Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

Have to keep Treacy in, need that taller forward line experiment against the Eagles backline in a couple week so another week of it versus North will be handy.

Sick to death of intercept markers dominating us, notice that it hasn't happened the past 2 weeks?

I guess I’m in the minority

Treacy has to do more than play decoy for Tabs and Lobb. It’s not like Tabs got 4 goals by one on one contested possession. 2 goals from a quick handball and bullet kick by Colyer and another goal from a kick by Walters.

Personally, I think quick ball movement and speed is the way to beat the Eagles.

Do you think an opposition coach would leave Walters with a mid to low level defender if they are planning their defense against us?

Just like Treacy and Lobb draw a tall away from Tabs most of the time so he can be one on one inside fifty, Walters just standing in the forward line pulls an opponent away from the stoppage to guard him.

He is too talented.
Walters has the smarts and skills to slice through the play, opening the game up in alchemical ways. He's a bit down on form at the moment with his sputtering lead in to the pre-season and season (op & injury). But absolutely worth having it there.

I tends to think way too much is being made of his "crafty" approach to contests and it's become a bit of an overblown narrative. An umpire who's doing their job decently wouldn't let that narrative affect their decision making.

Treacy has to do more than play decoy for Tabs and Lobb. It’s not like Tabs got 4 goals by one on one contested possession. 2 goals from a quick handball and bullet kick by Colyer and another goal from a kick by Walters.

Personally, I think quick ball movement and speed is the way to beat the Eagles.
Ryan, Serong and Young took around 5 games to look comfortable at the level. He's a first year KPF, he'll take a little bit to get going.

I think honouring leads is the key to beating the Eagles. It makes a good case for Sturt actually. If you can do it at speed then yes, that would go a long way.

Yeah but the midfield was asleep for 3 quarters. He's a second game KPF, not sure what your expecting. We are a young team and we need him in there as much for team balance and his development.

Yeah but the midfield was asleep for 3 quarters. He's a second game KPF, not sure what your expecting. We are a young team and we need him in there as much for team balance and his development.

At the end of the day I’m big fan of Sturt and he was dropped after one game back and he’s a 5 game player...

Walters role as the full forward goal sneak is pretty much done with his current fitness, strength levels. There is no second or third efforts anymore and he is on an umpire blacklist for appealing for the free when he doesn't get clean possession. Zero defensive capability or tackles. Leave that to the Shultz/Swittas of the team now.

However his link up play from the middle/half forward is dangerous. He is a good lead up forward around the 50m mark and then he turns and delivers with precision on his left (the Schultz goal being a great example).

Structure is very important in footy and for once we are finally showing some forward of the ball.

I'd like Sturt in aswell but until Colyer has a dud game Sturt will bids his time imo, he doesn't have the height that Treacy brings, the opposition could stick a small on Sturt and let their third tall float between tab and lobb, with Treacy that's not possible

Structure is very important in footy and for once we are finally showing some forward of the ball.

I'd like Sturt in aswell but until Colyer has a dud game Sturt will bids his time imo, he doesn't have the height that Treacy brings, the opposition could stick a small on Sturt and let their third tall float between tab and lobb, with Treacy that's not possible
I’m not sure they could stick a small on Sturt, he’d crucify them. Personally think Sturt would add just as much structure.

I personally think Sturt would likely give more than Treacy now he has 3 games of footy under his belt but it’s a pretty close call. I reckon the differential in the decision would be what’s best development wise for both. Some weeks in Peel might be best for Treacy sooner or later

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we expecting an update on Cerra today or will we be waiting on the rivetting two minutes of Tuesday afternoon video that is the injury nees

Are we expecting an update on Cerra today or will we be waiting on the rivetting two minutes of Tuesday afternoon video that is the injury nees
The away game and being Sunday means we've got no chance of getting info on Cerra today IMO.

You'll know the result on Cerra before opening the video depending on who's doing the update in the thumbnail

Fair enough, also think the match committee should have given Sturt another consecutive game too.

Meh, the more I argue for Sturt the more it looks like I’m dogging a second gamer. I’ll leave it at that.

We gave Tabs 7 years. Reckon we could give Treacy 3 games.
No one (not me anyway) is writing him off, and Tabs definitely played a fair bit for Peel in those 7 years. The same logic applies to Sturt who got 1 game...

Anyway, its just fantastic we are starting to see some options up there. Sturt and Switta have a case to be in the team on talent / output alone and we have Henry and Western who can develop properly in the WAFL

Fair enough, also think the match committee should have given Sturt another consecutive game too.

Meh, the more I argue for Sturt the more it looks like I’m dogging a second gamer. I’ll leave it at that.
Dont do that to me Wilksyy

Honestly, have you seen North this season? They’re so bad and missing some good players.

I will get ahead of myself.

Freo by 50 minimum. The only reason they lost by 30 yesterday was that they ran into a deplorable Geelong. Geelong should’ve won by 10 goals.
Freo should have beat gws by 50+. Only inaccuracy stopped em. Same thing will probably happen here.

No one (not me anyway) is writing him off, and Tabs definitely played a fair bit for Peel in those 7 years. The same logic applies to Sturt who got 1 game...

Anyway, its just fantastic we are starting to see some options up there. Sturt and Switta have a case to be in the team on talent / output alone and we have Henry and Western who can develop properly in the WAFL
Yeah I know. I want Sturt in as well. But I heard he still wasn't looking 100% on the weekend - which made me feel much better about him being dropped after 1 game - think he was only brought in because we had no-one else available. Don't think we'll be waiting too long before he earns his way back in. Trying to be patient about Sturt, Henry and Western. Lots of speed and class to look forward to. Hate the Switta injury - was tracking very nicely. Have no idea which smalls we let go at the end of the year now.

Novel idea, but we should play whatever player the match committee thinks will give us the best chance of winning the game.
Both are highly valued by the club I don’t think it’s a case of hurting anyone’s feelings by dropping them or leaving them out again.

Walters high half forward kicking into the forward line seems to work OK
Think Walters is a victim of
A) Past performance (which most super ads will tell you is not a good indicator of future performance)
B) Diving which is one of the few things will turn a supporter base against you

Even on current output he’s best 22 and the current output should be the minimal we can expect from him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back