Prediction Changes: Round 5 Vs Gold Coast Suns + Pre-match discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Wonder if Tabs would have actually been omitted if he wasn’t injured…… guess we will never know

Losing Lobb, Acres and Logue we needed a new whipping boy and Pearce has stepped up this season in a selfless role to fulfil the hole.

He has some competition but in terms of whips he leads the count.

It’s a close race with Henry, Jackson, JOM, Hughes and Taberner rounding out the top selections.

There’s some first timer whips that may feature. Fyfe round 1 and Brayshaw round 4 receiving whips.

Brodie didn’t even really get the chance to be whipped severely and his dropping caught a few whip watchers napping.

3 of the favourites to take home The Whip Award have been dropped. With no Wilson, Taberner or Henry the punters will see Pearce ease into outright favouritism for the award. Expect Chol to kick 4 on him.

NOD also omitted and although a fan favourite the faithful were ready to unleash full whips should he have had another shocker. Alas, he gets a reprieve by being dropped.

Sturt gets a much awaited run and should avoid whip nominations for one week.

Hard to pinpoint where the whips will be this week but rest assured that if we lose you can probably expect JOM, Ryan, Jackson, Banfield and Longmuir to feature heavily.

At long odds is Brayshaw. Make no mistake the guy is a gun, but he had an absolute shocker last week and if he fumbles early or misses a target by hand that leads to a goal the Whipsters will squirm a smidge in their chairs.

I’ll provide a new thread to keep track of the Whips Award.

Michael Walters is one of our best ever players, but he doesn't get selected on form from ten seasons ago. He's at the point of his career where he could slow to a walk so fast it gives him whiplash.

I don't want the AFL career of Michael Walters to end but we are far closer to that than his peak.
He kicked four against West Coast and dragged us back into the game against north in less than a half. He can afford an occasional off game.

Wow. I’m actually stunned. Sturt got a start & Walker survived.

Can posters lining up to pot them if they don’t destroy the game straight away please compare them to Alex Pearce & Matt Taberner & what they’ve contributed this year.

Yes it’s unlikely Sturt will kick a bag but hopefully he’ll add some flair & intelligence to our front half.

With Sturt, Wagner yet to play AFL game and MJ to play full game, they not going to all get puffed out by the 2nd quarter are they. We only have 1 sub lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 of the favourites to take home The Whip Award have been dropped. With no Wilson, Taberner or Henry the punters will see Pearce ease into outright favouritism for the award. Expect Chol to kick 4 on him.

NOD also omitted and although a fan favourite the faithful were ready to unleash full whips should he have had another shocker. Alas, he gets a reprieve by being dropped.

Sturt gets a much awaited run and should avoid whip nominations for one week.

Hard to pinpoint where the whips will be this week but rest assured that if we lose you can probably expect JOM, Ryan, Jackson, Banfield and Longmuir to feature heavily.

At long odds is Brayshaw. Make no mistake the guy is a gun, but he had an absolute shocker last week and if he fumbles early or misses a target by hand that leads to a goal the Whipsters will squirm a smidge in their chairs.

I’ll provide a new thread to keep track of the Whips Award.
You better - or I'll whip that smile off ya face

TBH based on form I reckon my ideal starting 22 is pretty similar to what's been named, only with Hughes dropped, Brodie into the 22 and Noddy named as sub. Let's see what a medium sized forward line can do

Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

with MJ, Sturt and Amiss starting, I only now want to see Ras added to that sheet and I will be happy for the future regardless of what happens in the next few weeks. The talented kids need games in them to move along with the rest of our young list to contend in future years.
Can I add Treacy to that list as well or is that a taboo subject?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back