Changes Round 8 v Saints

Jul 19, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Vardy was kinda awful. In terrible form.

So Hickey in for Vardy is a no brainer.

After that its a bunch of line balls. Basically dropping our worst couple (Venables, Masten) with other fringe players.

Want NN and Rioli back.

BeornJ

Premiership Player
Sep 17, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
In Hickey
Out Vardy

As dumb as it sounds after a performance like that. .... its not a personnel issue. We've got the right players in the team (until Rioli pushes Venables out), its just they are going missing for too long

twce13

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
it was a mistake to play vardy ahead of brooksby.

hickey/brooksby for vardy.

masten, venables, ollen are prob all in the gun.

Bacchus

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2008
Down South
AFL Club
West Coast
Out: Masten, Cole, Allen, Vardy
In: Smith, Rotham, Waterman, Hickey
Masten is a shocker, he has to go, no place for a goal celebrator who does nothing else, cannot even kick any more.

Heads won’t roll, back the boys in etc.

In: Hickey, Waterman
Out: Vardy, Allen

Ah Chee best on for the Beagles so possibly a chance, perhaps for Masten.

Would love to find a way to get Rotham in the side but I worry him for Cole makes us too tall.

Would kill for a small forward knocking the door down, given Cripps, Ryan and Venables are all doing sweet FA. Get well soon, Willie.

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Venables had 5 possessions in the first quarter, then 9 total for the game. There has to be a better option. After Ah Chee's game, he seems the obvious candidate (even if it has only been one good game for Ah Chee, Venables has had his chances and needs to develop in the twos).

Vardy, 4 possessions. A stick would be a better option. Obviously Hickey to replace if fit, if not, give Brooksby a chance.

I know MAllen had a quieter game possession wise (but tagged and got goals by reports) but I want him in the team. Not sure who for though. Masten most likely. I didn't think Masten was as terrible as others have made out but he isn't doing enough, can't impact a contest and we need to change something. All other mids had much better games.

Last edited:
Can’t help but feel we missed the boat in the MAllen debut window. I’m sure he was kept in the WAFL with a specific set of instructions, but when he cops a tag and has a somewhat quiet day at the Beagles it’s deflating, because if he wasn’t getting in off his last three weeks then he surely isn’t getting in off today’s Beagles effort.

Back