Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

It's a shame because if a business was told it had serious flaws with its containment of dangerous substances and then chose to ignore it, then people suffered because of the leak the business would be liable for massive damages.

Instead people line up to thank the business for keeping them safe.

Enjoy the sport tonight. I was so looking forward to this game. Crying about it actually.

Yes the alternative of letting COVID spread throughout the city seems much more palatable.

there’s either an emergency or there’s not.
You can’t allow people to go to the Wildcats and the Force tonight “just because” or to * off to Margaret River. Complete bull s**t

It's a shame because if a business was told it had serious flaws with its containment of dangerous substances and then chose to ignore it, then people suffered because of the leak the business would be liable for massive damages.

Enjoy the sport tonight. I was so looking forward to this game. Crying about it actually.
At least you live here and can go every week, I've wasted a trip driving up.

there’s either an emergency or there’s not.
You can’t allow people to go to the Wildcats and the Force tonight “just because” or to fu** off to Margaret River. Complete bull sh*t

Oh yeah completely agree that it's ridiculous to let people attend the other games tonight.

Not sure of the rationale behind that one.

I'm annoyed I'm not getting to watch the footy live tomorrow night as well but this is a ridiculous analogy. The WA government aren't choosing to work with a dangerous substance for financial gain. It has been forced upon them.

Perhaps they should have spent billions of our money making purpose built facilities to accomodate the thousands of people requiring quarantine? Is that what you are suggesting?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have mixed feelings about any of our forwards kicking a bag against North.

2017 - Nyhuis kicks 4 goals against North (we win)
2018 - nobody kicked more than 2 goals (but we also lost the game)
2019 - McCarthy kicks 4 5 goals against North (we win)
2020 - Hogan kicks 4 goals against North (we win)

Coincidence that none of those players are on our list anymore? Treacy to kick either 3 or 5 6 goals.

I conveniently left out 2016 when Fyfe kicked 4 goals, we lost the game and I think he's still on the list?
Suprised you didnt metion the Round 5 game in 2017 vs North at home.

Kicked 2.6.18 at half time. Kicked 4.10.34 by 3/4 time. Kicked 5 goals in the final quarter to win 9.13.67 to Norths 9.8.62. Yep that famous game where shane kersten snapped a goal with like 40 seconds to go.

Only one guy is still on the list that was a Goal Kicker, thats still on our list is Griffen Logue. That is still his only goal in his career. Ed Langdon kicked 2 goals.

Crozier, Brad hill, Brady grey, Michael Johnson, Griffin Logue, Cam McCarthy and Bradley hill all kicked 1 each.

I'm annoyed I'm not getting to watch the footy live tomorrow night as well but this is a ridiculous analogy. The WA government aren't choosing to work with a dangerous substance for financial gain. It has been forced upon them.

Perhaps they should have spent billions of our money making purpose built facilities to accomodate the thousands of people requiring quarantine? Is that what you are suggesting?
If they were aware of hazards and didn't act on them then they are negligent. Yes.

I think a system where we bring the outside disease into the heart of our biggest city, in facilities that aren't equipped to handle them is a recipe for disaster and we should have a facility built - starting it last year, where people can safely be transferred through without risk of exposing the community.

We could even build it near the coast so the government can consider it a regional economic boost and stimulus package.

You recon the club could request that the state govt re-imburse them for lost profit for Saturday, given that it's their incompetence that has lead to it?
I'd rather they reimburse all the small businesses. Big business, and AFL is a big business, will survive. All the smug public servants from the smug premier down will survive. It's low paid casual workers and small family business that get kicked in the nuts, and he couldn't give a *

You recon the club could request that the state govt re-imburse them for lost profit for Saturday, given that it's their incompetence that has lead to it?
They absolutely could.

The government would then react by being as hard to deal with as possible.

So don't poke a bear when the bear can destroy you if it feels offended.

Do we think no crowd will have any impact on the game?

If anything, you'd think it would help Norf.

Do we think no crowd will have any impact on the game?

If anything, you'd think it would help Norf.
I think denying Treacy the crowd reaction to his first goal is horrible. That's what I was most looking forward to

Talk about a hysterical false dichotomy.

Well yes, there numerous scenarios that could unfold, some benign, some very much the opposite. Unfortunately, as far as I’m aware we currently lack any method of seeing into the future…and a contagious virus which the populous lacks herd immunity to doesn’t really abide by a “wait and see” philosophy or half measures.

Governing to mitigate as much risk as possible makes sense. How people can’t wrap their head around that fact is baffling to me.

Which is also why I’m more than annoyed at the fact that they’re still letting large gatherings occur tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back