Prediction Changes: Round 5 Vs Adelaide Crows + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Though not as mobile the Darcy/Meek combo has gone OK, much to everyones surprise I feel.
Meek is much better in the ruck than Lobb and Darcy seems to be doing well around the ground as well.
I think Lobb needs to earn his place back in the side as he was pretty average early on this year. Plus I wont have to close my eyes every time he takes a stutter set shot at goal.
Watson put up a pretty good effort last game playing to his strengths and should stay in.
Acres stays in because no one else, unless we put Freddy there.

Out: Hughes, Colyer
Someone said one swallow doesn't make a summer, Ill claim it. Too much bad not enough good when we have plenty of good ready to come in.

In: Logue, Schultz

Bring in the B22 players if off the injury list and fit. If that means tough decisions on youngsters or fill ins that have been in good or ok form then so be it.

Is it anyone else, but Darcy is actually a better forward then Lobb? Does his role, isn’t easily pushed from the contest. Kicked 3 goals, instantly better run up then that stutter step. Around the ground Lobb is elite. Not that much in the forward line. Lobb will dominate O’Brien around the ground wise.

Is it anyone else, but Darcy is actually a better forward then Lobb? Does his role, isn’t easily pushed from the contest. Kicked 3 goals, instantly better run up then that stutter step. Around the ground Lobb is elite. Not that much in the forward line. Lobb will dominate O’Brien around the ground wise.
I think Darcy is more limited but better at his limitations. As a forward, he can’t create a contest around the ground coz of his speed but if you want a unmoveable contested marking contest halving brick s**t house to bomb balls on top of then Darcy is your man.

The stutter step was gone in the preseason games. Whether it stays away, is another matter. He worked on it in the off season

100% agree with this, for a 207cm guy, Lobb is easily negated by a mid sized defender with a bit of a leap. Darcy has height 204(?)cm, but he’s a mountain of a bloke and won’t be out positioned.

Darcy IMO is a better forward than Lobb. I like Lobb around the ground, I particularly like Lobb a kick behind the play, ala Max Gawn.

Darcy can ruck inside 50 and Lobb midfield and in defense.

I’d ruck Lobb 60%, forward 15% and bench 25%.

Darcy ruck 40%, forward 35% and bench 25%.

Longmuir: Lobb’s a chance to face Crows
Rory Lobb is a chance to make a shock return to Fremantle’s AFL team on Sunday against Adelaide after recovering more quickly than expected from a pre-season knee injury.
Mark Duffield
Mark DuffieldSenior Football Writer
Fremantle Dockers ruck-forward [PLAYERCARD]Rory Lobb[/PLAYERCARD] is a chance to play against Adelaide on Sunday.
https://thewest.com.au/sport/west-c...ine-to-blame-for-st-kilda-loss-ng-b881845862z

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Darcy is more limited but better at his limitations. As a forward, he can’t create a contest around the ground coz of his speed but if you want a unmoveable contested marking contest halving brick sh*t house to bomb balls on top of then Darcy is your man.
I am going to show my age here. As an East Freo support from way, way back, I felt like big Sean was channeling Bob Johnson on Sunday. Probably most posters won’t know what I am talking about, but Bob Johnson had the immovable object in the goal square thing to a tee.

I am going to show my age here. As an East Freo support from way, way back, I felt like big Sean was channeling Bob Johnson on Sunday. Probably most posters won’t know what I am talking about, but Bob Johnson had the immovable object in the goal square thing to a tee.

I didn't know anything about Bob Johnson until an old co worker said his step dad played in the Wafl and Afl. Quietly said he was in the hall of fame too. Being the nerd i am i had to quickly google.

Also told me Commeti was a big fan of Big Bob.

Not necessarily what I think will happen but more what I hope for. Seems a bit rough to make 3 changes after a gutsy win but we need to reshape and settle our 22 and get some continuity.

Out: Meek, Watson, Hughes
In: Lobb, Duman, Logue

I know Hughes has credits but we have pressure on for spots now and he needs to know that multiple cat10 errors have repercussions. The flip side to that is that BOG WAFL form is to be rewarded with Duman coming in.

If I'm Acres I'm also looking at Tucker's form in the WAFL this weekend.... nervously.

Do you remember what Liam Jones did to Shaun Darcy ?

better forward than lobb - I can’t believe what I’m reading

Tab lobb treacy ... I like the look of that

Darcy ruck. Meek has a long way to go.

Not necessarily what I think will happen but more what I hope for. Seems a bit rough to make 3 changes after a gutsy win but we need to reshape and settle our 22 and get some continuity.

Out: Meek, Watson, Hughes
In: Lobb, Duman, Logue

I know Hughes has credits but we have pressure on for spots now and he needs to know that multiple cat10 errors have repercussions. The flip side to that is that BOG WAFL form is to be rewarded with Duman coming in.

If I'm Acres I'm also looking at Tucker's form in the WAFL this weekend.... nervously.

If Acres keeps doing what he did on Sunday, he won't be dropped. Tucker needs to work his way back through the wafl for a few weeks.

If Acres keeps doing what he did on Sunday, he won't be dropped. Tucker needs to work his way back through the wafl for a few weeks.
I'd be very surprised if he is there for more than 1 or 2 weeks, unless form warrants it.
Not sure who else he'd come in for?

A quick « fair do’s » for Fyfey ‘s wretched 6 points. Firstly, secondly and thirdly he had a whopping head knock 2 weeks back. Ok, he got through well but that’s good fortune considering his first concussion affected him severely for a very long time. It’s quite conceivable at least half those points were/are a perception issue.
As for ´selfish to take the shots’ it’s also classic Fyfe to consider that he should be prepared to take it on - and succeed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back