Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with your statement. What intercept marking? Poor bloke is being asked to stand guys 6 inches taller than him at the moment.

Dude is a blueprint utility. AFC have had zero imagination since Blight.

Laird was the last creative move I’ve seen, and wasn’t that a Pyke one?
100%. Adelaide coaches haven’t been creative in gameplay for over 20 years

Please give it a rest.
No rest for the wicked.

I’ll never accept the absolute farce this DMAC situation has become.. he shouldve been delisted 3 years ago.. and the numerous missed opportunities we had in keeping him for those three years is just disgusting.

I will always speak out about it.

Its unforgivable.

Newchurch should not be debuting. Sends the wrong message. Nowhere near ready. I doubt he makes it based on what I’ve seen.

"Newchurch should not be debuting. Sends the wrong message. Nowhere near ready. I doubt he makes it based on what I’ve seen" says guy spilling chips all over his guts.

The kids first year of senior footy and you put a line through him like that. Cant wait until he makes it now.

Also i appreciate 99 percent of posters opinions and hardly ever post. Just this clown drew me out.

Embrace the rebuild, it won't be easy go crows.

Attachments

• images (11).jpeg
    images (11).jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 38
None of which is anything to do with the point I was making.

Creative is not replacing a small forward with like unless the word means different to what I've always thought.
Would a small forward get more opportunities with better players around him?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Agree with your statement. What intercept marking? Poor bloke is being asked to stand guys 6 inches taller than him at the moment.

Dude is a blueprint utility. AFC have had zero imagination since Blight.

Laird was the last creative move I’ve seen, and wasn’t that a Pyke one?

We don't seem to lack any creativity or imagination. 4 tall forwards in 2016-17 was a damn creative structure. 1 key back now, likewise. Even on a personnel level we're pretending Doedee is a KPD, so it's clear we're not lacking here at all. Jones to defense, Fog to midfield are other examples of us changing it up this year.

Our issue is arrogance, and being a bit too smart for ourselves. In that once those structures/positional changes start to show why they're sub-optimal, we double down on them because they worked initially. In some cases, I.e. Fog to midfield, it's the right call seeing it's the only way we can exhaust that possibility. It also leads to us doubling down on bad situations too, I.e. KPD doedee.

If we moved Doedee into the middle, don't we have a few really talented young defenders itching to break into the side?

McAsey is ready. Murray has shown he can take a contested grab. Worrell has an attacking defender's traits. Butts is the lock-down muscle. Kelly / Brown are the experience we work around.

I still like Jones at half-forward rotating with Smithers and Seed on the wing.

The dude as a big body midfielder with crazy good hands / hard attack on the ball and player - means Fogarty can spend most of his time in the forward line (where he deserves to spend 90% of his time).

Would love to see it.

If we moved Doedee into the middle, don't we have a few really talented young defenders itching to break into the side?

McAsey is ready. Murray has shown he can take a contested grab. Worrell has an attacking defender's traits. Butts is the lock-down muscle. Kelly / Brown are the experience we work around.

I still like Jones at half-forward rotating with Smithers and Seed on the wing.

The dude as a big body midfielder with crazy good hands / hard attack on the ball and player - means Fogarty can spend most of his time in the forward line (where he deserves to spend 90% of his time).

Would love to see it.
I have said since I first saw Doedee come in to the side that I thought he was a future midfielder. He has great hands, and is deceptively evasive, I can only hope that we haven't tried it to this pont due to Tom's injury history. If we never give the Dood a shot in the midfield to see what he can do it will be a huge wasted opportunity for our club.

"Newchurch should not be debuting. Sends the wrong message. Nowhere near ready. I doubt he makes it based on what I’ve seen" says guy spilling chips all over his guts.

The kids first year of senior footy and you put a line through him like that. Cant wait until he makes it now.

Also i appreciate 99 percent of posters opinions and hardly ever post. Just this clown drew me out.

A pretty childish response to a legitimate observation. I hope I’m wrong, but I see a player with flaws that will prevent him from making it at the next level. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong. Is that ok with you, clown?

Ps I’m writing Hately off too. Is that ok with you, clown?

By the way, one of the most respected posters on this board Mutineer agrees that the signs are concerning about Newchurch. Would you like to call him out too?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A pretty childish response to a legitimate observation. I hope I’m wrong, but I see a player with flaws that will prevent him from making it at the next level. Like I said, I hope I’m wrong. Is that ok with you, clown?

How about give the lad some time. Let him develop without blokes like you putting a line through him.
Ps I’m writing Hately off too. Is that ok with you, clown?

Atleast sling some better banter you big list manager you.

Keep clicking your key board, eating ya chips and jacking off to Brazilian fart pr0n big fella.

Day to ya.

When it comes to Tariek, we have to temper expectations a bit.
Looking back, he played purely U18's last year. No reserves, no League. He flashed in and out of games there.

This year, he has stepped straight in to league football. He's playing as a small forward for a team that has been competitive some weeks and been smashed in the midfield in other weeks.
Despite this he has kicked 9 goals in 6 games. He has kicked a goal in all but one game.

He averages nearly 11 disposals, 3.2 marks and 3.5 tackles per game.

Stengle has played 4 matches this year. He averages 13 disposals, 3 marks and 2.5 tackles. He has kicked 5 goals in his 4 games. 4 of those came against us.

I know Newchurch has some flaws and there are aspects he needs to improve, but I'd say he's had a pretty bl00dy good start to the year actually.

How about give the lad some time. Let him develop without blokes like you putting a line through him.

Atleast sling some better banter you big list manager you.

Keep clicking your key board, eating ya chips and jacking off to Brazilian fart pr0n big fella.

Day to ya.

Mate, this is a footy forum, where we can give our honest opinions. I never claimed to be an expert. But I love my footy and watch a lot of it. I’ll get things wrong like the rest and best of us. And I really hope the kid makes it. But I’d argue that you calling me a clown after a legitimate opinion about a footy player on a footy forum is a bit keyboard warrior-Ish. Let’s agree to disagree. And keep it respectful. How does that sound? Day to ya.

I have said since I first saw Doedee come in to the side that I thought he was a future midfielder. He has great hands, and is deceptively evasive, I can only hope that we haven't tried it to this pont due to Tom's injury history. If we never give the Dood a shot in the midfield to see what he can do it will be a huge wasted opportunity for our club.
I think Tommy would make an excellent mid, but our defence is so wobbly at the moment, that it is just not feasible.

I think that’s a fairly analytical and stats-driven summation of the issue....;)

But I digress...

People take issue with it, because there are some football qualities that are intangible. You can’t measure them, they require a value judgement, they require football intuition, experience and an understanding of what makes a player potentially great.

If recognizing and judging talent was all about what the numbers said, then anybody could do it.

Yeah sure, i get that there are football qualities that aren't tangible, but they're certainly noticeable, and Fog has no other noticeable qualities other than a 10/10 set shot for goal. A tonne of players have gone on to forge brilliant careers without lighting up the statistics, but it is the quantifiable qualities that are the bedrock of most successful footballers, not the other way around. You had better have the pressure and work-rate of a Cyril Rioli, or the undeniable flair/skill of Stevie J if you want the pundits to ignore the actual stats (although i'd argue even these things are quantifiable to a degree)

Also, the weight that some people attach to their own self-described ability to measure the intangible value of players with their 'football intuition, experience and understanding of what makes a player potentially great' makes up about 80% of the cringe-worthy contributions on these threads..

Armchair critiques from mostly football nobodies, grandstanding from the lofty heights of hindsight.

There are about half a dozen contributors on the Crows board who's opinion on players/recruitment/game analysis i would sincerely value, and you're not one of them.

Picture the AFC as a house in renovation and Fog a plumber. We are currently asking him to rewire the house and then criticising him when the lights don’t work.
Post of the Day. Im not even entering any other entries and its not even midday.

Picture the AFC as a house in renovation and Fog a plumber. We are currently asking him to rewire the house and then criticising him when the lights don’t work.
Doesn't help when this is the tool kit he turned up with, for the plumbing job:
PlasticToyTools3dsmodel000.jpg201809C8-61A4-4EB7-B9CD-A55D7C6B7652Large.jpg

McAdam back in looks obvious and Berry mostly forward, Hately and/or O'Connor in, Mackay out.

Yep. Not sure where this Newchurch stuff is coming from. He's some way off even getting managed minutes at AFL level.
Agree Berry to spend time mostly forward. Would love to see a tall forward come out as well, Fog for me, and give O'Connor a run through the middle as well. Also think there's some opportunity to push a small defender forward, and bring in Chayce Jones.
Changes in brackets are what i'd like to see, but probably won't)

Out:
McHenry
Murphy
McPherson (sub)
(Mackay)
(Fogarty)

In:
McAdam
Hately
Worrell/Murray
(O'Connor)
(Jones)

Last edited:
Doesn't help when this is the tool kit he turned up with, for the plumbing job:
PlasticToyTools3dsmodel000.jpg201809C8-61A4-4EB7-B9CD-A55D7C6B7652Large.jpg

Doesn't help that Brett Burton was in charge of handing out the tools. :drunk::poo:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back