Prediction Changes: Round 6 Vs St Kilda + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Blakely is so far behind the pecking order. Even a hamstrung Fyfe is preferred to him. Acres is now ahead.
Says something about our terrible coach then. Amazing how we've gone backwards under him versus Lyon.

Fyfe and Acres in is immense and a boon to our midfield that started to function a tad better last week.

Cox back to help in defence, still undermanned though. Does it make any structural sense dropping Duman?

Colyer.. Blegh. But he was a late out due to illness, I kind of saw this coming.

He's training with the midfield group. Lyon used him back. Seems Lyon didn't rate him midfield either. Seems like a side-wise move, not going backwards.
I meant the entire team has gone backward under Longmuir. We're even less attacking somehow..

Says something about our terrible coach then. Amazing how we've gone backwards under him versus Lyon.
Being a Freo supporter is summed up by the club giving you ammunition to have nearly 40k posts, and there's probably like 3 positive ones in the lot

Last edited:
Honestly, while I'm not 100% across who

Being a Freo supporter is summed up by the club giving you ammunition to have nearly 40k posts, and there's probably like 3 positive ones in the lot
Well that's a lie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I meant the entire team has gone backward under Longmuir. We're even less attacking somehow..
We are only less attacking from deep in defense but attempting to be more attacking further up the ground. It was to stop us getting hurt so much on the rebound. The slower ball movement will dissipate, I assume, when the players get more used to the system and the ball ends up in the hands of safer kicks. It is going to take a while.

We are only less attacking from deep in defense but attempting to be more attacking further up the ground. It was to stop us getting hurt so much on the rebound. The slower ball movement will dissipate, I assume, when the players get more used to the system and the ball ends up in the hands of safer kicks. It is going to take a while.

Who are these safer kicks and were have they been hiding?

Who are these safer kicks and were have they been hiding?
Young for instance. Usually Ryan, but he is tied up playing a stopping role. Wilson at his best. Logue when he is third tall in the future and whoever else we recruit to play down there. Guys like Cerra and Aish are also good further up the ground.

edit Sturt

I didnt want Ross either, but we went with a silly decision that small clubs like us make all the time. Going for the favourite son rather than an actual good coach.

I like Rhys Shaw the most of the new coaches and if he was 1-4 here the knives would all be out. It's only cos JLo is from Freo that he's still the golden child.

Who would the people who don't believe in Longmuir have actually picked to be a coach? Sumich had been turned down been numerous clubs so there's the obvious reason not to go with him. Solomon didn't have enough experience yet under his belt to be coach. Rawlings would have been interesting and I wouldn't have minded him. But from all reports by West Coast and Collingwood he was great around both clubs, he was credited for fixing Collingwood's defence. I think the guy had enough credentials to be coach.

Bewley has been fine in his role and last week was one of his better games given his defensive work. He does lack agility and has missed a few targets but overall he’s been decent on the wing.

Colyer I’m not so sure about as his speed is an asset but only if he can take the ball cleanly and execute his skills which has been his major issues.

Perfect role for Liam Henry when he’s available and would’ve even preferred Crowden this week given his performance round 1 was decent and he obviously performed well in last weeks scratch match.

Still going to come down to our midfield standing up and getting on top in the clearances and we have our best mix this week with Darcy, Fyfe, Mundy, Brayshaw, Tucker, Walters, Cerra going through there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back