Prediction Changes: Round 5 Vs Adelaide Crows + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Lobb for a big man has reasonable pace, has a good leap and is a good contested mark.
Meek at the minute is not up to Lobbs standards.
Some of the comments on here remind of the supporters who couldn't see any value in Sandilands and wanted Sandy replaced by Griff. ;)

And some of the comments remind me of when people on this board were calling for Sandilands to be traded (in the early 2000s) because Justin Longmuir and Troy Simmonds were much more athletic than him and he would never be anything other than backup to them.

Meek actually has decent pace - perhaps equal to Lobb. What he doesn't have is Lobb's standing leap, agility or anywhere near the level of hands that Lobb has. And I said previously, Lobb is ahead of Meek.

But I reiterate the point though that Lobb shouldn't be given a free ride just because he is decent athletically and is the most experienced ruck we have. The bar he sets is arguably pretty low; he is in the team as a second forward and backup ruck, so he needs to take marks (which he generally does, although often not in dangerous places) and kick goals (which he hasn't done enough of in recent times). If he can't do that then we need to revamp the forward line and back up ruck again.

Anyway hopefully Lobb kicks three today and this conversation can be put to bed for a while.

I don’t think anyone is disputing that Lobb is better than Meek. Just that Meek has held his own for his first 4 games of AFL.

Anyways back to more important matters - gambling. The odds are in our favour, moving down from 2.25 to 1.98. It’s the first away game this season that it has swung in our favour.

I don’t think anyone is disputing that Lobb is better than Meek. Just that Meek has held his own for his first 4 games of AFL.

Anyways back to more important matters - gambling. The odds are in our favour, moving down from 2.25 to 1.98. It’s the first away game this season that it has swung in our favour.

That smells of a late out.

Hughes is a worry for me never feel confident when his got the ball... he is so indecisive...

Treacy didn’t have a great game, but he should stay in. Tbh, I thought Sturt should have stayed in too so I think maybe I have a lady boner for any and all forwards.

Thoughts and prayers for Cez.

Mother-in-laws birthday next Saturday night so I won’t be able to watch. Selfish of her tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back