they were on their hot streaks. The old ones where both teams were **** I don't care even a little about.

Bogey teams are ones whose gamestyle counters yours so well that even playing well you're unlikely to win. The Hawks were a massive bogey team for Ross.

Carlton have got us at the contest (because they've always been 2-3 years ahead in the rebuild) and we're the least vulnerable we've been there in a long time, especially around the ball.

Against the Carlton=type midfield is when Darcy rucking and Jackson having short bursts in their as a pure midfielder will be very valuable. Bummer he's injured

IF we lose it will be because we dont stop their champion forwards getting the ball. Not because of umpriing.

When the players make less mistakes than the umpires do we will win no matter what bad decisions are made.

So Freo. lets go, it wont be easy, they are a proud team. Good coach leading them. Dont play like last week fumbling the ball, making some bad choices on ball movement. Hold the marks. Make quick decisions and back up any errors you make. When we play that style as we do for 2-3 qtrs each week we will win.

The first step is not allowing any Carlton exits out the front of centre bounce. Take Curnow and McKay out of their team and they're nothing special, of course this can be said about taking the best players out of any team. The point is, we will again play in a way to take away our opponents strengths, so expect a repeat of the Adelaide game as Plan A.

Looking forward to seeing our guys freshened up from an 8 day break.

One thing I'm confident of is our team is more consistent across the 23. Carlton recently rarely have an even contribution, their stars win it. Our bottom six should hopefully outperform their bottom 6.

Is this the first game Jackson is likely to win the hitouts? De Koning is only 24 and only a couple of cm’s taller than Jackson, winning the hitouts could go a long way to limiting their midfield.
I think Young is going to make a big difference this time and having Fyfe back playing decent footy is massive for this game
Last few times Serong and Brayshaw were just getting pushed around no matter how well Darcy rucked

This time with Jackson , Fyfe and Young in there and Serong / Brayshaw playing at their best we are in this up to our eyeballs

Carn Freeooo ⚓

Remove this Banner Ad

Back