Preview Changes/Squad/Team/Pre-match Discussion vs Pies

Remove this Banner Ad

Luke Delaney will come in for Narni. Fortunately he's a good matchup for Tarrant.

Thomas for Patch who is surely done for the year.

Ziebs for Wells.

Hopefully Cunnington and Lachie were just cramping. If not, their replacements would be Greenwood and Pedersen.

Luke Delaney will come in for Narni. Fortunately he's a good matchup for Tarrant.

Thomas for Patch who is surely done for the year.

Ziebs for Wells.

Hopefully Cunnington and Lachie were just cramping. If not, their replacements would be Greenwood and Pedersen.
Dear God no Delaney. Have we already forgotten how Schultz violated him in his only feast this year?

I guess we could swing Hansen/Tarrant back and play Pedo up forward.
I thought the same, but it would upset our forward balance that has got us to where we are.

Problem is that Cloke and Dawes are two big bodied forwards in both height and width, Thompson and Firrito would struggle to contain them. We need to hope like hell that Narni comes up if we are to be a chance next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scott on Adams:

It looks pretty significant this time, not just a little subluxation, it looks a little more significant than that," Scott said.

"[It's] very difficult for us to tell at the moment but the fact that the medical staff got back pretty quickly and said he couldn't come back on [meant] I knew it was more serious than the others."

Earlier, a North Melbourne spokesman confirmed Adams would likely need shoulder surgery.

Scott on Wells:

Meanwhile, Scott said North was unsure of the severity of Wells' calf problem, which, like Adams' injury, forced him out of the game late in the first quarter.

"With a player like him who's so explosive, with even a minor calf you've got to be really careful, so we'll wait and see on," Scott said.

Scott on Grima:

Nathan Grima also spent time off the ground with hamstring tendonitis in the last quarter. But Scott said Grima had been managing that condition for some time and was hopeful it was not significant.

"We're hoping that's just a little bit of inflammation around [what's been] an old issue for him," Scott said.

Scott on Hansen:

Hansen came off the worst in the collision, taking a couple of minutes to regain his feet. He walked from the ground with the assistance of two trainers and spent about six minutes off the field.

"Hansen appears fine and the way he finished off the game was just super for us," Scott said.

Pointless playing anyone with an injury concern. Look at Essendon the past few weeks, half their team underdone/injured etc and the other half carrying them. This time of the year you need FIT players our there otherwise you get exposed. You only roll the dice with injured players in life or death games. Next week against the Pies isn't. Ziebs and Thomas are good enough ins for Adams/Wells.

imo

Out: Wells, Grima, Patch

In: ZiebUll, Pedo, Thomas (if cunners is out greenwood to come in)

Pretty sure Wells coped a boot to the calf around the time he pulled up, im crossing fingers thats all it was.

Wells will be a chance! I'm pretty sure it was a kick to the calf that had him hobbling rather than an actual tear.

Adams completely dislocated his good shoulder, not to mention his right still is sore. Both need to be reconstructed and he is a liability at the moment with them being so fragile. I reckon his season is toast. After seeing Cruizes first quarter he will be able to play Adams role!

Cunnington + Hansen are fine.

Grima has hamstring tendinitis will be managed throughout the week. I think he will be right.

My changes:

Out: Harper, Adams, Wells

Ins: Pedo, Thomas, Ziebell

Harper just isn't influencing games at the moment and he is getting pushed off the footy way too easily. A weeks spell in the twos will do his confidence wonders. Pedo comes in to play back on Dawes/ Tarrant. We will need an extra tall.

Greenwood must be very close. Very tempted to bring him in to do the job on Beams.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back