Prediction Changes: Round 9 Vs Collingwood + Pre-match discussion

stax on the mull

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 26, 2010
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Matildas
I'm looking at that Collingwood half back line and bloody hell there's a lot of weird names in football.

Sure, there's a lot of Jack's running around in the AFL, and a smattering of Johnathon's, but just plain John...John Noble...what the hell were you thinking son!

You're going out on a limb there.

although you just know that AFL Will say “Motlop? No way should he be NGA. Screw you Freo”
yeah wouldn’t surprise me, particularly a few years after letting Sydney have Nick Blakey be an academy player (seeing his old man played 359 games)

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Really glad to see Acres and Banfield omitted. Not so glad to see the standard selection day injury of Aish. Wtf as if they didn’t know about this earlier in the week? The lack of transparency is as annoying as the injuries themselves.

The ins (apart from Fyfe and maybe Blakely) aren’t particularly exciting either but we have no one.

We should get Sturt, Hill, Aish, Hogan and Walters back after our bye though right?? RIGHT??

Moonrat

Team Captain
Sep 9, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
*!!

Does anyone know how to get tickets after the platinum pledge period has ended???

I can't see an option on Ticketmaster other than paying????

mattis117

Premium Platinum
Aug 20, 2010
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Manchester City
I don't get people on this board putting their feelings above what's good for the club regarding getting told about a surprise out. Like, sure it's annoying, but the club did what every single other club does in this situation, that being not giving free information to your opponent before you have to. Honestly, just shaking my head at these ridicules reactions.

Last edited:

Square Peg

Cancelled
Fremantle Poster of the Year Fremantle Board Tipping Champion
Jul 20, 2014
AFL Club
Fremantle
I don't get people on this board putting their feelings above what's good for the club regarding getting told about a surprise out. Like, sure it's annoying, but the club did what every single other club does in this situation, that being not giving free information to your opponent before you have to. Honestly, just shaking my head at these ridicules reactions.
What a load of bullshit. Successful clubs, you know ones in contention, ones that aren't sitting 17th five years into a rebuild, get to pull stunts like that. When we do it we look like the joke we are.
Get back to me when we're walking the walk and competing with the big boys and earnt the right to be cute.

MadEyeEmmy

Club Legend
Sep 13, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
What a load of bullshit. Successful clubs, you know ones in contention, ones that aren't sitting 17th five years into a rebuild, get to pull stunts like that. When we do it we look like the joke we are.
Get back to me when we're walking the walk and competing with the big boys and earnt the right to be cute.

This. The difference between us and other clubs that might take this approach with injuries is that we are doing it to try and avoid more media scrutiny. Got nothing to do with the opposition.

May 3, 2007
Parts Unknown
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Man City, Valencia, Lazio, Panthers
It sucks that Tucker, aish and Walters are injured.

Glad Fyfe is in. Blakely is in too so I expect the midfield to he half decent. I am happy with Cox in. That means Cox and Duman are the only 2 190cm plus tall backs down back. Better than one I suppose.

Would of been good if Dixon gets a game.

ImperialPurple

Matthew Pavlich Medallist
May 26, 2003
South Freo
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC, Aussie Women's Cricket, HNK
who would you prefer?
🤔🤔🤔

Hamling
Pearce
Logue
Walters
Hogan
Aish
Tucker
Young
Sturt
Hill

Not having to rely on-
Schultz
Colyer
Matera
Crowden
Bewley
Duman
Watson
Frederick (he gets a pass because more games = improvement... but Sturt)

And the rest of the Dumb-Arse Brigade MkII. It’s unfair to call them all DABII, but geez, a lot of them are.

I will continue to be thoroughly underwhelmed until we can finally stop putting D grade players on the park, guys that are not AFL standard and never will be.

Happy enough to see Blakely return and get a go. Crowden - yeah fair enough, has been having a crack in the scratchies. Colyer 🤢, Matera and Schultz still in 🤢.

Just underwhelmed in general. I can only see about 3-4 positions where we might win / break-even, the rest we’re getting smashed all over the park. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ It’s the year of the underwhelming imo. Which keeps things feeling less dire that it bring the year of the wrist slashing.

Last edited:

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls
Taberner and Lobb getting more time to work together in the forward line will do nothing but benefit the both of them in the long run, Lobb is finally looking to be getting a decent run in there and he's done well so far. Blakely has earth his shot and despite not being his biggest fan I'll be there tomorrow night cheering him on hard, because at the end of the day, he wears purple, so he's got me backing him.

Dockeroo

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 1, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
You know as well as everyone else that it’s not some kind of tactical masterstroke that is the primary driver behind the decision to not announce the late outs.
It’s the club scrambling to avoid more injury scrutiny and bad press. The Joel Hamling story is quite shocking and the latest in a long line of bad news injury issues.
Something has to change. Disgusting to find out officially about Hamling in the West Australian while the dogs on the street have known about his issues for weeks and yet the club continued with their bullshit TBA.
Honestly wouldn’t be surprised to see a lawsuit taken by a player against the club at this stage due to the incompetence on display around injury rehabilitation.

Back