Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

He was.... For the first 5 weeks.

Once again we go too short in defence. The rest of the selections are actually ok
Was he for those weeks, or was he just recovering from his concussion in the twos temporarily?

The evidence right now suggests Mackay is best 22 in a rebuild

Why even bother wasting good picks on McAsey and Worrell if we don't bother playing key defenders?

It's moronic.

Was he for those weeks, or was he just recovering from his concussion in the twos temporarily?

The evidence right now suggests Mackay is best 22 in a rebuild
Don't buy that at all, but he's in for the time being.

I'll focus on the other selections, which are good.

Scott Burns obviously doesn’t see the need because his love child Jake Kelly can play on anyone; tall, small you name it
I mean I’m not saying Jake Kelly has been bad but it’s a serious case of conflict of interest Jake Kelly’s father is Burns’ former teammate and current close friend and longtime manager

Let's be honest, even with a 2nd rookie KPD we weren't winning
Let's me completely honest, we need to get games into our young key defenders... & this is a perfect opportunity for them.

Let's me completely honest, we need to get games into our young key defenders... & this is a perfect opportunity for them.
Nah mate, need games into Jake Kelly and David Mackay. The future of this club lies in their hands.

The "least of our problems" as some would say. No issues there

Oh I agree, but hey whatever
This is not about winning, it's about getting games into our younger players as part of a rebuild.

There is no defending this selection of failing to pick a 2nd tall key defender when the Weagles will play 3 or 4 tall forwards.

It's insane selection!

Some of the least inspiring ins I've seen in a while. West coast play 2 key talls in Kennedy and Darling and we go in short again. It's so frustrating play the ******* KPDS

This is not about winning, it's about getting games into our younger players as part of a rebuild.

There is no defending this selection of failing to pick a 2nd tall key defender when the Weagles will play 3 or 4 tall forwards.

It's insane selection!

The club probably thinks we are playing three key defenders because Doedee and Kelly can play on talls

Can they play well on talls? Of course not. But they can play on them and that's what matters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the least inspiring ins I've seen in a while. West coast play 2 key talls in Kennedy and Darling and we go in short again. It's so frustrating play the ******* KPDS
2 tall forwards?

Try 3-4.

Allen & Williams off the bench too!

We are going to be monstered.

It's insane selection!
I totally agree, I'm not arguing it in any way shape or form.

I'm just not sure what the rational could possibly be

I mean I’m not saying Jake Kelly has been bad but it’s a serious case of conflict of interest Jake Kelly’s father is Burns’ former teammate and current close friend and longtime manager

Conflict of interest is the AFL's whole MO.

It happens on every level. It is ingrained in its very DNA.

Hell, we laud Father Son picks and have club legends commentating on games for gods sake.

Nah mate, need games into Jake Kelly and David Mackay. The future of this club lies in their hands.

The "least of our problems" as some would say. No issues there
I don't think anyone would say that

I totally agree, I'm not arguing it in any way shape or form.

I'm just not sure what the rational could possibly be
There is no rational reason not to play at least 2 key defenders against a Weagkes side that will play 3-4 tall forwards.

It's insane.

I'm not annoyed by us losing, but it will be a bigger margin (which dents confidence) & it's ridiculous we are not giving opportunities to any of Murray, McAsey or Worrell. 2 of them should be playing imo.

In: Frampton, Jones, O'Connor, McAdam
Out: Himmelberg, Walker, Murphy, McHenry

Emergencies: Murray, Himmelberg, McPherson, Worrell

Just wow, still no supporting key defender with Butts.

WCE will have Kennedy, Darling and Allen up forward this week now that McGovern and Barass are back.

WTF are we thinking?

They'll kick about 15 between them if not more.

This is really going to get ugly.

There is no rational reason not to play at least 2 key defenders against a Weagkes side that will play 3-4 tall forwards.

It's insane.

I'm not annoyed by us losing, but it will be a bigger margin (which dents confidence) & it's ridiculous we are not giving opportunities to any of Murray, McAsey or Worrell. 2 of them should be playing imo.
I'd settle for one of them most weeks, 2 this week.

Kelly has been alright, I don't have the same blind hatred Scorpus he does..... But he could be much more effective in the role he's suited to, ditto Doedee who will probably get slaughtered again.

We're clearly tanking for picks.

Playing Mackay instead of a KPD is blatant tanking.
I can see us fronting the AFL Commission trying to justify this very point at season's end

But the run and carry Your Honour...?

Can we please see some video evidence of this "run and carry"?

Ummm... that was destroyed in the big video room fire. But the experience, the leadership, the versatility, the professionalism... just the vibe of the guy

Still persisting with a midget defence, this time against West Coast... We're either tanking or our selection committee is flat out incompetent. The last decade suggests it's the latter.

Who is our defensive coach?

Does he have a voice on the selection committee?

How come we can all see it but the 'experts' can't?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back