Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast Eagles + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The Federal sites that McGowan keep citing have already been ruled out because they're not suitable for isolation and containment. If someone in one of those places tests positive everyone there would get it.
There are a multitude of offshore options .

if we are talking hotels here's one :

There's Currently hundreds of 4-5 star hotels sitting empty in Bali and as far as I know Indonesia's international borders are open
Why couldn't the government set these up as Quarantine hubs and route all travellers through them .
They only touch Australian soil once they have been tested multiple times and given the all clear .
Economic benefit to Indonesia as well . If someone is exhibiting severe symptoms it's a 3 hour flight to Perth .

If they don't like that send em to a *en mining camp in the Pilbara , plenty of isolation there and 2 weeks wouldn't kill them . I lived in them for years .
I feel that there is a constitutional case here whereby a handful of returning internationals are slowly sending our country broke and into turmoil.

There's Currently hundreds of 4-5 star hotels sitting empty in Bali and as far as I know Indonesia's international borders are open
Why couldn't the government set these up as Quarantine hubs and route all travellers through them .
They only touch Australian soil once they have been tested multiple times and given the all clear .
Economic benefit to Indonesia as well . If someone is exhibiting severe symptoms it's a 3 hour flight to Perth .

If they don't like that send em to a fu**en mining camp in the Pilbara , plenty of isolation there and 2 weeks wouldn't kill them . I lived in them for years .
I feel that there is a constitutional case here whereby a handful of returning internationals are slowly sending our country broke and into turmoil.
This all a federal responsibility, and we know that Scotty has stepped aside and put all the onus on the states.

If they don't like that send em to a fu**en mining camp in the Pilbara , plenty of isolation there and 2 weeks wouldn't kill them . I lived in them for years .
So many things wrong with that suggestion. And it begins with that there are currently zero international flights into Bali. Quarantine would be in Jakarta, which does have designated hotels and limited international flights.

Indonesia will be doing everything it can to not end up in a similar situation as India. It has limited vaccines, inadequate hospital facilities, poor testing and contact tracing, and significant economic and cultural issues that could facilitate rapid escalation of COVID-19 spread.

Australia can handle this, and is doing fine.

Treacy could not have played this week. There are 40+ ultra competitive young men vying for 22 spots. You can't play a guy that has had three chances and ****ed them all up without fracturing morale in the squad.
Crowden can consider himself very lucky for the same reason, last chance saloon Mitch

Treacy could not have played this week. There are 40+ ultra competitive young men vying for 22 spots. You can't play a guy that has had three chances and f’ed them all up without fracturing morale in the squad.
Crowden can consider himself very lucky for the same reason, last chance saloon Mitch
gonna rupture some *ing speens this week fk yeah hope he goes for gaff

Talk about big wins, 10 goal wins to get into top 4..

We might be a passionate fan base, but not very cluey.

There's enough talent in their fwd half alone to cause us issues even with limited entries. They've got a maniac in the ruck who will hurt people tomorrow. I've got them winning by 10 points. Freo supporters have been acting like carltons after rd 3.

So many things wrong with that suggestion. And it begins with that there are currently zero international flights into Bali. Quarantine would be in Jakarta, which does have designated hotels and limited international flights.

Indonesia will be doing everything it can to not end up in a similar situation as India. It has limited vaccines, inadequate hospital facilities, poor testing and contact tracing, and significant economic and cultural issues that could facilitate rapid escalation of COVID-19 spread.

Australia can handle this, and is doing fine.

You've only focussed on part of my gripe .

Last I heard they were open for business from other countries .

Anyway my point is there has got to be somewhere offshore that these people can go to.
So you are honestly saying that you think the hotel quarantine thing is working ?
It was ok at the beginning when we weren't prepared , but we have known that this was a worldwide pandemic that would last for years.

Hell If we absolutely have to bring them onshore I could have built a fit for purpose facility in 12 months on the outskirts of a City no worries, and the government could have used it as a job creating stimulus .
The point is this hotel thing is ridiculous and is only going to get worse with 8000 people from India alone banging at the door .

You've only focussed on part of my gripe .

Last I heard they were open for business from other countries .

Anyway my point is there has got to be somewhere offshore that these people can go to.
So you are honestly saying that you think the hotel quarantine thing is working ?
It was ok at the beginning when we weren't prepared , but we have known that this was a worldwide pandemic that would last for years.

Hell If we absolutely have to bring them onshore I could have built a fit for purpose facility in 12 months on the outskirts of a City no worries, and the government could have used it as a job creating stimulus .
The point is this hotel thing is ridiculous and is only going to get worse with 8000 people from India alone banging at the door .
Yes I was only focused on that comment of yours. Quite happy for people to air their gripes, but it really is a problem Australia has to deal with, and mostly that means vaccinations. Bali/indonesia would be a problematic attempt at a solution.

The Federal sites that McGowan keep citing have already been ruled out because they're not suitable for isolation and containment. If someone in one of those places tests positive everyone there would get it.
Based on the assumption they were run as they are now with no modifications. The feds are full of s**t, you can make the same argument about hotels! They aren't designed for this purpose either. This statement you've repeated is just bollocks that the federal government are using to renege their responsibility under the constitution.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe we could put them where we are hiding Valente

Anyway this is the thread for those discussions

Based on the assumption they were run as they are now with no modifications. The feds are full of sh*t, you can make the same argument about hotels! They aren't designed for this purpose either. This statement you've repeated is just bollocks that the federal government are using to renege their responsibility under the constitution.
Thank You
We are on the same page 👊

Kind of hate that this has hijacked the Derby thread but JFC I am losing my mind as to how incompetent the federal government have been in the management of this .

There's enough talent in their fwd half alone to cause us issues even with limited entries. They've got a maniac in the ruck who will hurt people tomorrow. I've got them winning by 10 points. Freo supporters have been acting like carltons after rd 3.
They sound like Carlton fans and you sound like an Eagles one. Who are you to call them not very cluey? Surely we'll have some optimistic and pessimistic supporters like any fan base.

On Pixel 4a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Seriously with all of the players they have out if we don't win tomorrow we wont beat them for another 3 - 4 years. They have virtually their entire backline out except for Sheppard with also Yeo, Shuey and Ryan out and Kennedy on one leg and Cripps and Kelly very sore. We have Ryan and Young only out of our best 22 (I am not counting Pearce or Hamling as they have played so little in the last 2 seasons). We have no more excuses, we need to get the monkey off our backs.

Treacy could not have played this week. There are 40+ ultra competitive young men vying for 22 spots. You can't play a guy that has had three chances and f’ed them all up without fracturing morale in the squad.
Wouldn't immediately injecting Darcy Tucker into the squad after he has trained himself into good health also direct the wrong message to the playing group? Eg. It matters not how vigorously you train, or whether you tirelessly hone your skills, as there are certain members of the team who needn't prove such things, and are simply selected on name.

Wouldn't immediately injecting Darcy Tucker into the squad after he has trained himself into good health also direct the wrong message to the playing group? Eg. It matters not how vigorously you train, or whether you tirelessly hone your skills, as there are certain members of the team who needn't prove such things, and are simply selected on name.
Giving someone a chance for their first game of the year doesn't seem the same as giving them a fourth chance after failing three times

Remove this Banner Ad

Back