Preview Changes round 9 vs West Coast Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't rate him but he's now got an AFL game to prove me wrong.
It was mighty impressive that Ronin could overcome the Scorpus verdict - “Notanaflfootballer” after watching a telecast of Ronin’s first game of senior footy. It must be a great talent to be able to declare a Kid‘s future based on such limited information........or maybe your just a Troll.

It was mighty impressive that Ronin could overcome the Scorpus verdict - “Notanaflfootballer” after watching a telecast of Ronin’s first game of senior footy. It must be a great talent to be able to declare a Kid‘s future based on such limited information........or maybe your just a Troll.
... or wanting to out do Vader making early calls. ;)

Has he overcome it?

You have to remember our twos didn't play a competitive game of footy for the majority of last year. It was a very early call to make on the WA under 18 captain in those circumstances.
We'll see.

I don't think he has the weapons to make it long term, based on his draft year footage, pre-season games and SANFL.

Not being close to selection in the worst Crows side ever last year isn't working in his favor either but that's speculation as I don't really know what he did at training

Has he overcome it?
If you actually watch our Twos, as you claim, then you would understand the stupidity of your question.

The Barbarian has been very good in the SANFL as a big bodied midfielder. Much better than Hately and Fogarty imho.
He as a long, long way to go but only a complete halfwit (or should that be ****wit) would write him off after one game in the SANFL.

If you actually watch our Twos, as you claim, then you would understand the stupidity of your question.

The Barbarian has been very good in the SANFL as a big bodied midfielder. Much better than Hately and Fogarty imho.
He as a long, long way to go but only a complete halfwit (or should that be ****wit) would write him off after one game in the SANFL.
Very good is an exaggeration. He's been good in patches.

I haven't been that impressed with any of our SANFL midfielders, especially their consistency

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McAdam doesn't deserve his spot. Small forward is definitely a need we need to fill in the mid season/end of year draft.

I wonder if the club will ever be able to put ommitted next to Walker's name before his career is over.

You have to remember our twos didn't play a competitive game of footy for the majority of last year. It was a very early call to make on the WA under 18 captain in those circumstances.
I agree with the substance of your post but Deven Robertson now at the Lions was WA U18's Captain and U18's All Australian Captain, Ronin captained the Claremont U18's to their WAFL Premiership in 2019.

Yes, in your defence, you haven’t been impressed with any of our players since you started posting 7 years ago.

Cos........that’s what trolls do.

I'm glad you enjoy my trolling although it would be nice if you read more than 5% of my troll posts because I put a lot of effort into trolling you.

Last edited:
McAdam is in poor form, but he's a good player. Newchurch is not a great option yet..... He will be.

Very good is an exaggeration. He's been good in patches.

I haven't been that impressed with any of our SANFL midfielders, especially their consistency
I would have said consistently good and building nicely for at least the last 3 weeks of a 6 game SANFL career.

19, 20 and 24 disposals backed up with 6, 8 and 7 clearances along with 4, 10 and 6 tackles

I would have said consistently good and building nicely for at least the last 3 weeks of a 6 game SANFL career.

19, 20 and 24 disposals backed up with 6, 8 and 7 clearances along with 4, 10 and 6 tackles
He's worth a crack for sure.

Other than the obvious call of 'pick another goddamn tall defender' (I still don't know why we're against it), I'm overall okay with these changes

Hopefully Chayce can make some impact
Isn't it a Nicksism? Didn't Sydney have a medium backline back in his day? And he's kind of wedded to that idea?

Does seem like a bit of a charitable selection. Gets to visit family. Has probably been one of our best in the Sanfl so not exactly left field. Can't see him being particularly popular.

It's weird that sometimes we really seem to be in rebuild mentality, but then keep finding a way to get Mackay in and also continually interrupt Fogarty's development.

Just re Nicks, for someone who bangs on so much about using your weapon, he certainly hasn't found a way to let Doedee or Fogarty use theirs.

That's kind of his job.

Doedee should not be playing 2nd KPD. He should be third tall defender with a licence to peel off and intercept.

Fogarty will convert 9 out of 10 chances into goals on the scoreboard. The scoreboard is the place where games are won and lost. Find a way to get the ball in his hands within range.

These are coaching issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back