Preview Round 6 v Geelong Cats (Hubtastic at the SCG)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scubaveg

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 6, 2009
Carina
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Anybody know who was selected in the traveling party mentioned in the injury report?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Oct 13, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I am stunned 😳
Just listening to channel 10 news up in Brissie and the Lions were the first thing talked about in the sports news!
Absolutely in shock.
They went on to the Drongoes after the Lions 🦁 amazing

LOL!!

That's what I've been calling them for years.

Much to the chagrin of some of my Drongo loving " associates"

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
In
Zorko, Witherden, Smith/Robertson

Out
T Berry, CEY, Ah Chee

Rarely see Fagan make >2 changes though so Ah Chee could get 1 more chance.

I'd throw in whoever is fitter/looking better out of Smith and Robertson, if either are match fit. Lack of NEAFL might make it harder for these types to get a game.

Last edited:
Jan 13, 2016
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In

Out
T Berry, CEY, Ah Chee

I'd throw in whoever is fitter/looking better out of Smith and Robertson, if either are match fit. Lack of NEAFL might make it harder for these types to get a game.
Why T Berry? Thought he added plenty.

CarterS

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 14, 2001
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lions
I just see it a a straight swap. Zorko for CEY. Might be last chance game for Ah Chee. Think they will give him one more. We'll find out tonight.
Could well be what happens. Since we are playing so well I think you are right, they will give Ah Chee the old "one more chance", if we lost he'd be out.

Fagenslions36

All Australian
Jun 14, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
In

Out
T Berry, CEY, Ah Chee

Glad your not doing team selections .Tom Berry has been outstanding In his 3 games .

May 20, 2015
Maleny, Queensland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
LOL!!

That's what I've been calling them for years.

Much to the chagrin of some of my Drongo loving " associates"

and for the first time, even including the premiership years, the Lions outraged the Broncos on TV by 38% in Brisbane. Just shows the Queensland crowds the Victorian centric AFL never understand with the Lions and the Suns - only winning teams get crowds because they are spoilt for choice with other codes.

Sep 16, 2001
Behind the goals at the BSO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fitzroy, North
I watched Birchall taking a few kick ins against Port and a thought crossed my mind. Remember when Chrissie Johnson would kick it to Darryl White on lots of kick ins? I have a new kick in.

Isolate Rich as far out from goal as possible. Birchall kicks it to Rich who puts it inside 50.. They both kick 50 metres easily. They run 10 metres before kicking!!!! The maths looks good.

I watched Birchall taking a few kick ins against Port and a thought crossed my mind. Remember when Chrissie Johnson would kick it to Darryl White on lots of kick ins? I have a new kick in.

Isolate Rich as far out from goal as possible. Birchall kicks it to Rich who puts it inside 50.. They both kick 50 metres easily. They run 10 metres before kicking!!!! The maths looks good.
They've done it a couple of times - usually Birchall to the unmanned Rich in the pocket, Rich to anywhere (long up the line, pinpoint back into the middle, or a massive instant switch) to break open the zone.

Two years ago when Witherden was taking the kick outs it worked well too, in a much worse team to poorer structures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back