Prediction Changes: Round 9 vs Sydney

Remove this Banner Ad

Does Sydney have a point of difference? They have a good midfield but I don't see their forwardline/backline as being top four worthy. They are just a really well coached and drilled side similar to Brisbane last year. I rate us as a good chance of beating them if it doesn't get too wet.

Our point of difference is we have a lot of elite kickers and try and use it to cut through opposition teams. Of course pressure can bring that point of difference back to the pack, but it is what we have used to win our games this season.

Our transition out of defence, often because of Blakey, is also usually very good this season.

Our clearance work, well, that is subpar like usual, but Grundy has helped a bit in that area.

Sydney lost when they had their rebound from defense game taken away. We need to bring as much forward pressure as possible so they have to rush those kicks forward, allowing us to spoil the attempt.

If that means we bring in a fit, fast player to swap out someone like Walters so we can apply that pressure then it's a good plan.

Sydney lost when they had their rebound from defense game taken away. We need to bring as much forward pressure as possible so they have to rush those kicks forward, allowing us to spoil the attempt.

If that means we bring in a fit, fast player to swap out someone like Walters so we can apply that pressure then it's a good plan.
Like who?

Erasmus as a defensive chaos pressure forward? 🤔

I think he's been delisted twice in that role...

He has! I just want one game out of him of max effort stopping one or two opponents. He has the pace to hurt them back the other way too.

Similar to Nyhius' game against North. We need to deny Sydney's rebound.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Walters is sub then we have to play Sturt

If it's gonna rain though then we keep Sonny In as he is clean in the wet usually
If Switta doesn't get up I agree.

Not sure a wet game against a seasoned side suits Cooper at all. Even though Sturt isn't exactly a brute, he's significantly more physically developed than Cooper is.

One of the keys to the Eagles derby win was they took away Ryan's influence unlike Richmond on the weekend who let him play to his strengths with no accountability. We need to do the same to the Lizard this week and put someone like Frederick on him or even Aish or Banfield to cut his effectiveness.

Weather update: Forecast has changed back to the rain peaking around 11 or 12. We may only get the odd shower during the match or even none.
So the deck will be wet from the day's rain but those attending might not get rained on much? I hope that's the case, as I'm desperate to take my 4 year old to this one but won't be able to do so if it's chucking it down.

The rain can bugger off, but I'm hoping for some Cyclonic activity from 6:30pm onwards!

Where the hell is Drago?
Who?

If He Dies He Dies Rocky Balboa GIF

Surely rain would suit us, with our bigger mids.

So long as we realise it is raining whilst the game is still in the balance.

I would hope there is a plan for Heeney, that guy is on fire at the moment.

Perhaps Young can run with him the same as he did with Lachie Neal last year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back