Prediction Changes: Soldiering on against the Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They didn't rock up at the G last Friday.

MCG car park was closed and was advertised in the media early. This will have impacted numbers. Also Issues on the Frankston Line with people stuck at Caulfield. 3rd factor was 2 inept sides playing and people getting sick of having no friggen idea of what's going on when the whistle blows.

Thousands at least had the opportunity to turn the TV channel over midway through the game and watch.....Oh Ok, I still watched as Supercoach points were on offer

MCG car park was closed and was advertised in the media early. This will have impacted numbers. Also Issues on the Frankston Line with people stuck at Caulfield. 3rd factor was 2 inept sides playing and people getting sick of having no friggen idea of what's going on when the whistle blows.

Thousands at least had the opportunity to turn the TV channel over midway through the game and watch.....Oh Ok, I still watched as Supercoach points were on offer
Or Collingwood and Richmond fans drop off when their season's over like all supporters.

What does the polka dot jersey for training mean?
The polka dot jersey is the special cycling jersey given to the "King of the Mountains" in the Tour de France.
We use it for the BOG in the previous game. Voted by the players. Is this a Bevo initiative, or has it always been?
2014-Tour-de-France-Cycling-Long-Sleeve-Polka-Dot-Jersey.jpg

The polka dot jersey is the special cycling jersey given to the "King of the Mountains" in the Tour de France.
We use it for the BOG in the previous game. Voted by the players. Is this a Bevo initiative, or has it always been?
2014-Tour-de-France-Cycling-Long-Sleeve-Polka-Dot-Jersey.jpg

It's not for the BOG... it's for the best "domestique" (also a cycling term). Bevo said this really early in the year when we started doing this.
Basically it's an award for who the best, hardworking teammate was of the round. One that put the guts in for their teammates and followed coaches orders.
As Bont probably followed the coaches order's exactly in preparation of North targeting he's the domestique of the week. It's not for BOG, though generally... you play a better game if you have followed Bevo's coaching.
The fact that we wear the KOM jersey probably has to do with the climbing aspect of it - it's just cool polka dots and related to cycling where we've taken the domestique idea from.

I wonder how much we curb Bont's natural flair and attacking instincts for his development, and for the good of the team.

I expect that when we have a full, mature list Bev's going to have the luxury of unleashing Bont as a purely silky attacking weapon.

Why would they risk it? Seems more like keeping the bulldog MC guessing. It shouldn't matter anyway, if we are going to make a show of it in the finals, our final 3 opponents should be given a proper hiding, otherwise we are just making up the numbers.

Why would they risk it? Seems more like keeping the bulldog MC guessing. It shouldn't matter anyway, if we are going to make a show of it in the finals, our final 3 opponents should be given a proper hiding, otherwise we are just making up the numbers.
They risk it because Buckley needs another win or two to keep himself secure. Same reason as Richmond refused to play their younger players earlier in the year.

They risk it because Buckley needs another win or two to keep himself secure. Same reason as Richmond refused to play their younger players earlier in the year.
true, but they have GC next week, should be able to snag that with a ready pendles and moore... but they have the hawks last game. seems like a hail mary throw to me, i didn't think bucks was under massive pressure. If pendles and moore go down against us, or pull up sore, they would have shot themselves in the foot for the GC game, so 3 loses to end the year, and paybe a big one to finish it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way Jake is 192cm and Zaine is 191cm, which is what the official numbers are.
Is it just me or do they look a fair bit taller then stringer? Stringer listed at 192, hamling 194 and Cordy 191
Last year someone posted that Zaine has grown. At the game I got the impression he was nearly as tall as Toyd. He must be at least 6'5" now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back