Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast + Pre-match discussion

sherrif

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2012
AFL Club
Fremantle
For Meek to debut against NotACluey would be a bit rough - the guy is a thug and if he was losing would just "take him out "

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Nah. I think Meek will go well. Its not going on a lot because there isn't much info available on any player in terms of form in practice matches where it is 16 a side. But he looks o be jumping well and getting heaps of positive reports in the last two games against the Gold Coast and Adelaide reserve teams.

Jan 18, 2002
A bay at Rotto
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Rottnest
I dunno whether we have it in us to get this one done given the quality we’re going to be missing.

kennedy and Darling aren’t young rookies. And Nic Nat ain’t Rowan Marshall.
out forward will struggle against Barrass and McGivern too

Ah, Kennedy is a geriatric front runner, Darling is walking advertisement for a an incontinance company, McGovern & Nic Nat are fat and lazy. Am I doing this right ?.

Maybe we need to harness our mosquito power.

ozzie69

All Australian
Jun 28, 2013
Sydney
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ah, Kennedy is a geriatric front runner, Darling is walking advertisement for a an incontinance company, McGovern & Nic Nat are fat and lazy. Am I doing this right ?.

Maybe we need to harness our mosquito power.
Perhaps O'Brien's mistaken tweet last week is on the money. If we can run NicNat around and get him to blow up, he will be ineffective. This will be on either Darcy or Meek.
If Logue gets up, he can shut down ol' man JK, and Ryan/Duman can repeat the dose they served up on Max King to Darling.
Fyfe can sit at FF again and we might be able to shut the budgee media up for a while.
So let's all hope for Logue and Darcy.

On SM-T825Y using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ysaye

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
My worry for some time with the Eagles has not been their forwards or NicNat (although I respect that they are good) or the midfield (which is okay) but McGovern; he regularly carves us up on the counterattack for us kicking it aimlessly into the forward fifty. And if we aimlessly launch kicks in there again, well.....

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
For Meek to debut against NotACluey would be a bit rough - the guy is a thug and if he was losing would just "take him out "

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Meh. Nicnat is lazy as around the ground. He’s unfit and doesn’t run both ways. Lobb and Meek will battle well. Just have to position ourselves defensively against Nicnat

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Perhaps O'Brien's mistaken tweet last week is on the money. If we can run NicNat around and get him to blow up, he will be ineffective. This will be on either Darcy or Meek.
If Logue gets up, he can shut down ol' man JK, and Ryan/Duman can repeat the dose they served up on Max King to Darling.
Fyfe can sit at FF again and we might be able to shut the budgee media up for a while.
So let's all hope for Logue and Darcy.

On SM-T825Y using BigFooty.com mobile app
Hughes has been effective on Jacky Brownpants before.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
Outs will probably be:

Fyfe (Hamstring)

Serong (Foot)

Young (Ankle)

Hughes (Hip)

Darcy (Concussion.)

Lobb (Hamstring)

Heart Of Purple

All Australian
Mar 26, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
My worry for some time with the Eagles has not been their forwards or NicNat (although I respect that they are good) or the midfield (which is okay) but McGovern; he regularly carves us up on the counterattack for us kicking it aimlessly into the forward fifty. And if we aimlessly launch kicks in there again, well.....
When full fit we've got a forward line that demands a lot more respect in the air now. Each of Tabs, Lobb and Hogan could really get on a role against Mcgovern if he zones off. Having said that, Hogan's injury does make that a bit harder. Fyfe to FF would certainly command a lot more respect and I'd suspect he has the game sense to stop Jeremy marking/move others into the right spots. He does however seem to get caught too deep when at FF a bit and not making it to the drop of the ball (makes sense when he's playing there for a rest and trying to isolate deep but not as a primary FF) - I'd be really interested to see if this improves after spending more time there.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Didn't jl coach mcgovern. I'm sure jl will have some cryptonite in his duffle bag.

StingBitten

The Midland Steal
May 31, 2012
Bayswater
AFL Club
Fremantle
Impossible to pick the outs this week, literally could lose just 1 or 2 or drop another 7 players.

In terms of ins, according to the GC scratch match report the standouts were Frederick, Meek and McCarthy - and honorable mentions to Blakely, Valente, North and Crowden.

I'd say Meek must be close if Darcy is out and almost a certainty if Lobb is out too.

McCarthy has played Optus fairly well at times and could be handy as some of our forwards have been getting better delivery inside 50 from our mids, that's not something that McCarthy had the benefit of the last couple of years.

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Impossible to pick the outs this week, literally could lose just 1 or 2 or drop another 7 players.

In terms of ins, according to the GC scratch match report the standouts were Frederick, Meek and McCarthy - and honorable mentions to Blakely, Valente, North and Crowden.

I'd say Meek must be close if Darcy is out and almost a certainty if Lobb is out too.

McCarthy has played Optus fairly well at times and could be handy as some of our forwards have been getting better delivery inside 50 from our mids, that's not something that McCarthy had the benefit of the last couple of years.
I just want Dardy to get a nice long run as a 3rd tall forward. If he can, he'll finally live up to his potential that we'd hoped for.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City
WC will be disappointed that we played our grand final before we played against them this year.

Cesoir

Club Legend
Feb 11, 2019
Cairns
AFL Club
Fremantle
Lot of possible ins & outs this week.
We looked pretty battered post game st kilda.
Could be without lob, darcy, walters & fyfe..be nice to get logue back but 0 ruck & our 2 best players are huge losses..
Come on down.... Lloyd Meek!

1594617886086.png

Apr 10, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
AFC Wimbledon
Lot of possible ins & outs this week.
We looked pretty battered post game st kilda.
Could be without lob, darcy, walters & fyfe..be nice to get logue back but 0 ruck & our 2 best players are huge losses..

Or we could keep all them, Young and get back Sturt, Cox and/or Logue although that would take all the good-news-inury-karma that Freo is owed for the last 26 years.

Just hoping we get a decent midground that allows us to put together something competitive.

Back