Remove this Banner Ad

Eagle Wrath

Cancelled
Zombie Lover
Oct 22, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Can i say LOL...

Bye Bye Masten...Last week Eagles twitter were adamant he has this superior role that noone else can do GTFO...

Rioli is back next week very unlikely for Masto Masto Man to come in with him too unless its injury forced. Even then id back in a WAFL mid.
We better win though or Mastern will be rushed back in.

Mar 11, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Bookmark this or screen shot it.

This selection by the MC IS WRONG.

Eagles will lose.

Placing $100 on saints

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not only will I bookmark it, I raise your poultry $100 bet and put $500 on WC to win.
The youngsters they’ve brought in this year all deserve their spots, Allen, Petrol and Waterman.
Masten out is well overdue but welcomed, and the midfield balance looks spot on.
In fact only 3 players off our best 22, Nic Nat, Rioli and Barrass.

Sep 10, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Not only will I bookmark it, I raise your poultry $100 bet and put $500 on WC to win.
The youngsters they’ve brought in this year all deserve their spots, Allen, Petrol and Waterman.
Masten out is well overdue but welcomed, and the midfield balance looks spot on.
In fact only 3 players off our best 22, Nic Nat, Rioli and Barrass.

Don’t chicken out on that poultry bet, Figgy!

Sep 12, 2013
10 min from Optus
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers Claremont
So Waterman - what can we expect?

Fat X commentating this year was saying Jake has put in a massive preseason in his endurance running. He also made a number of comments that his goals that he scored that were close to goals as being an outcome of gut running.

In the WAFL games I have seen him play, I would support his inclusion as a high half forward- and yes he was very good last year in his first 10 games.

Too tall - really not sure why people say that. We have 2 tall defenders, 2 tall forwards, a genuine ruck and a hybrid ruck/forward.

Jake is not a KPF - he is a half forward who is shorter than Fyfe, Lynch (Crow) and Mundy.

I really like the way he has gone back to WAFL and been close on our best player most weeks.

So we balance our team with an extra forward at the expense of a midfielder we try to force into being a forward. We also bring in a player who has made an impact in each game he has played since the Lions game at the expense of a player who is out of touch and who’s best match up each week is empty space.

numbat06

Club Legend
Jul 8, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Who does Rioli come in for next week?

A small like Venners or a tall like Allen/Waterman?

Will we drop Allen or Vardy for Hickey? Or stick with 2 rucks?

Our team make up will be very interesting over the next few weeks.
Rioli in for Venners
Hickey straight swap for Vardy, I think they'll stay with the one ruck+Allen backup option

Paltry.jpg

Astro7

Official Halftime Oranges Man
Aug 6, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
This site is so inclusive - a role model for the NRL perhaps.
One camp is sack Masten - the other we are to tall.
Now Waterman makes us to tall. He is listed as 1.91. This compares to average mids such as danger 1.87, Dusty1.98, Part Cripps 1.95 and Fyfe 1.9.
Our mids a too small to contest - Saints will be hell bent on winning the contested possession - to allow them to use pace outside. We obviously need grunt and run.
Masten is a worthy team member (I am not a fn) but he lacks grunt and power in his running (keeps going well but not explosive to attack or defend)

Waterman looks a useful option to be tried.
I know, I know, does my head in! Too tall, too small, pro masten, no masten, we want X in, we want X out, when are they playing young Z? then why did they play X?. why did they play Z? It's even funnier when young B finally gets to play after much complaining here...and then he's useless? they ask for C to be replaced with D as though it's going to change the whole team dynamics and we'll be back in the winning circle...and guess what, makes no difference, Mr.C wasn't the saviour of the footy world after all, possibly because he was too young and inexperienced on a big stage. We need to blood youth-then why are we blooding youth? Darling needs a spell in the wafl. Jk needs a spell in the wafl. The whole team needs a spell in the wafl. Fortunately, it's all speculation and opinion and the coaches and players don't pay attention to any of this....but we love our footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 8, 2007
WESTERN AUSTRALIA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
FLO-RIDA , PITBULL ,SEAN PAUL
I know, I know, does my head in! Too tall, too small, pro masten, no masten, we want X in, we want X out, when are they playing young Z? then why did they play X?. why did they play Z? It's even funnier when young B finally gets to play after much complaining here...and then he's useless? they ask for C to be replaced with D as though it's going to change the whole team dynamics and we'll be back in the winning circle...and guess what, makes no difference, Mr.C wasn't the saviour of the footy world after all, possibly because he was too young and inexperienced on a big stage. We need to blood youth-then why are we blooding youth? Darling needs a spell in the wafl. Jk needs a spell in the wafl. The whole team needs a spell in the wafl. Fortunately, it's all speculation and opinion and the coaches and players don't pay attention to any of this....but we love our footy.

Needs more Y ..

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Dec 7, 2000
Victoria home of football
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Eagles
This site is so inclusive - a role model for the NRL perhaps.
One camp is sack Masten - the other we are to tall.
Now Waterman makes us to tall. He is listed as 1.91. This compares to average mids such as danger 1.87, Dusty1.98, Part Cripps 1.95 and Fyfe 1.9.
Our mids a too small to contest - Saints will be hell bent on winning the contested possession - to allow them to use pace outside. We obviously need grunt and run.
Masten is a worthy team member (I am not a fn) but he lacks grunt and power in his running (keeps going well but not explosive to attack or defend)

Waterman looks a useful option to be tried.

Has Waterman played in a midfield role at WAFL?
I liked his role in 2018, he didn't compete with JK and JD like how OAllen does. Agree that at 191cm he's not a tall in the modern sense, (JD is only 191cm as well).

I like that Masten has been dropped, we have one midfielder too many and it's shown in the impact Sheed has had compared to his finals series and pre-season form. Never mind that Masten has been massively underperforming.

campaigner___

Club Legend
May 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
He's listed as an emergency.
Keep living in your dreamland for whatever reason.
He's not injured.
How am I living in a dreamland haha. I asked a reasonable question as to why he didn't train, why he wasn't replace by another wingman and if he is an 'emergency', why didn't he travel?

Obviously Masten hits a nerve for you. For whatever reason.

The Passenger

The passenger, I am...
Veteran 10k Posts 30k Posts Sensible Type WCE Wings Guernsey
Mar 25, 2003
Rather than saying we are tall, maybe it's better to say structurally we have too many key position players.

I would have bought Rotham and Allen in, who are both taller than Waterman but play different roles.

I would have dropped Venables before Masten, but the latter can't complain. Masten has got a very good run.

The difference in this game is very unlikely to be this change or any of the combination of changes we could have made. The biggest influence on the result of this match will be delivery going into the forward 50 - both tams have been putrid at this in 2019.

Back