12 touches at 58%DE
2 contested
164 metres gained
1 tackle
2 turnovers
0 inside 50's

Also had a speccy taken on his head.

Inspiring stuff. Club legend :toilet:
Like Venables he started ok then disappeared. The time draws near.

ROYAL EAGLE

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 21, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Cole was alright tonight.
Duggan wasn't, he was very poor not a AFL standard from him
Since he has come back from his knee injury he has been poor

Rotham should come in for Dugaan, Rotham can play Duggan's role better than him at the moment

Bring in Ah Chee for Masten

Drop Oscar Allan and bring in Matt Allen

Cripps is running on top of ground he is where Yeo was three weeks ago trying to find his match fitness after missing most of preseason

So we probably persist with him
Venables is another that doesn't offer a lot

But problem bringing in AhChee and Matt Allen is both play as central midfielders in the WAFL.
If they come in will be shoved to a flank or a wing where they are not as effective

Unless match committee make a decision to change the midfield rotations to let those two get
more midfield minutes
Which means Shuey and Yeo spend a few minutes at half forward or half back which i wouldn't mind.

Avalor

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2009
Jakarta
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth, Donnybrook, Chelsea
In: Hickey/Brooksby, Allan, Rotham

Out: Vardy, Masten, Venables

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

100% agree with this. Brooksby is a bull at the contest and would offer more than Vardy - did Vardy even take a mark tonight. Master does nothing much now and Venerables is only good for one quarter. I question Hutchings value too - we would be better served with another attacking midfielder.

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
Marsden

12 touches at 58%DE
2 contested
164 metres gained
1 tackle
2 turnovers
0 inside 50's

Also had a speccy taken on his head.

Inspiring stuff. Club legend :toilet:
The really telling thing at the ground though was that he was often out on his own calling for the ball and when whoever had the ball saw who it was, they looked for another option! Was almost feeling sorry for him.

Apr 10, 2011
south of the river
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham, 49ers & Scorchers
- Vardy
+ Hickey

Easiest change if fit.

Brooksby didn't impress me all that much live. But probably offers more than Vardy right now.

As a big Masto protector, tonight wasn't his best game but our outside WAFL mids aren't banging down the door. Josh Smith got 2 goals but was pretty bad besides that. Does Ah Chee have the tank? Waterman if fit could do it but then we might be too tall again. I'd leave Masten in for now.

Would love to juggle the team to fit Rotham/Waterman in. Allen did some good things tonight but needs to work on his set shots.

twinkletoes#17

Coaster
May 30, 2016
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The really telling thing at the ground though was that he was often out on his own calling for the ball and when whoever had the ball saw who it was, they looked for another option! Was almost feeling sorry for him.

Yes! Seemed to always be open at half back/wing for the switch but they hardly used him. Could be something to do with the fact that you can never be sure which team he is going to kick it to

Haha thought the exact same thing watching at the ground.

Saw Hurn blatantly look at Marsden at least twice and choose to kick the ball under pressure himself rather than link up with him.

Think Schofield and Cole burnt him as well from memory.

I too like to blame the outside player for getting in space and being repeatedly burned by teammates. I also like to then cite a low disposal count as proof that they’re not doing their job.

I mean the guy is deadset average but come on, being burned is now his fault as well?

Aug 1, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
- Vardy
+ Hickey

Easiest change if fit.

Brooksby didn't impress me all that much live. But probably offers more than Vardy right now.

As a big Masto protector, tonight wasn't his best game but our outside WAFL mids aren't banging down the door. Josh Smith got 2 goals but was pretty bad besides that. Does Ah Chee have the tank? Waterman if fit could do it but then we might be too tall again. I'd leave Masten in for now.

Would love to juggle the team to fit Rotham/Waterman in. Allen did some good things tonight but needs to work on his set shots.
Peter Wright ran more than Masten did today... He's clocking up much less km's than he has in previous years since the trackers have been public and is career low in just about everything. Smith will run more than masten if his "role" really is about that, but tbh his role is just "defensive wingman" which, isn't just about km's but also about the ability to occasionally lock the ball in and win an isolated contest - which he can't do. Ah chee is a good contested player and much better overhead and it's hard to see him tackling worse, or getting less ball than masten's 14 touches 3 contested.

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
1. Lost the ruck big time and Vardy sadly out of form
In - Hickey
Out- Vardy and if Hickey not good to go then Brooksby

2. Gaff is not our answer to the inside and Masten was rubbish tonight so Masten our and Gaff 100% wing and Redden to the other wing bringing MAllen in to the inside mid role
In - MAllen
Out - Masten

I would like more changes as Schofield looks past his best with decision making and execution. It might work with St skikda not playing tall to play Hurn FB and Rotham in.

Venables in the team and staying after pretty piss poor output means he is not being held to right level of accountability. I could accept Ah Chee for Venables but not that excited about it.

I came away thinking we are at least one A grade midfielder (inside) at least from competing.

Is it just me or this year is feeling like 2017?

Last edited:

Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Any proposed changes are going to be heavily dependent on fitness and on a fast deck at Marvel you don't want to be going in with a dicey hamstring/thigh. So being optimistic;

IN: Hickey/Brooksby, Waterman, Rotham, MAllen
OUT: Vardy, OAllen, Duggan, Mharsden.

I too like to blame the outside player for getting in space and being repeatedly burned by teammates. I also like to then cite a low disposal count as proof that they’re not doing their job.

I mean the guy is deadset average but come on, being burned is now his fault as well?

I'm more concerned about his lack of inside 50's than anything else.

We all know he's a spud unless he's getting the ball out in open space, but that simply isn't happening.

For all his "Gut busting" running, for which he wasn't in the top 5 in the ground for kilometres covered mind you, his DE was a very poor 58%.

So we're carrying an expert runner who's one saving grace is his endurance and foot skills, and yet his DE is poor and he's not delivering the ball inside 50.

So what exactly is the point?

Last edited:

Brave Sir Robin

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2008
AFL Club
West Coast
After today, well the last month really, I'm really not confident of winning next week.

So

Out: Somebody
In: Brander for a week

Back