Prediction Changes round five

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
lewd, lascivious, salacious, outrageous

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Jackie Chile’s was based on and a parody of famed glass wearing, with moustache, Johnnie Cochran. Cochran represehted many high profile clients like OJ.

Phil Morris played him so brilliantly.

Last edited:
I've never camped there but driven past often enough. My favourite spots are Blanket Bay and Aire River East.
I hope to camp there someday. The kids love Bimby Park because of the horse riding.

Apr 18, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
PAOK of SALONIKA LIVERPOOL
He been Dropped by Now IF they Agreed with his Baggers on here

Don't worry re Dave.. you and I will stand by him. I'm a big supporter of him as well re.

Just because he doesn't have the look of a warrior on his face.. doesn't mean he doesn't have it in his heart re.

Last edited:

Bad Horse

Petfood
Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019 Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Steph Chiocci 2017
Mar 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I hope to camp there someday. The kids love Bimby Park because of the horse riding.

Hope you brought some carrots.

Sep 25, 2005
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Gippy Power
I would bring in Greenwood and Beams for Brown and Mayne.

We need to shutdown Neale and I think Levi matches well on him. Neale cant take him forward either.

Stephenson should get a chance to push up to the wing now as well which should bring him into the game.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I would bring in Greenwood and Beams for Brown and Mayne.

We need to shutdown Neale and I think Levi matches well on him. Neale cant take him forward either.

Stephenson should get a chance to push up to the wing now as well which should bring him into the game.

IMO Stephenson is not ready for the wing Snoop...…………….we look so much better with him as a deep forward.
He reads the play so well at the feet of Mason.

What about Aish to the wing and Greenwood to Raynor in defence?

Let Beams and Neale go head to head.

May 25, 2006
Beach
AFL Club
Collingwood
If there’s no room for Elliot DeGoey and Stevo in the one forward line (not to mention Thomas and also whe when he comes back).....

Left field suggestion rather than Stevo on a wing.... what about Elliott spending some time there? Now he’s fully fit he has pace to burn and may well have more of a tank than we give him credit for.

Disclaimer.... my post started with the word “if”. I’m not convinced they can’t all play together in the forward line

Since GWS have reinvented Matt de Boer as a Crowley Mark II he has shutdown some very good players (Martin and Dangerfield) and GWS have won those games. We may need to start using Greenwood in this way every week. This week he could get a job on Neale or Zorko.

Since GWS have reinvented Matt de Boer as a Crowley Mark II he has shutdown some very good players (Martin and Dangerfield) and GWS have won those games. We may need to start using Greenwood in this way every week. This week he could get a job on Neale or Zorko.
I don’t think every team has a standout midfielder who warrants a tag. However I’m happy for us to play with a “core” 19-20 players and have a few who get brought in or left out week-to-week given the matchups and opposition strengths and weaknesses. Greenwood should be one of those players.

Just like Buckley apparently wants us to be able to play the possession gamestyle, which will work against certain opponents, we should have several different “looks” to our side to exploit any advantages we have over opponents and mitigate weaknesses.

grayza2018

Club Legend
Oct 31, 2017
The Cottage
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Fulham
Do we need to shut down Neale though? Or just back our mids to beat them. His 40 didn't have much impact on the weekend.

I'd be more inclined to sit on Zorko, if we are going to use that role

Jun 8, 2008
Victoria
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do we need to shut down Neale though? Or just back our mids to beat them. His 40 didn't have much impact on the weekend.

I'd be more inclined to sit on Zorko, if we are going to use that role

Reckon we will let Neale run riot, similar to how we've left Tom Mitchell alone in the past. Remember the time Bucks said he wasn't damaging when he had 75 touches? Would've had merit if we hadn't actually lost the game.

I don’t think every team has a standout midfielder who warrants a tag. However I’m happy for us to play with a “core” 19-20 players and have a few who get brought in or left out week-to-week given the matchups and opposition strengths and weaknesses. Greenwood should be one of those players.

Just like Buckley apparently wants us to be able to play the possession gamestyle, which will work against certain opponents, we should have several different “looks” to our side to exploit any advantages we have over opponents and mitigate weaknesses.

Yes, we need to be agile and flexible to exploit apparent advantages over certain teams. One game style may not work in such a competitive environment, as we have found out against some teams like the Eagles, Cats, and Hawks.

With a view on this, I'd like even our defenders to be rotated according to the team we play as we've got depth in Goldsack, Appleby, IQ (soon, if not now), Madgen, Murphy etc.

This is the Bears grand final so no doubt they will lift and be better than last week. A very very droppable game here.

Despite the bears having only dropped one game, I still feel we are in better form, albeit more consistent 4 quarter form.

Beams will be back in. I'd like to see Appleby in for Mayne.

Sep 17, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is the Bears grand final so no doubt they will lift and be better than last week. A very very droppable game here.

Despite the bears having only dropped one game, I still feel we are in better form, albeit more consistent 4 quarter form.

Beams will be back in. I'd like to see Appleby in for Mayne.

I like the dismissal of still calling them the Bears lol.

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
As Firecraqa so beautifully put it:
View attachment 655110

If you think that someone other than Crocker will be lining up on Mayne's wing at the first bounce against Brisbane - you're dreaming.

He's about as like for like as you get, even matching how maligned Mayne was in 2018 He's in form in the VFL, playing the same role. They've trained him up to play this role. He got a fair few games last year without seeming to do much to warrant selection, suggesting that the coaches quite like him.

He's playing!
I hope the Crock plays and has the game of his career, and backs it up in following weeks. Imagine him going from whipping boy to cult favourite, not unlike Mayne himself. Lol

I hope the Crock plays and has the game of his career, and backs it up in following weeks. Imagine him going from whipping boy to cult favourite, not unlike Mayne himself. Lol

It would be great, but you are going to have to be patient with us. If Crocker comes in and plays a blinder with 25 well won possessions that he uses really effectively, except for one turnover, all we will see or remember is the turnover.

CFC2010

Cancelled
10k Posts Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Collingwood Magpies - James Aish Player Sponsor 2016
Aug 22, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
This is exactly where this is headed.
It would be great, but you are going to have to be patient with us. If Crocker comes in and plays a blinder with 25 well won possessions that he uses really effectively, except for one turnover, all we will see or remember is the turnover.

1555377859969.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back