Prediction Changes: Round 7 Vs West Coast + Pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Out- Fyfe Young Banfield/Colyer
In - Cox Blakely Frederick
I’d love to see Frederick get a run in place of Colyer or Banfield. I know he was drafted as more of a winger but his draft highlights show some serious skill around the goals and his ceiling is potentially a lot higher than the two he may replace.

Yeah I'd bring Fredericks in, * it. You can't beat west coast without your midfielders kicking goals, their defence is too good and they won't bat an eyelid if we throw Cam at them. Just give Fredericks his head and tell him to have a go for something different.

Out Young, Fyfe
In Cox, Fredericks

As long as Darcy can have a presence we will have a chance in this game. Eagles are not in any glowing form at the moment.

Kick the ball on the ground into their forward line, take away their preferred aerial dominance in the backline. Their attack relies on it.

We are so f’ed.

It would be a win for the ages if we got up.

Yep, we are down on our class players, but thus it makes us unpredictable.

The opposition is unsure who goes where, thus Schultz "pinballs" around the forward line, Colyer zips around dropping HJ vouchers here and there, Darcy "clips" a palm tree etc.

You never know, unless you have a go.

As long as Darcy can have a presence we will have a chance in this game. Eagles are not in any glowing form at the moment.

Kick the ball on the ground into their forward line, take away their preferred aerial dominance in the backline. Their attack relies on it.

I assume you mean "our forward line".

Port played ugly footy against West Coast and upset their delicate little applecart of sweet ball movement and aerial dominance by just ******* moving it forward whatever way possible, banging it along the deck and being as aggressive as possible.

Of course, we have spent the last little bit of while practising how to be West Coast; it's very Fremantle to finally get to being the most efficient team by foot in the competition and find it's actually better to just Tassie devil yourself into a mad scramble of chaotic movement.

Their defence is good on paper, but I've seen glimpses of it being cracked wallpaper.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really don’t like what the Dockers have done here.
Fyfe was clearly underdone last week. Everyone and their dog knew it. Now he’s out again for at least a month...
Either it’s another Weber special and they’ve failed us there AGAIN, or they’ve been very sneaky.
They make us believe Fyfe is all good All week, and then AFTER everyone’s bought tickets to the game this weekend then all of a sudden oops he’s out for a few weeks.

I’d be livid if I was someone who was lucky enough to buy tickets (wasn’t even given a chance being a budget range member).

I really don’t like what the Dockers have done here.
Fyfe was clearly underdone last week. Everyone and their dog knew it. Now he’s out again for at least a month...
Either it’s another Weber special and they’ve failed us there AGAIN, or they’ve been very sneaky.
They make us believe Fyfe is all good All week, and then AFTER everyone’s bought tickets to the game this weekend then all of a sudden oops he’s out for a few weeks.

I’d be livid if I was someone who was lucky enough to buy tickets (wasn’t even given a chance being a budget range member).

30k capacity I’m not sure how many ppl have had to buy tickets either. Not even Ticketmaster took a slice when I booked my tickets which cost $0.

Waiting for team announcement "Who's in the mix?
Can't see any mention of Liam Henry, been nearly a year after his patella dislocation.
Is Dardy only considered a wing man now?

Brennan Cox
The 195cm defender was given until the last minute to play against St Kilda but was ultimately withdrawn as he recovers from his hip flexor injury. Cox is a test again against West Coast and appeared to get through training well on Thursday. Cox last played against Port Adelaide in round three where he had 15 disposals and five marks.

Michael Frederick
The 20-year-old could be in line for a debut after his three-goal performance in the scratch match against Gold Coast. With captain Nat Fyfe ruled out of the clash, Frederick could come in on the wing, freeing Blake Acres to switch to an inside midfield role. Taken at no.61 in the 2019 NAB AFL National Draft, Frederick’s only taste at the top level is his Marsh Series appearance against Carlton, where he had four disposals and two marks with limited game time.

Cam McCarthy
The forward/midfielder may also be in line for selection if a space opens up on the wing. McCarthy stood out in the first half against Gold Coast and kicked two goals. While he’s shown he can play forward at AFL level, McCarthy has given glimpses of what he can do on the wing with his ability to hit targets on the run.

Lloyd Meek
The ruckman has continued to string good performances together in Fremantle’s scratch matches, playing as the lone ruck in the past fortnight and staying strong in the contest throughout all four quarters of both games. Against Gold Coast, Meek also impressed with his ability to take marks and impact contests around the ground. Meek will come into consideration if Sean Darcy doesn’t pass his concussion test and misses selection, however Justin Longmuir may also opt to use Rory Lobb in the ruck in that scenario.

Connor Blakely
Blakely was one of Fremantle’s stronger midfielders in a scratch match for non-selected players against Gold Coast last Friday. He played the first half before coming off so he could stay fresh in case he came in as an emergency for the AFL game against St Kilda. Blakely is yet to play a game in 2020 but has been one of a number of midfielders in contention for selection since the season re-started.

Tobe Watson
Like Frederick, Tobe Watson could be in line for a debut. With Cox listed as a test, the 190cm defender may be called upon to step into Freo’s backline if Cox doesn’t play. The 22-year-old has shown good form in the past fortnight in Freo’s scratch matches against Gold Coast and Adelaide.

Brandon Matera
Matera has kicked a goal in all three AFL appearances this year from rounds two to four. After his omission for round five, Matera performed well in the scratch matches with goals against Adelaide and Gold Coast.

Jarvis Pina
The small defender was one of the standouts in Fremantle’s scratch match against Gold Coast. Pina was composed and showed his leadership in the clash. The 19-year-old was taken in the 2019 NAB AFL Rookie Draft but may need more time playing in the 'reserves' before he’s given the call up.

Mitch Crowden
After playing in round one, Mitch Crowden hasn't played since the AFL resumed following the shutdown. The tough midfielder is renowned for his tackle pressure, which has been on show in Freo's scratch matches. Crowden was arguably Freo's best midfielder against Adelaide a fortnight ago and backed it up with a solid performance against Gold Coast.

Henry played his first scratchie last weekend happy to see him given more time.

If Darcy needs more time Meek debuts, ditto Cox and Watson, would also be happy to see either Valente or Pina.

Despite the unravelling injury travesty that is our football club I'm thrilled with some of those possible debutants - Frederick, Watson and Meek. And of course the possibility of a Blakely return.

I think Meek may surprise most if Darcy/Lobb don't pull up, I think Frederick may make an immediate impact, and Watson could really be anything at present. Blakely has so much to prove.

Just hope it's not Matera, wouldn't make any structural sense as he could only really come in for Schulz or Colyer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back