Prediction Changes Swans V Dogs at a Drying SCG 8/7/22

Remove this Banner Ad

Schache 1 solid game 1 pretty good game 1 poor game every1 wants him out. Bloke don't even get a fair run at it.

You’re ok for that game trend to continue for the next 5 years? 1 ok game in every 3 played?

There wouldn’t be another player in the comp that disappoints as regularly as what Schache does.

Thursday night is justification why he doesn’t get a run of games. He doesn’t deserve them.

You’re ok for that game trend to continue for the next 5 years? 1 ok game in every 3 played?

There wouldn’t be another player in the comp that disappoints as regularly as what Schache does.

Thursday night is justification why he doesn’t get a run of games. He doesn’t deserve them.
Plenty of players get given a dream run. No matter what happens with him he has to play for his spot every game. would love for him to get a run of 10 games to see if he has it but he never gets a chance.

Gardiner still no good and has been given a dream run.
Cordy got a dream run.
Mccomb has had 10 straight games.

Schache had a good finals series. Plays round 1 ( had a shocker ) straight out. 1 decent game 1 pretty good game then bang every1 wants him out again

Lets keep our supporters in the dark dogs. Martin has hammy problems on Sunday the tigers let their supporters know if he plays the next game on Monday. The dogs play last Thursday and we still do not know if Treloar plays this week. Time to lift your game dogs or maybe it is just symbolic of our season.

I don’t want Schache out but the awful truth is that when he plays badly he loses confidence in himself . He either gets dropped or stays in the team until his abject performances make it impossible for him to be picked.

He’s a fragile enigma. I thought he was OK as a back but we’ve not allowed him a decent run there. We could do with a decent tall back right now ….

Lets keep our supporters in the dark dogs. Martin has hammy problems on Sunday the tigers let their supporters know if he plays the next game on Monday. The dogs play last Thursday and we still do not know if Treloar plays this week. Time to lift your game dogs or maybe it is just symbolic of our season.
Nah Bevo would rather go for dinner with Tom Morris than come out on the front foot like that.

Plenty of players get given a dream run. No matter what happens with him he has to play for his spot every game. would love for him to get a run of 10 games to see if he has it but he never gets a chance.

Gardiner still no good and has been given a dream run.
Cordy got a dream run.
Mccomb has had 10 straight games.

Schache had a good finals series. Plays round 1 ( had a shocker ) straight out. 1 decent game 1 pretty good game then bang every1 wants him out again

Schache can’t be trusted to make an effort in every game he plays. That’s why anyone else on the list would get an extended run before he does at the moment. It’s now clear as day why he’s regularly dropped.

But even saying that, he’s had more chances previously to make it work than just about anyone in the comp. He chooses to not make the most of it. Hence we’re here, AGAIN, talking about how he’s performed terrible and shown gross lack of effort, AGAIN.

There’s non negotiables in every level of footy. If you can’t even compete, and put in the effort required, which is the easiest thing a player can do then you miss out. Regardless of the talent you have.

Well the conditions will certainly help our goal-kicking accuracy.

I suspect we win, but the score-line will be something akin to:

Dogs 2-23-35 v Bloods 4-9-33

Free kicks 17-2 our way, just to rub it in! (Both Swines frees and both Dogs goals coming in the first quarter!)

I think its' more this isn;t the 1st time he's completely s**t the bed in a big game
Did any of our talls have good games on the weekend?

Naughton marked two in the goal square otherwise he was ineffective. Jamarra took some marks and played his most productive game to date but was hardly amazing.

I’m all for keeping players accountable and Schache has had his chances but if we are talking about him, Sweet or Cordy this week I’d prefer Schache.

Did any of our talls have good games on the weekend?

Naughton marked two in the goal square otherwise he was ineffective. Jamarra took some marks and played his most productive game to date but was hardly amazing.

I’m all for keeping players accountable and Schache has had his chances but if we are talking about him, Sweet or Cordy this week I’d prefer Schache.
Yes Jamarra and Naughton competed and weren’t soft like Schache has been multiple times. Darcy is in hot form in the 2s time to give him a run

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You want to win this game - play both Sweet and English
Schache can't be trusted to put in an effort or show any presence - and that is unacceptable to us the supporters, and his team-mates.

English has had a couple of weeks rest and his extended presence in our forward line would have the Sydney defence at sixes and sevens.
Sweet proved last week that he may not be great but he can break even in most ruck contests. We can't afford to lose this game - there is not much personnel wise can do to shore up our defence but we can sure as hell play English as the Second Ruck. Not only is English a much greater contested marking threat up forward than Schache but Sydney know it. The defender who would be running off Schache to double team Naughton will rarely take that risk.

It's foolhardy to expect English to come back play the lone hand as the ruckman - after an extended break.

Our finals tilt was scuttled in the lose to Adelaide, when we played a Lone Lame Martin against O'Brien who had 49 hit outs 4 contest marks, 6 clearances and 5 tackles. I would like to think Bevo has learnt something this season about the value of 2 ruckman. Let's see.

If it was up to me, he’d be the first player dropped.

No doubt he’s got more natural talent than a lot on the list, included some of those you mentioned. But, his ongoing picking and choosing when he wants to play well, his unwillingness to put effort in to every game he plays and his regular reluctance to get his hands dirty when it’s his time to go is now at the ridiculous level.

He looked liked he’d turned a corner last week. Was probably the most mature game I’d seen him play. And then to cough up what he did on Thursday night was as a disgraceful pea heart effort as I’d seen from any player in the comp this year.

He’s had that many chances to come good, and he lets himself and his teammates down time and time again.

He seems a ripper kid, and I’ve spent a lot of his time at the Dogs defending him and his form. Particularly early days. But he needs to be told what’s what.

I’d rather go smaller than have Schache take the piss again.

I think you're being pretty harsh. Perhaps you should try to put yourself in his position, and cut him a bit more slack.
He plays a senior AFL game every now and again in constantly changing roles, and he is never the main target when he plays his natural role of key forward.

He would have to be anxious every game he plays because when things don't go well he is the 1st one dropped.
No Gardner, McComb or even Marra like treatment for Josh.

Schache's performance hasn't been one of the reasons we have been losing games.

Last edited:
I am surprised How tough some are being on Schache. He plays in the second worst coached team in the AFL with a match selection committee who have rules for some and other rules for others depending on who the coach likes. If you have talent you will be dropped after 1 Bad game. If you are a vfl standard player who Bevo picks you are guaranteed 10 crap games and still not dropped. McComb appears to be hard at it but in reality he can not tackle, does not apply defensive pressure and panicks all the time.

would love to see Schache stay in the team in a set role until Bruce is back. Give him some consistency. Lewis Young is the prime example. amazingly he is playing well in a top 4 team playing a defined role and not being thrown all over the park.

out Mccomb, Scott, Sweet.
in Richards, English, Garcia. ( Garcia in for the wet. He his made for the wet weather and his poor disposal efficient will not be a big factor due to the conditions

You want to win this game - play both Sweet and English
Schache can't be trusted to put in an effort or show any presence - and that is unacceptable to us the supporters, and his team-mates.

English has had a couple of weeks rest and his extended presence in our forward line would have the Sydney defence at sixes and sevens.
Sweet proved last week that he may not be great but he can break even in most ruck contests. We can't afford to lose this game - there is not much personnel wise can do to shore up our defence but we can sure as hell play English as the Second Ruck. Not only is English a much greater contested marking threat up forward than Schache but Sydney know it. The defender who would be running off Schache to double team Naughton will rarely take that risk.

It's foolhardy to expect English to come back play the lone hand as the ruckman - after an extended break.

Our finals tilt was scuttled in the lose to Adelaide, when we played a Lone Lame Martin against O'Brien who had 49 hit outs 4 contest marks, 6 clearances and 5 tackles. I would like to think Bevo has learnt something this season about the value of 2 ruckman. Let's see.
English dropping back into the hole and across the half back cut off helps our very obvious tall back issue as well. Pray god he’s recovered enough to play this week. If he doesn’t come up I’d say the year is done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back