Preview Changes: Round 8 Vs Brisbane Lions + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either Meek or Treacy has to come in, easy to say in hindsight but it was a mistake to lose the height in our forward line. Won't happen but I wouldn't mind both in with Lobb out.

90% of this board was saying not to drop Treacy for exactly that reason last week. Hardly hindsight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So with Chappy, Hughes ,Ryan , Hamling , Pearce and Young all out our back 6 starts to look very shakey .

Maybe Conca Cox Treacey
Watson Logue Duman
7th anyone fit enough to get on the plane

So with Chappy, Hughes ,Ryan , Hamling , Pearce and Young all out our back 6 starts to look very shakey .

Maybe Conca Cox Treacey
Watson Logue Duman
7th anyone fit enough to get on the plane
Wilson
And aish can play back

I'd go back to considering the idea of playing Treacy back.

May have to at this rate, and might help his development to follow a good AFL forward around a bit. Long term he’s a forward though surely, that goal kicking..

May have to at this rate, and might help his development to follow a good AFL forward around a bit. Long term he’s a forward though surely, that goal kicking..

Yep short term need and some development opportunities. He's a forward medium term.

Need to play Aish back and Conca in the middle. Conca will at least add some defensive spine to our midfield. Play Giro/Frederick on the wing in place of Aish.
Who then takes Conca's spot in the backline?

You need to pick 7 defenders. We have 6 fit and available on our list currently (not including Aish, Walker, Thomas & O'Driscoll).

Makes no sense. Darcy is the ruckman. Meek isn't impressing at KPF is he?
meek is perhaps the best centre square ruckmen on our list and the 2nd best stoppage ruckmen on our list. which is important but not everything in his role (he lacks certain trait of an afl ruckmen atm). ironically being a ruck is not all about being a ruck.
This means I think you read the article wrong. Meek needs to learn how to impact around the ground. where to position himself behind the ball to intercept. where to go; so he takes marks on the wing and how to sneak forward.

In saying that i have to agree with you, meek is clearly a ruckmen.

Who then takes Conca's spot in the backline?

You need to pick 7 defenders. We have 6 fit and available on our list currently (not including Aish, Walker, Thomas & O'Driscoll).

Putting together a 22 for this week and it really needs another defender tbh. Real shame about Thomas - he should be debuting this week.

Need to play Aish back and Conca in the middle. Conca will at least add some defensive spine to our midfield. Play Giro/Frederick on the wing in place of Aish.

I don't rate Aish as a backman tbh.

Giro will come in no doubt. We must reward that performance. Meek to come in and Lobb goes to CHB or Luke Ryan's role.

I'd love to see Western or Henry in for Freddy. His performance was awful on the weekend.

Treacy in for Crowden who's basically imitating a statue out there. His tackling has been off too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smalls bar Walters were atrocious. Schultz/Crowden/Frederick were invisible.

That is sad to hear this....

The reason why I said that was 2 weeks ago I saw him play against the crows at Adelaide oval. Yeah I was at the game on aisle 533 on the wing.

Yes he only got 12 disposals that day. But the point was he worked hard for those disposals. he kicked 1 goal and 2 behinds and could of easily got 2 or 3 goals that day if he converted his snap shots.

But its what he did at Adelaide oval that in a way was a reason we got over the line vs the crows 2 weeks back. He played on the wing and drifted up forward 50.

He is only a 2nd year player. I am not expecting him to get 20 disposals a game. He is most likely to get 10-15 disposals a game and get an occasional goal. Not a massive stat gatherer but he does the occasional moment of brilliance like that goal he scored vs the demons last season.

I thought Watson was good
I was a little harsh but he certainly gave the ball consistently to others in a worse position. There was one where he kick started a hot potatoe which led to Chapman being dispossessed and a Darling goal. Another when we moving the ball forward and he handballed sideways to Tucker who had an Eagle sweating on him. Gave the Eagle an opportunity to bury Tucker into the ground and halt what should have been a promising forward transition. There were others as well but he was no orphan.

With the injuries to Chapman, Hughes and continued absence of Ryan. He stays and Aish moves to backline.

Out: Chapman, Hughes, Crowden,
In: Western, Henry, Treacy

Conca Logue Watson
Aish Cox Wilson
Tucker Fyfe Acres
Henry Lobb Colyer
Schultz Tabs Walters
Darcy Serong Brayshaw
Treacy, Western, Mundy,
Frederick/Duman/Giro (one in and one to be sub)

I'd go back to considering the idea of playing Treacy back.
Yep becomes a real option now. I have dislikes to show for it when i mentioned it last week :)
They have a good forward line. We are literally going to struggle now, assuming no Hughes and No Ryan.
Lobb may have to play down back....I am not liking that plan really....I dont know if he has the required effort to play in defense.
Wilson/Logue/Conca
Watson/Cox/Treacy

That might work,,,,,or not :)

Aish is an experienced half back .
Duman is still available .
Duman Cox Wilson
Aish Logue Watson
Giro Fyfe Acres
Walters Lobb Colyer
Henry Taberner Treacy
Darcy Brayshaw Mundy
Conca Tucker, Serong, Frederick/ Schultz and Western the sub
Its a passable side. Fingers crossed it works until the cavalry arrive vs Essendon.

Aish is an experienced half back .
Duman is still available .
Duman Cox Wilson
Aish Logue Watson
Giro Fyfe Acres
Walters Lobb Colyer
Henry Taberner Treacy
Darcy Brayshaw Mundy
Conca Tucker, Serong, Frederick/ Schultz and Western the sub
Its a passable side. Fingers crossed it works until the cavalry arrive vs Essendon.
Oh yeah!! Forgot Duman!
I like your side :)

Conca Logue Watson
Aish Cox Wilson
Acres Mundy Brayshaw
Henry Lobb Walters
Schultz Tabs Treacy

Darcy Fyfe Serong

Duman Tucker Colyer Frederick

Not doom and gloom yet but circumstances point to a hiding.

We definitely don't need to do anything drastic with our defence yet. It's not like this is r23 and we are trying to sneak into finals.

No way I'd consider sticking Treacy back unless we lost both Logue and Cox. If JL didn't want to mess with Cox's development then I don't think he want's to mess with Treacy's either. Not to mention, there is no way you'd get him up to speed to make any sort of difference playing on Hipwood or Daniher in 3 days. Complete waste of time.

Conca Logue Watson
Aish Cox Wilson
Acres Mundy Brayshaw
Henry Lobb Walters
Schultz Tabs Treacy

Darcy Fyfe Serong

Duman Tucker Colyer Frederick

Not doom and gloom yet but circumstances point to a hiding.

Still enough to work with. Initially I was stunned with the injuries but on reflection it's better than last season when the cobbled together defence worked a treat . Just have to manage with out Ryan . Ryan is the real dark spot.
The mids , rucks and forwards are all still available apart from Cerra.
There are enough backs left to cobble together a passable line up.
Darcy could play forward with Meek the main ruck or Treacy forward / ruck with Darcy the main ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back