Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs Bulldogs + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When’s the last time we won a standalone Friday night game? Or even Thursday night game?
Last year, you thumped North on a Friday night at home I believe.

Dogs coming off a six day break in a wet slog, their second consecutive away game. Must win game I think.

Last year, you thumped North on a Friday night at home I believe.

Dogs coming off a six day break in a wet slog, their second consecutive away game. Must win game I think.
That was part of the AFL’s revolutionary Friday doubleheader* idea

*the games overlapped and ours was not televised

Worner kicks better than Erasmus

Worner isn't a terrible kick it's just with his pace he needs to be an elite kick to make it at AFL level

Not sure he would be an impact sub, might rack up touches though
Thats rubbish Ras is the better kick of the two and overall is a better player ( i like Worner`s want for the ball and be involved in the game but fear he is just a good wafl player however he is still young and has scope to improve, in my opinion better suited to wing)

Rapt that they have finally stuck fast with a couple of the new faces in Sturt, Wagner and Johnson.

Disappointed (but not surprised) that not one of O'Meara, Hughes or Walker were dropped.

If it is heavy and raining, can our slower guys like JOM, Brodie and Brayshaw step up and influence the game?

Rapt that they have finally stuck fast with a couple of the new faces in Sturt, Wagner and Johnson.

Disappointed (but not surprised) that not one of O'Meara, Hughes or Walker were dropped.

If it is heavy and raining, can our slower guys like JOM, Brodie and Brayshaw step up and influence the game?
Who would you bring in for any of those three that can guarantee a better performance? Our depth in any position that isn’t half back is pretty shallow.

This game is going to be one spicy meatball with obvious disdain for Lobb, the Ryan thing, elim final win and being a Friday night game that sends one team to 2-4. I have a dinner so miss the whole game basically. Anyone going needs to make serious noise
GIF by Giphy QA

Don't think you talking about tomorrow as it won't be raining.

Also I would think rain and slog would help guys like JOM and Brodie more.

Thats rubbish Ras is the better kick of the two and overall is a better player ( i like Worner`s want for the ball and be involved in the game but fear he is just a good wafl player however he is still young and has scope to improve, in my opinion better suited to wing)
Erasmus is clearly the better player but Worner is a better kick

Erasmus is a shocking kick, I know people want to will it into reality that he is a decent kick but he just aint

I'm backing him to improve it over time, has a way to go though

1. It’s not going to rain
2. Who would you prefer?
3. Heavier, stronger (and therefore slower) guys are generally better in the slog of rain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erasmus is clearly the better player but Worner is a better kick

Erasmus is a shocking kick, I know people want to will it into reality that he is a decent kick but he just aint

I'm backing him to improve it over time, has a way to go though

He's not a great kick but shocking is overs

Few of those boys still close with Lobb. Wag connections.

But safe to say he wasn’t very well liked by the majority.

Quite interesting actually, is it because of the comments directed toward the club after he left or were there personality clashes when he was with us?

My source in Hamling only offered to say 'he's a bit odd' but the same is said of Tabs collectively but in endearing terms.

Lobb mentioned being bullied a bit when growing up (which is never OK) but just wonder if his personality put people off.

Either way I hope the numpty gets toweled up by Cox tomorrow night.

Who would you bring in for any of those three that can guarantee a better performance? Our depth in any position that isn’t half back is pretty shallow.

No one can "guarantee" better performance, but by any standard JOM has been abysmal for weeks.
We need to get games into the kids ahead of playing JOM, would have been very happy with any one of the emergencies ahead of JOM or Hughes.

I accept they won't drop JOM this early after trading him in, but he really isn't adding anything to the team. I do hope he improves and makes me eat my words, and he is good depth in case of injuries to Serong/Brayshaw/Brodie/MJ - but he isn't best 25 IMHO at present.

Don't think you talking about tomorrow as it won't be raining.

Also I would think rain and slog would help guys like JOM and Brodie more.

I had heard it was a small chance of rain and also a very heavy Optus surface - but that might be an eclipse (or Emu Bitter?) affected forecast.

1. It’s not going to rain
2. Who would you prefer?
3. Heavier, stronger (and therefore slower) guys are generally better in the slog of rain.

1. See above. Glad if it doesn't rain, but is us on a Friday night national game, prepare for a localised cyclone, a giant sinkhole or a dust storm.
2. See above. Any of the emergencies would be better than the three I named, though as noted I accept that they have JOM as untouchable because they just traded him in.
3. Yes I know slower heavier dudes should do better in the wet, but it is us - in recent times we've not handled wet conditions at all well, and our slower players have been some of the worst in the wet. Very atypical for AFL footy, but very Freo.

Quite interesting actually, is it because of the comments directed toward the club after he left or were there personality clashes when he was with us?

My source in Hamling only offered to say 'he's a bit odd' but the same is said of Tabs collectively but in endearing terms.

Lobb mentioned being bullied a bit when growing up (which is never OK) but just wonder if his personality put people off.

Either way I hope the numpty gets toweled up by Cox tomorrow night.
From what I gather Cox is one who's still mates with him. Would love him to swap with Pearce and have Alex take out whatever anger he has against Rory.

Very likely we announce a new membership record at the game tomorrow, would be amazing if we could pull 50k or more and celebrate with a season-defining win. I am cautiously optimistic.
Doesn't look like a big crowd based on ticket sales so far.

2. See above. Any of the emergencies would be better than the three I named, though as noted I accept that they have JOM as untouchable because they just traded him in.
O'Driscoll barely touched the ball and has offered so much less than Hughes so far this year. Corbett plays forward so he's not really even in the conversation, Draper has played 1 WAFL game. Erasmus hard to guage since he's been tagged in the WAFL, but I can't imaging him adding much more than JOM.

Have got a feeling Corbett will be named as the sub and I base that on absolutely nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back