Preview Changes: Round 8 Vs Brisbane Lions + pre-match discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Full squad.

It might be a squad of 30, but many are injured. Switkowski, Ryan, Cerra, Pearce all going. Western and Giro good chances to play I'd say.

Treacy baffling.

Western on the list is good. No Thomas, though... If he's not pushing for selection when our back line is as depleted as it currently is, he's not getting renewed at the end of the year, you'd think. Unless he's still feeling the effects of concussion.

Western on the list is good. No Thomas, though... If he's not pushing for selection when our back line is as depleted as it currently is, he's not getting renewed at the end of the year, you'd think. Unless he's still feeling the effects of concussion.

thomas has had a death in the family apparently

Full squad.

It might be a squad of 30, but many are injured. Switkowski, Ryan, Cerra, Pearce all going. Western and Giro good chances to play I'd say.

Treacy baffling.
actual expected to be fit players for brisbane game based on yesterday's injury update leaves us with a squad of 26:
Blake Acres
James Aish
Connor Blakely
Andy Brayshaw
Reece Conca
Travis Colyer
Brennan Cox
Mitch Crowden
Sean Darcy
Taylin Duman
Michael Frederick
Nat Fyfe
Stefan Giro
Liam Henry
Rory Lobb
Griffin Logue
Lloyd Meek
David Mundy
Lachie Schultz
Caleb Serong
Matt Taberner
Darcy Tucker
Michael Walters
Tobe Watson
Joel Western
Nathan Wilson

Full squad.

Treacy baffling.

So the injury list timeline is a crock....and if we pick up 3-4 injuries this week (it's freo so very possible, we're going to be rushing players in or over from Perth)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the injury list timeline is a crock
switta and ap are listed as a week away, ryan and cerra 1-2, so the first two should hopefully be fit for Essendon, latter two a chance

actual expected to be fit players for brisbane game based on yesterday's injury update leaves us with a squad of 26:
Blake Acres
James Aish
Connor Blakely
Andy Brayshaw
Reece Conca
Travis Colyer
Brennan Cox
Mitch Crowden
Sean Darcy
Taylin Duman
Michael Frederick
Nat Fyfe
Stefan Giro
Liam Henry
Rory Lobb
Griffin Logue
Lloyd Meek
David Mundy
Lachie Schultz
Caleb Serong
Matt Taberner
Darcy Tucker
Michael Walters
Tobe Watson
Joel Western
Nathan Wilson
Yep, and we'd expect changes given we got pumped + injuries, so I think all 3 of the added Peel players are a good chance (Blakely, Western and Giro).

So the injury list timeline is a crock....and if we pick up 3-4 injuries this week (it's freo so very possible, we're going to be rushing players in or over from Perth)
Yeah we could easily end up not able to field 23.

Garlick did seem to think it was going to be ok to move players around but you just know if it happens, it will be to us.

Yeah we could easily end up not able to field 23.

Garlick did seem to think it was going to be ok to move players around but you just know if it happens, it will be to us.
i'm so keen to see if we get to name Tendai as the sub.

Full squad.

Treacy baffling.

he’s still able to fly over for the essendon game. Probably expectingthe Gabba game to be wet or dewy. So play him in the WAFL, kick another bag & then he comes over.

bo point bringing him to not play

They've clearly told Treacy to go back to WAFL and work on a few things. I'm probably in the minority but I'm glad they've committed to that. I think Treacy will be better for developing what he needs to at WAFL.
Yes, just because he made our forward structure so much better and just because he has kicked 12 goals from 2 WAFL games does not mean he should play in our side, especially when we have the likes of Lobb and Crowden in the forwardline.

Yes, just because he made our forward structure so much better and just because he has kicked 12 goals from 2 WAFL games does not mean he should play in our side, especially when we have the likes of Lobb and Crowden in the forwardline.
lol. You think Treacy in our forward line is going to be the difference between winning and losing? Was our forward line structure the reason we got smashed by 10 goals on the weekend just gone?

I'm not suggesting our forward line structure isn't better with him in it, just that the reality is he has touched the ball only a handful of times in his 3 AFL games. If we want to develop an 18yo rookie KPF he needs to be doing more than being a decoy every game.

Yeah, not too concerned about Treacy, I'm happy either way. Reality it that it was 1 game against bonafide potatoes, will be better off playing against actual WAFL level players (though with all the Freo players heading away, he might not get to see much of it the next two weeks).

Our forwardline worked really well on the weekend when it actually went in there. WIthout looking at the stats I'd imagine we had the highest I50 efficiency of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back