Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs North Melbourne + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Team, with the game day thread only a few hours away and the sensitive nature of the topic, we are going to let this thread discuss all things do to with the game AND accept the fact not discussing politics would be difficult in this situation.

We will be lenient on political talk, however, it does not mean we’ll allow shitty twitter opinion posts from any South American fluffy horse-like creatures and it does not mean you can degrade / be rude to other posters (sarcastic or otherwise).

Now let’s all go enjoy the fact it is a long weekend discriminating variant and we can do essentially whatever we want tonight

Ya mods
Snuffaluphagus, BeinPurplenGreen, Tonga Bob

A game like this actually shows our improvement as much as games against better opponents. This is a real mental challenge as much as anything & we will need to show great patience as I think Norf will set up to restrict the damage & try to stay in the game for as long as possible.

We’re going to have hit our targets going forward cause they will set up behind the ball & try to create scoring opportunities from there. Fast ball movement & early turnovers will be the key to breaking them down, along with a much better centre clearance percentage than last week, because for the first half last week it was crap.

Treacy was kicking set shots from outside 50 in that Peel scratchie a few weeks back, from memory. They were travelling through comfortably with distance to spare.
He got a couple of similar chances the other day and dropped one well short and didn’t even take the other on.
As an aside, when was the last time a Freo player kicked a goal from a set shot outside the 50m arc?
On Sunday .. Sean Darcy.

If we lose to Norf this board will go feral 🐗. That rookie Tonga Bob might even get to break out his banzhammer for its first use...
Bringing the big guns out for the first time for the Len Hall would be final scene from Gallipoli areas.

What are your legs, melters?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like it how autocorrect serves mostly to change you from being seen as unable to spell to a pain idiot.
Especially when people also like pendants.

Beautiful kick from Sean on both occasions. Great weapon to be exposed at AFL level that he can still donk them from outside fifty in the fourth quarter.

It's a pity we're playing them so early in the season at home. Later in the year with a few injuries and getting tired it'll be a string of 100 point floggings.

I expect them to park the bus like Hawthorn did in the 2020 fixture and try and limit the damage. Hopefully we're better able to break them down than we were in that game.

Is this the first game this season that we've gone in as favourites?
No but this is the first time the majority of AFL 'experts' have picked us to win. Does not bode well due to the word experts needing parentheses :)

Rd 1 Melb 11-1 against
Rd 2 GWS 9-3 against
Rd 3 Carlton 8-4 against
Rd 4 Hawthorn 6-6
Rd 5 Adelaide 9-3 against
Rd 6 North 12-0 for

No but this is the first time the majority of AFL 'experts' have picked us to win. Does not bode well due to the word experts needing parentheses :)

Rd 1 Melb 11-1 against
Rd 2 GWS 9-3 against
Rd 3 Carlton 8-4 against
Rd 4 Hawthorn 6-6
Rd 5 Adelaide 9-3 against
Rd 6 North 12-0 for
Geez that Hawthorn one shits me more than any other, glad 6 muppets got that one wrong

Geez that Hawthorn one shits me more than any other, glad 6 muppets got that one wrong
Wonder how many of the 4 that went for us vs Carlton are part of the 6 that went against us vs Hawthorn?

Degenerate warning:

The Adelaide game was the first away match that the lines swung in a favour on game day. Initially we were at 2.25 but went down to 2.05 or so by game time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back