Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
They've clearly told Treacy to go back to WAFL and work on a few things. I'm probably in the minority but I'm glad they've committed to that. I think Treacy will be better for developing what he needs to at WAFL.
Then commit Henry to it as well. He has no business playing AFL this week or next. Needs to build his form and fitness

wayToGo_

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 24, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Then commit Henry to it as well. He has no business playing AFL this week or next. Needs to build his form and fitness
I agree. I think he should be playing at Peel still and building form. Selfishly I don't want Western to debut whilst away either and will be a bit annoyed if he is sub or not playing a footy game this weekend.

Think injuries and form have robbed us of that choice. Difference between Henry and Treacy is one has spent close to a month out of the side, one has spent just the week

Sep 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Washington Wizards
Think injuries and form have robbed us of that choice. Difference between Henry and Treacy is one has spent close to a month out of the side, one has spent just the week
Fair enough. Frederick should get given the wing role, and Aish goes half back. Henry will play forward. Not his best position

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
he’s still able to fly over for the essendon game. Probably expectingthe Gabba game to be wet or dewy. So play him in the WAFL, kick another bag & then he comes over.

bo point bringing him to not play
No, I think it is what WTG said.
They've clearly told Treacy to go back to WAFL and work on a few things.

Freoforever86

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 30, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't think so based on the language Garlick used about the trip.

He might get flown over for injury, I doubt he plays for any other reason.

play yourself out, play yourself in.

They’re not going to ignore him if he finds form.

See what happens, but my original point stands. Nothing is stopping them flying him out after this week. He’s not been ruled out for weeks, but this weekend he’s playing WAFL

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
play yourself out, play yourself in.

They’re not going to ignore him if he finds form.

See what happens, but my original point stands. Nothing is stopping them flying him out after this week. He’s not been ruled out for weeks, but this weekend he’s playing WAFL
He was dominant on Sunday and isn't playing this week.

Listen to Garlick, they aren't planning to be able to fly players over (although we might be able to) so if he was close, he'd be on the plane.

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
Could Peel thunder have said "you're taking our ruck, half our mids, our most talented small forward - can you please leave us something to work with?"
I'm sure that Peel and FFC had that discussion or at least thought about it. There's a WAFL bye next week, so it may be likely that we'll send a few more over next Monday/Tuesday.

Danny82

All Australian
May 29, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
I just can’t find the logic of why Treacy is not in for the next 2 weeks.

If anyone can be stuffed I’d like to know the win:loss for the past 3 years when we have had Taberner/Lobb/hogan or Taberner/Lobb/Treacy in the team v when we have played with either 1 or 2 key forwards

Sep 18, 2013
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Swan Districts Vancouver Canucks
I just can’t find the logic of why Treacy is not in for the next 2 weeks.
They want him to work on something specific - I'll bet he knows what it is. He gets another week at WAFL and if he goes OK, they fly him East next week. There's a WAFL bye for the weekend of the 15th /16th May.

nurries

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 11, 2003
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Freo
God, not sure I want to watch this weekend. Going to be a shellacking with the players we have available and the current level of effort/form we showed against the slime.
I guess we have to remember the effort the slime put in against the Cats. Its probably the reason they had petrol in the tank as they did * all in Geelong!!

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
God, not sure I want to watch this weekend. Going to be a shellacking with the players we have available and the current level of effort/form we showed against the slime.
I hear you...but these opportunities are so precious, and potentially, so defining.

If we can show a steely resolve, on the road, against the odds, and with injuries galore, it will give a huge amount of self belief and could indicate to some of the players that they do have "it" in them.

If we turn our toes up and demonstrate we're not up for the fight, we deserve everything we get and serious questions should be asked of those in charge.

freo1997

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 6, 2011
munster
AFL Club
Fremantle

We'll be on this weekend. Won't win, but some in the team will come out firing.

E Shed

Fremantle Obsessive
Sep 10, 2006
Perth WA
AFL Club
Fremantle
Liking all the optimism. I came in to the year very encouraged with last years efforts, we seemed so well organised, particulary in defence and were competitive in most outings.
The defence has been a shadow of that this year and last week was as bad as anything I've seen over our history in the way they just gave up in the second half and the complete lack of response in the coaching box to the midfield thrashing.
I must admit it knocked me right back to the old days of just expecting us to be hopeless. I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong, I just can't see our defence, or what's left of it being competitive with what we're going to be able to put out there.

Nov 7, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Liking all the optimism. I came in to the year very encouraged with last years efforts, we seemed so well organised, particulary in defence and were competitive in most outings.
The defence has been a shadow of that this year and last week was as bad as anything I've seen over our history in the way they just gave up in the second half and the complete lack of response in the coaching box to the midfield thrashing.
I must admit it knocked me right back to the old days of just expecting us to be hopeless. I hope you guys are right and I'm wrong, I just can't see our defence, or what's left of it being competitive with what we're going to be able to put out there.
Make no mistake, I share your misery and sense of foreboding.

The real heat for me is on JL (and the coaching group) as well as the mids.

I'm super keen to see how they respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back