Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

No one (not me anyway) is writing him off, and Tabs definitely played a fair bit for Peel in those 7 years. The same logic applies to Sturt who got 1 game...

Anyway, its just fantastic we are starting to see some options up there. Sturt and Switta have a case to be in the team on talent / output alone and we have Henry and Western who can develop properly in the WAFL
We’ve always had options, they just haven’t been any good.

I one change I reckon - someone in for Cerra. Keep the winning team going.

Crowden should come in. Tucker and Sturt to have more time in WAFL.

As an aside, I really hope the boys dont drop their guard against North on Saturday. If they are off by 5% they will lose and they cannot afford to drop this game.

The more I think about it the more I like Treacy staying in, give him a 5 game stretch and if he's not performing then he goes back to wafl with a better understanding of AFL footy, look how well it's paid off for Meek, he dominated on the weekend.

Taberner got early games for us and looked not upto it but then he took that and went to Peel and was the best key forward at Wafl level.

Treacy must stay for atleast a couple more games

Blakely in for Cerra. Just go the like for like and bring in the midfielder.
Lol, this sentence is irrational, Cerra and Blakely would be two of the most dissimilar players on the list. Did you just see they are both mids and assume they were the same?
Blakely is a great ball winner, poor distributor, Cerra is a good ball winner and great distributor. Tbh, there is no like for like that isn't in the team already.

Watching the Kayo mini of Geelong v North. Selwood smashes into Hall after the kick and Hall wasn’t awarded a downfield free. Actually pissed me off because it was far worse than what Brayshaw did against Carlton last season.

Anyways, why wasn’t LDU playing? Phillips and Powell did some good things and look promising. For all the s**t North get I would rather their list than Hawthorns.

Watching the Kayo mini of Geelong v North. Selwood smashes into Hall after the kick and Hall wasn’t awarded a downfield free. Actually pissed me off because it was far worse than what Brayshaw did against Carlton last season.

Anyways, why wasn’t LDU playing? Phillips and Powell did some good things and look promising. For all the sh*t North get I would rather their list than Hawthorns.
Not that it matters, it wasn't Selwood, it was Duncan.

My preferred move is Crowden in and into the midfield. Hard at it and good user of the ball given time. Wasted at half forward. Treacy to stay, needs at least 4 /5 games to settle in. Walters is needed forward in the most dysfunctional forward line in the league.
Why bring back Blakely unless he has resolved his huge issues with disposal, in todays game you just cannot afford to have players who cough up the ball constantly. Love how he gets it just not his disposal by hand and foot. Hughes is the same. In fact i would consider a move to the wing for Hughes given his athleticism.

My preferred move is Crowden in and into the midfield. Hard at it and good user of the ball given time. Wasted at half forward. Treacy to stay, needs at least 4 /5 games to settle in. Walters is needed forward in the most dysfunctional forward line in the league.
Why bring back Blakely unless he has resolved his huge issues with disposal, in todays game you just cannot afford to have players who cough up the ball constantly. Love how he gets it just not his disposal by hand and foot. Hughes is the same. In fact i would consider a move to the wing for Hughes given his athleticism.
568v9s.jpg

Got to disagree with him being wasted at half forward. Brings great pressure (we got a goal a few minutes after he came on because of this), and is actually pretty handy in front of goal. North like to try and run it out of defense, if we can force them to kick to a contest we've a good shot of living in the forward 50 for 75% of the game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyways, why wasn’t LDU playing? Phillips and Powell did some good things and look promising. For all the sh*t North get I would rather their list than Hawthorns.
Probably got leather poisoning from all those possessions... amirite yyou? Seriously though, it was a calf. I think they said he'll play this week.

Calf injury or something like that?
Yeah.

Blakely's kicking has been better this season. I personally, would like an inside mid to come in, in case Brayshaw get's tagged again and Serong has another quiet one. Mundy and Fyfe can't do it all, that's like the old day's.
Walters was good after quarter time playing high half forward and we don't want him anywhere near the bsckline with the mistakes he makes as a midfielder. If Tucker isn't ready then Blakely for me. Not sure about Crowden in that role as a serious option. He was pretty poor the last time he played there iirc. I'd like to see him develop that area though.

On another note Buckley must be on his way out from collingwood wouldn’t mind seeing him helping his old mate JLo as an assistant...
The way he has thrown players under the bus like Mayne, Treloar and Stephenson?

No thanks.

I actually still can't believe how he spoke about Mayne in his first season at the club.

Blakely's kicking has been better this season. I personally, would like an inside mid to come in, in case Brayshaw get's tagged again and Serong has another quiet one. Mundy and Fyfe can't do it all, that's like the old day's.
Walters was good after quarter time playing high half forward and we don't want him anywhere near the bsckline with the mistakes he makes as a midfielder. If Tucker isn't ready then Blakely for me. Not sure about Crowden in that role as a serious option. He was pretty poor the last time he played there iirc. I'd like to see him develop that area though.
Did you listen to the radio covering the Peel game on the weekend? If so, and you trust the commentators a tiny bit, then you would not be wanting Blakely in.

Wait and see the extent of Cerra’s injury but it’ll most likely be a week at least.

Out: Cerra
In: Crowden, Watson (sub)

Tucker and Sturt get another week in the WAFL to build while Treacy kicks a bag against the Roos.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back